Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

tree

[General] - A payday per day, if you've played for a total of one hour.

Do you think this should be implemented into the server?  

47 members have voted

1. 1. Do you think this should be implemented into the server?

• Yes, I like this idea.
    • No, I am against this idea.

[mheader]Script Suggestion[/mheader]What would be the name of the script?

A payday per day, if you've played for a total of one hour.

What kind of script(s) are you suggesting?

General

Has said suggestion been seen on other servers before?

No

What is the suggestion?

Title is self explanatory. This is a possible attempt at fixing the player economy. You'd get a payday per day if you fulfill 60 minutes of game time during that day. The paydays would automaticly be sent at midnight to everyone who fulfilled 60 minutes of game time on the same character that same day. There could be an automated 200$ to every players though, even if you don't play at all - if that'd help people.

What are the advantages and disadvantages of this script towards the server/gameplay?

Possible attempt to fix the economy, but players who can play for a shorter amount of time will never get paid (except for that 200$)

Do you have any resources to support our scripters in making said suggestion?

Myself, I guess.

How would you go about implementing this idea?

Doing it?

Yes, although, in this case I believe legal factions would need to increase wages twice or so. Getting 300$ per 24 hours is kinda hardcore on my opinion (and that is how much new players with lower ranks obtain)Also, don't forget basic jobs, like delivery\bus driver. In this case we are going to have delivery drivers invasion again, I guess?

With due respect, I'm not sure how the economy is broken now days? Like, it's really...not? I don't see insane inflation, I don't see overly unreasonable prices set by other players, it seems pretty good tbh. I'm not sure of the need for this.

Yes, although, in this case I believe legal factions would need to increase wages twice or so. Getting 300$ per 24 hours is kinda hardcore on my opinion (and that is how much new players with lower ranks obtain)Also, don't forget basic jobs, like delivery\bus driver. In this case we are going to have delivery drivers invasion again, I guess?
You're right, a price adjustment of basic stuff like that should be changed, if this ever gets accepted.
With due respect, I'm not sure how the economy is broken now days? Like, it's really...not? I don't see insane inflation, I don't see overly unreasonable prices set by other players, it seems pretty good tbh. I'm not sure of the need for this.
Look at the price of everything, look at everyone's bank account ( a simple police officer with 2M$, really? ) The median of bank money overall characters is like at 250 000$, which means there's the same amount of characters with a bank balance over 250K, and same amount Under 250K

The prices are like this because they are controlled by players' sense of logic and partially by staff. You can ask yourself new property if it has no marker\owner and pay rather low amount of money, comparing to properties being sold at auctions...

I guess I am still the only person struggling with earning real money..Anyways yes, I think we could try this out as it seems like a good thing.However what about the time played on the characters, will it still increase one hour each xx:00. x = number between 0 - 24(If ya know what I mean. )

I guess I am still the only person struggling with earning real money..Anyways yes, I think we could try this out as it seems like a good thing.However what about the time played on the characters, will it still increase one hour each xx:00. x = number between 0 - 24(If ya know what I mean. )
Hours played on character won't affect the payday at all. (if you mean the thing in /stats)

There are better solutions to such a problem. This isn't a good one in my opinion.Allow the faction to manage paychecks for people that actually go on duty, not just be online etc.

There are better solutions to such a problem. This isn't a good one in my opinion.Allow the faction to manage paychecks for people that actually go on duty, not just be online etc.
If I have 200k+ on my bank account, I can easily quit any job and come online once per hour just for whoring money by bank cheque (or whatever that word is). Paying once per 24 hours would actually make rich only people at leading posts in official factions, just like it is IRL, on my opinion...
Nope, that won't be fair for new players considering old players received a lot more paydays in past. And this might just decrease the overall server activity.
that's what basic jobs can serve for. If these jobs would give you big starting cash (until you obtained a lot of hours), you'd be way closer to old players, in a matter of wealth. Don't forget that hourly payday gives you money based on your current wealth (these money in bank). Currently, leaving system as it is, would make it only more unfair for new players in my eyes, duo to millionairs get x2 more money than newbies every hour, by simply sitting online and doing nothing.

If I have 200k+ on my bank account, I can easily quit any job and come online once per hour just for whoring money by bank cheque (or whatever that word is). Paying once per 24 hours would actually make rich only people at leading posts in official factions, just like it is IRL, on my opinion...
You only get the welfare check if you don't have a lot of money in the bank. To help new players.Idk what your talking about at all.

You only get the welfare check if you don't have a lot of money in the bank. To help new players.Idk what your talking about at all.
Maybe I'm bit outdated, cause I haven't been active for 2 months or so...But when I played last and had 200k on my account, I kept getting extra 1k every payday (percentage from sum of money on my bank account or whatever was it?) I'm not really strong at economical termins, but thing is that my 'clear' income was 1k hourly and I could actually do nothing but whoring for money, if I wanted to (no, I wasn't part of any faction by those moment)

Maybe I'm bit outdated, cause I haven't been active for 2 months or so...But when I played last and had 200k on my account, I kept getting extra 1k every payday (percentage from sum of money on my bank account or whatever was it?) I'm not really strong at economical termins, but thing is that my 'clear' income was 1k hourly and I could actually do nothing but whoring for money, if I wanted to
Oh interest? You still get that but it will limit it at a point. And I mean if you want to live off insurance have fun I guess? Tax's would basically negate it if you owned anything.People do live off interest IRL, so its not crazy unrealistic. But I'm sure it could be reduced.

Oh interest? You still get that but it will limit it at a point. And I mean if you want to live off insurance have fun I guess? Tax's would basically negate it if you owned anything.People do live off interest IRL, so its not crazy unrealistic. But I'm sure it could be reduced.
its in no way realistic for someone to make several thousand dollars in the space of a few hours purely off of interest.

its in no way realistic for someone to make several thousand dollars in the space of a few hours purely off of interest.
lol I didn't mean it in that way. I meant the idea that people can live off their interest. The same thing could be said with tax's and its not realistic it gets changed hourly.

I understand all points brought into replies to this thread. Giving faction paycheck only if on duty, that'd work really well in my opinion. If you're 30 minutes on duty, then you'd get 50% off the wage? Something like that? Though, not all factions (legal) have duties, so how would that work?

lol I didn't mean it in that way. I meant the idea that people can live off their interest. The same thing could be said with tax's and its not realistic it gets changed hourly.
so why keep it at an hourly rate? what benefit is there to having taxes every hour?