Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

FakeObama

[Removal] - Not being able to steal keys without the victims consent

Do you think this should be implemented?  

23 members have voted

1. 1. Do you think this should be implemented?

[mheader]Discussion of Rules[/mheader]Name of current rule or new rule you are suggesting

Not being able to steal keys without the victims consent

Why is this of concern?

It's fuckin' stupid and shouldn't have ever been a rule.

Purpose of discussion

Removal

Provide a detailed elaboration of your discussion

It's not needed and just an excuse for statwhores to not be robbed and keep driving their infernuses and shit.Criminals need to literally just sell drugs which no one buys because there are no positive effects.

Just because you think that a criminal needs to sell drugs and guns to make money, makes you a bad criminal.Never had to steal keys to make a fortune, so can you.And besides, I'm pretty sure that you'd whine a lot if somebody stole -YOUR- keys.

Well, even in some cases, the owner gave his discontent to getting his vehicle keys stolen but got overruled by a Senior Admin, so yeah, I don't get the rule.

I agree with FakeObama, this shouldn't be a rule at all. This shit happens IRL very often if you ask me. To avoid being robbed you may want to stay away from the hoods and not provoke anyone. Showing disregard towards your character's life is CK-able anyway. I haven't seen anyone robbing people randomly lately. I fully support the removal of this rule.

"It's fuckin' stupid and shouldn't have ever been a rule."... what a great reasoning. Anyways, like someone said above, what if someone stole your keys? Plus, you don't need to steal some keys to make a fortune being a criminal. If you need to, you're doing something wrong.

Guest Franco

Nope, you don't even need keys to break into a car or a home. Just be a tad more sophisticated with crime, instead of being a novice at it.

Well, even in some cases, the owner gave his discontent to getting his vehicle keys stolen but got overruled by a Senior Admin, so yeah, I don't get the rule.
Erm, would you stop it already, mate? It is utterly stupid and makes you look childish.

Erm, would you stop it already, mate? It is utterly stupid and makes you look childish.
I'm not mad or anything, I don't even care anymore, I'm just pointing out that there are flaws in the rule, nothing more.

Definitely agree with this.

Not being capable of stealing vehicles is unrealistic as fuck. Sure, I have a character or two that have expensive cars, this doesn't mean that I'd go with them into certain places like Belville and Ganton. IRL, if you're driving a $50,000 car or more, you would be damn worried while driving them about getting robbed.

This realism and immersion are simply stripped out due to this rule. The removal of this rule also serves as a method of distributing the wealth and lowering the difference of economical level between different classes. In other words, statwhores won't be able to drive their fancy cars in areas with gangs or high crime rates, like in real life.

I understand this rule was placed to help the economy get on its feet in the first place, but its definitely outdone its use and is causing a lack of immersion.

+1.

Definitely agree with this.

Not being capable of stealing vehicles is unrealistic as fuck. Sure, I have a character or two that have expensive cars, this doesn't mean that I'd go with them into certain places like Belville and Ganton. IRL, if you're driving a $50,000 car or more, you would be damn worried while driving them about getting robbed.

This realism and immersion are simply stripped out due to this rule. The removal of this rule also serves as a method of distributing the wealth and lowering the difference of economical level between different classes. In other words, statwhores won't be able to drive their fancy cars in areas with gangs or high crime rates, like in real life.

I understand this rule was placed to help the economy get on its feet in the first place, but its definitely outdone its use and is causing a lack of immersion.

+1.

@@Chaos @@Lewis @@ertidog

I think it depends tho.... like you cant just go around the street to a random person and steal his vehicle by taking off his keys... that doesn't make sense and unrealistic.

maybe such rule should have an exception if you have a strong valid reason you want to steal the vehicle for. (ex. the person owes you money and wouldn't pay you, so you steal his vehicle )

I think it depends tho.... like you cant just go around the street to a random person and steal his vehicle by taking off his keys... that doesn't make sense and unrealistic.

maybe such rule should have an exception if you have a strong valid reason you want to steal the vehicle for. (ex. the person owes you money and wouldn't pay you, so you steal his vehicle )

Naturally, rules are going to be there concerning this.

1. Only the vehicle that is being driven by the victim can have its keys stolen.

2. Key theft must be supervised by administrators, for the NPC calls.

3. NPCs will also make witness reports here, just as they do when you steal a vehicle that is parked.

.. etc, literally wrote those off the top of my head.

1. Only the vehicle that is being driven by the victim can have its keys stolen.

Criminals should have chance to steal vehicle which the victim is currently driving. It's realistic it's life it's RP.

Anyway there is always chance to get it back cause robber cant PK you.

But do not start be greedy taking all keys that victim has.

Okey my wagon was stolen like few weeks ago.. Okey my first feelings about the situation was what the fuck is the car thefts activated?

Well anyway i rp:ed true and he was able to steal my car it was fun i got my car back in same night cause i saw him driving the car shortly after the robbery and i was able to locate it later on..It was parked behind houses where i saw him going. (He had gun so hell no i did not want to follow him or stay there)

Okey i talked with the guy after it and we both agreed that it was RP situation and it is valid.