Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Aiden2001

Load ASI files in MTA?

Question

So I found a kick ass ASI file that automatically adjusts your FOV to work with 3 monitors, and it works perfectly in single player, and in SAMP. But it doesn't load in MTA, any suggestions to get this to work? Or does MTA completely reject ASI's from loading?

3 answers to this question

So I found a kick ass ASI file that automatically adjusts your FOV to work with 3 monitors, and it works perfectly in single player, and in SAMP. But it doesn't load in MTA, any suggestions to get this to work? Or does MTA completely reject ASI's from loading?
Official MTA response; MTA forbids loading of ASI files (and I'd imagine any other file types that are automatically loaded as modules by GTA) in order to prevent CLEO mods and other unauthorized modifications.

^^ Hence why they can be loaded via the single-player and SA:MP. Actually, if you go to your GTA SA Directory>server>mods>deathmatch>mta.config file. You can see the actual sentence it states on line 51 (assuming you're using notepad++), like [MENTION=1624]anumaz[/MENTION] said --given that you have an unedited file of course (vanilla file). Though, that being said, these restrictions can be taken out if given special privileges. In which this case there will probably be no exceptions due to the security levels here; we wouldn't want to risk it... I imagine anyway that's why it would not get exempt.