Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Exp93

[General] - Disable /togspeed whilst moving

Do you think this should be implemented into the server?  

8 members have voted

1. 1. Do you think this should be implemented into the server?

• Yes, I like this idea.
    • No, I am against this idea.

[mheader]Script Suggestion[/mheader]What would be the name of the script?

Disable /togspeed whilst moving

What kind of script(s) are you suggesting?

General

Has said suggestion been seen on other servers before?

No

What is the suggestion?

Well it's unrealistic for /togspeed to work in a moving vehicle, because speed cameras have to be static to take reliable readings (due to calibration and other factors).

What are the advantages and disadvantages of this script towards the server/gameplay?

+More Realistic-N/A

Do you have any resources to support our scripters in making said suggestion?

No.

How would you go about implementing this idea?

Check if the vehicle with /togspeed on is moving (or starts to move) - if it is/does then turn it off.

How about it only works with the engine off or handbrake on?
If you are using it for a speed trap, officers like to have their engine on and handbrake off. Having one or both of them would put them at a serious disadvantage.

I would like to see this, yes.

How about it only works with the engine off or handbrake on?
How about only when the engine is off, not with handbrake. Officer's will be like: "HOLY SHIT MY HANDBRAKE BIND, NO. NOT THAT, WHAT THE FU-" and by then said offender is gone, but meh.

I would like to see this, yes.How about only when the engine is off, not with handbrake. Officer's will be like: "HOLY SHIT MY HANDBRAKE BIND, NO. NOT THAT, WHAT THE FU-" and by then said offender is gone, but meh.
I don't know about you, but sitting in a speed trap with your engine off gives the guy such an advantage when it comes to catching up to him.

Guest Ariana
I don't know about you, but sitting in a speed trap with your engine off gives the guy such an advantage when it comes to catching up to him.
PD and HP cars are OP as fuck. It takes one second for your engine to turn on. The speed cam even tells you which way they went.

Any further comments on this people?The speed radar is ridiculously OP and gives too much information - it don't need engine off (though that might be an easier way to do it scriptwise) but maybe just checking if the car is not moving.