Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Belgica

Community-wide Q&A/concerns

The purpose is simple, you have question about something and you ask it.Keep it to one question per post, please. It will make it easier for me. I will personally answer every concern, or tag someone in it who is more knowledgeable.What is not allowed, are staff reports and claims of abuse. These are to be reported to the IA. I will answer general questions regarding the IA, however.Posts which don't include questions or concerns, will be soft-deleted. Keep it calm and I will do as promissed above. Consider this an oportunity to clear up things which are unclear to you.

Has someone made changes to the rule about luxurious vehicles in ghettos and such? Because since my departure from the administration team almost every admin has forgotten about it and it's no longer being enforced.

Has someone made changes to the rule about luxurious vehicles in ghettos and such? Because since my departure from the administration team almost every admin has forgotten about it and it's no longer being enforced.
That rule, part of the immersion rules, has not been removed. If it is becoming problematic again, I will look into the issue this weekend. It's obvious that it is a vital rule for the better roleplayers and will not be removed any time soon, rather extended.

I'm not trying to start drama, but this has seriously crossed my mind many times. Why does the administration have such a broad scope to conduct censorship on the forums? I've been the victim of censorship quite a few times in the past week or two, and it honestly makes me feel as if my opinions, and my speech is not welcomed in the community, not a great feeling tbh, almost makes me feel as if I don't belong unless I have the same thoughts as the majority.

I'm not trying to start drama, but this has seriously crossed my mind many times. Why does the administration have such a broad scope to conduct censorship on the forums? I've been the victim of censorship quite a few times in the past week or two, and it honestly makes me feel as if my opinions, and my speech is not welcomed in the community, not a great feeling tbh, almost makes me feel as if I don't belong unless I have the same thoughts as the majority.
Censorship is only done when insults are thrown, false claims are made, off topic post created,...We do not censor anything we want. The latest threads, for example were closed because they slandered the staff team without anything consistent in it. As long as the posts made are not rude, off topic, irrelevant or the alike, it will not be censored.

Guest Orion
Is the money collected from property and vehicle taxes used to finance Government, or is it a money pit to compensate the influx of "new" money ?
Interior purchases, property/vehicle/income taxes go in the government. State benefits ($200) along with funding for LSPD, FD and other governmental agencies go out.

Is the money collected from property and vehicle taxes used to finance Government, or is it a money pit to compensate the influx of "new" money ?
All the money from taxes goes to the Government faction. They have a lot of money on their account, but can not use it for just anything, obviously.They also need to fund the LSPD and LSFD.

What happens with Dupont?
Eventually, anumaz decides. It is his faction!We are aware of the issues and will look into the best solution. I cannot give straight answer right away, as this is an on going thing.

I am able to get a steady 50 FPS on a racing server with a lot more people, a MP3 player built in playing music constantly, let's just say a lot of activity going on.But when I am driving on the server with a simple BMX on the streets, I am receiving a lot of FPS drops and keep lagging. It really turns me down to play as your are unable to.I think this should be improved because if this happens to more people, it really demotivates you to play.

The purpose is simple, you have question about something and you ask it.Keep it to one question per post, please. It will make it easier for me. I will personally answer every concern, or tag someone in it who is more knowledgeable.What is not allowed, are staff reports and claims of abuse. These are to be reported to the IA. I will answer general questions regarding the IA, however.Posts which don't include questions or concerns, will be soft-deleted. Keep it calm and I will do as promissed above. Consider this an oportunity to clear up things which are unclear to you.
It seems to me, a fairly long time community and staff member that a lot of this server is becoming consumed with OOC, rather than sticking in the characters we've decided to make and grow. A lot of this it seems to me is coming from the UAT who push OOC limitations on the server such as restricting child roleplay. Could we not just let it all be decided IC and see where it leads? Another thing, The entry requirements to the server need to be much, much harder. One thing i've noticed from doing staff reports is that a lot of the people who play on the server are here for car wraps and not very much else. Barely get IC as far as I've seen them, and just literally have no idea of roleplay. It shouldn't be about how many players we have online, it should be about the quality of roleplay found. Any future plans you can share? Anything to solve these problems or at least remedy them?

Eventually, anumaz decides. It is his faction!We are aware of the issues and will look into the best solution. I cannot give straight answer right away, as this is an on going thing.
What? Marcus Dupont is just a figure within the Dupont Corporation and I'm never on him, but Thomaspwn/Snipes are the main leaders of the Fashion side. If they decide to quit, that's where I will act and make something. Did they leave? I'm not up to date.

Why did the server moved to Canada? Most players are from Europe.It's not really bad, because this isn't a deathmatch server, so ping doesn't really matter, but some Asian guys have really (>500) ping, which is annoying if they drive.

Why did the server moved to Canada? Most players are from Europe.It's not really bad, because this isn't a deathmatch server, so ping doesn't really matter, but some Asian guys have really (>500) ping, which is annoying if they drive.
Same would occur if server was in Asia for canadian people, I guess ;-).

I am able to get a steady 50 FPS on a racing server with a lot more people, a MP3 player built in playing music constantly, let's just say a lot of activity going on.But when I am driving on the server with a simple BMX on the streets, I am receiving a lot of FPS drops and keep lagging. It really turns me down to play as your are unable to.I think this should be improved because if this happens to more people, it really demotivates you to play.
The vG base itself is laggy and full of non-efficient systems. We could switch to SARP's script, right [MENTION=211]CourtezBoi[/MENTION] ? Just kidding :D.

I have not forgotten it, and Stretch didn't forget it too, but yeah, the problem still remains, and admins don't want to or don't have time to do extra work, sadly.

When's the FMT update gonna be posted?
As soon as the tensions will cool down between factions, and we have a clear overview of the stability of the factios we would like to promote or demote.

Why do admins give some people 3rd or fifth chances, if they have been banned, kicked, jailed, warned multiple times?Is the admin team soft in your opinion?What would you change in the admin team?Do you think an admin should be highly mature?Do you think insulting and bashing each other in the admin chat is unprofessional?What do you think of the conflicts between staff members, does it affect the server in some way? [MENTION=120]Belgica[/MENTION]

Censorship is only done when insults are thrown, false claims are made, off topic post created,...We do not censor anything we want. The latest threads, for example were closed because they slandered the staff team without anything consistent in it. As long as the posts made are not rude, off topic, irrelevant or the alike, it will not be censored.
Than why do administrators get to pick and choose as to whose posts are rude, off topic, irrelevant, etc. From what I've both witnessed, and experienced, not everyone is censored on a common level, but it depends on how the administrator feels about said post.

The recent changes to the IA Scripts by [MENTION=211]CourtezBoi[/MENTION] indicate that IA may become a team (multiple people can have the IA 'rank')? Is this true, and if yes; how will said candidates be selected (either via application)?

The recent changes to the IA Scripts by @CourtezBoi indicate that IA may become a team (multiple people can have the IA 'rank')? Is this true, and if yes; how will said candidates be selected (either via application)?
I might answer a part of that. IA was initially going to be a team (public, known members), but there's been an internal vote which made CourtezBoi the only real IA known member. Although, there's been a few of us, including me (I won't name others) who have been taking a vital role into it and reported facts/proofs in secured files. CB was the guy who spoke publicly and to staff, and few of us were reporters/investigators, mainly.