Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Tseard

MG & PG whining.

Yo!So a thing that really concerns me right now is that so much situations just go to:Example 1: /b Metagaming.Example 2: /b Powergaming.Example 3: /b Wow, you must be superman.Example 4: /b Stop, I am calling an admin!I am getting real tired of this. Since when do we stop role playing and complain so much. It is so worse that I really think new players are getting unmotivated by it. YES YOU CAN FUCKING DODGE A HIT THAT IS COMING AT YOU. YES YOU CAN CRAWL AWAY IF YOU ARE SHOT IN THE LEG.Fun fact, just when I got back into the server when I got unbanned a person approached me, it seems like he thought I was a new player. He asked if I needed a ride. He was on his scooter so I declined his offer. Two minutes later he comes on the same scooter with a mask at me and attempts to stab me in my stomache while he comes from the front area. This was his response when I role played dodging it and running away.(( Woah woah ))(( hold up )) (( hold up ))(( HELLO ))(( How about you don't ignore RP? ))(( OH MY FUCKING GOD ))(( Calling admin, brb. ))(( FUCK YOU ))After that I got harrased by PMs from him, telling me I got reported that I was breaking rules and whatever. He even asked me how many hours I got, well it was 9 hours from him and 900 from me. (He lost.)Basically what I am saying is, no one wants to loose anymore, no one accepts the truth that things can happen which you did not see coming. If you are a criminal, and you are going to break in a car, but the police comes and busts your ass, it was most likely not MG as they get informed.I heard several cops saying that they are getting bored at the fact that every time someone gets arrested or busted, a real ooc festival comes and the words Metagaming and Powergaming win the grand price for most used word in five minutes. It even turns me down to role play as whenever I am doing an action, people just go in /b. God, sometimes I wish /b wasn't even here. Just for the people who did not read: Stop complaining and just role play. Don't whine in /b about MG or PG. RP NOW REPORT LATER.Thxkbai

I already predict huge bitching coming, so saying in advance, folks, pl0x, keep it decent.Altho I'm going to have to agree with Tseard - quite often people can't understand life isn't about only winning and do anything to prevent any losses from their side. Just yesterday I was told a story from a friend of mine in PD, that criminal powergamed while hiding weapons. And that's not the first time I hear such stories. Cops&Crims often complain on each other. Anyhow I kind-of doubt that thread is going to stop people from PGing and MGing, sadly as it is...

This thread ain't here for banter indeed. It is just a discussion topic how the rest of the community thinks of it. In my eyes, it kinda ruins the mood of role playing.

Yes there is:6) Always roleplayThis is a role-play server and no-one is allowed to force a situation to go out of character unless it's an administrator. If you attempt to slow role-play down (especially during a robbery) then you're also breaking this rule. "Role-play now, report later." is a great saying -- ensure that you continue to role-play even if you disagree with what's going on until an administrator arrives.However, this get's ignored so much time, and if this was enforced, the jail was pretty full with people.

Yes there is:6) Always roleplayThis is a role-play server and no-one is allowed to force a situation to go out of character unless it's an administrator. If you attempt to slow role-play down (especially during a robbery) then you're also breaking this rule. "Role-play now, report later." is a great saying -- ensure that you continue to role-play even if you disagree with what's going on until an administrator arrives.However, this get's ignored so much time, and if this was enforced, the jail was pretty full with people.
Agreed, the amount of people trying to slow down a rp when they are being robbed etc is crazy, mostly because they are PGing their location to a friend.

Agreed, the amount of people trying to slow down a rp when they are being robbed etc is crazy, mostly because they are PGing their location to a friend.
Indeed. He takes five minutes to either create a /me or he just simply starts a friendly conversation with you in /b. When all in the sudden, 3 males appear in that alley, behind the other alley, which you picked carefully as no one would go there!

Absolutely agree with every single thing written in this thread.Since this is an often issue in OwlGaming, I'd actually like to have a rule where Staff Members may forceapp players that complain in /b, rather than giving them an admin jail.

Absolutely agree with every single thing written in this thread.Since this is an often issue in OwlGaming, I'd actually like to have a rule where Staff Members may forceapp players that complain in /b, rather than giving them an admin jail.
Forceapp might be a little to harsh, but a jail for 1-10h and not a few minutes.

Forceapp might be a little to harsh, but a jail for 1-10h and not a few minutes.
It wouldn't, in my opinion.The forceapp exists to obligate the players to take another look on the rules and there is a rule against complaining in Local OOC Chat (/b).They might aswell read the rest of the rules in the mean while, in case they don't have knowledge of them.This would increase the RP Standards.

I agree same happend for me, someobody tried to punch me while standing in front of me. I rp'd to dodge it but then he began saying (( You can't do that )) I went on going because you can ignore the OOC but then he said (( Pause the rp I'm reporting )) These people should be jailed for doing this because this is one of the things that ruins Owlgaming for me.

Yup, too much people telling that the RP is paused till an admin arrives, then you tell them they can't pause the RP as only admins can and they simply ignore anything being done ICly.

I believe a small interference in OOC is necessary when it comes to PD frisking, because not every character keeps their small firearm in their waistband like most officers have assumed and then just proceed to PG taking it out from there. There are only few examples who stand out from the rest and actually ask if the firearm would be found in that one particular place.

this community seems like it's 80% OOC 20% IC these days honestlyyou'll find more RP on linkbook than on the actual server lmao

I heard several cops saying that they are getting bored at the fact that every time someone gets arrested or busted, a real ooc festival comes and the words Metagaming and Powergaming win the grand price for most used word in five minutes. It even turns me down to role play as whenever I am doing an action, people just go in /b. God, sometimes I wish /b wasn't even here.
We actually do say that, because it's tiresome, people should literally be jailed for bitching and moaning like this.

Make /b disabled for everyone? If players aren't mature enough to have the luxury of OCC chat, then remove it imo. Also, why not implement a rule that if you are a victim of PG/MG and have reasonable proof, you must continue to RP the situation and then take it to the forums? If you cry in game, you should be punished with admin jail or temp ban for just being a dickloaf.