Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

BurntToast

[Faction] - Police Spotlight

Do you think this should be implemented into the server?  

20 members have voted

1. 1. Do you think this should be implemented into the server?

• Yes, I like this idea.
    • No, I am against this idea.

[mheader]Script Suggestion[/mheader]What would be the name of the script?

Police Spotlight

What kind of script(s) are you suggesting?

Faction

Has said suggestion been seen on other servers before?

No

What is the suggestion?

Is self explanatory. Just a police spotlight onto the cruisers for PD & HP. I understand it would cause FPS drops cause of the render thingy but a scripter could always make it in F10 to toggle it. After the new siren update came out I fell in love with PD, but it just needed one more thing to top the cherry which is a police spotlight.
ieosLmMRdaru3rbAyoWwQdI2K4Tc9dy5MVAcM54k4lXKlU0yKL  gytFtpU8Nlc_K95BhD=h900
I know CLEO mods don't work on MTA, but this video is just an example if people still don't know what a spotlight is or does.

What are the advantages and disadvantages of this script towards the server/gameplay?

Adv:-More Realism-Easier to See at Night-Help find suspects at Night better-See inside a vehicle better on traffic stopsDis-Adv:-FPS Lag 'maybe'

Do you have any resources to support our scripters in making said suggestion?

-

How would you go about implementing this idea?

-

Thanks for liking the sirens! :D I do enjoy them as well.I am totally for this, but I am quite lagging already and got a lot of FPS drops in the server, so please, make it toggeable.

I say no because I think this may need shaders plus it can be a huge impact on FPS.EDIT: But honestly I'd like to see something like this.

Unnecessary fluff script. The time and effort put into doing something like this is not worth the script itself, which unfortunately won't serve any real purpose but looking cool, essentially.