Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ryder

[General] - Mechanic Shop NPC

Do you think this should be implemented into the server?  

6 members have voted

1. 1. Do you think this should be implemented into the server?

• Yes, I like this idea.
    • No, I am against this idea.

[mheader]Script Suggestion[/mheader]What would be the name of the script?

Mechanic Shop NPC

What kind of script(s) are you suggesting?

General

Has said suggestion been seen on other servers before?

No

What is the suggestion?

Currently the prices of products at mechanic NPC's are way too unrealistic. For example Side Skirts cost $10000 for both sides, however in real life I can get a full body kit for like $2000 and side skirts for just $300-350. Wheels cost $4500, It's not really hard to find good quality wheels for like $70-80 per wheel. Similarly other prices are very high and unrealistic. If car prices IG are in accordance with real life, the spare parts should also be. Also change the products given by Mechanic NPC's to generic box objects so that instead of just clicking on the upgrade via inventory, one has to actually RP fitting it and then an admin/VCT can check RP logs and install the item on car. Installation procedure should require only an F2 report and not a forum application or anything as admins handle visual upgrades via F2 reports already.

What are the advantages and disadvantages of this script towards the server/gameplay?

Advantages: 1. Will make server more realistic.2. Will make vehicle parts more affordable and people will actually use mechanic NPC shops. 3. Prevent people from installing products in an unrealistic way.4. Will increase roleplay on server. Disadvantages:1. Will increase the amount of work admins have to do. 2. Will increase the amount of work VCT has to do(assuming you will allow em to add visual upgrades)

Do you have any resources to support our scripters in making said suggestion?

I do not think it requires any special resources, all you need to do is change some values
:)

How would you go about implementing this idea?

The mechanic NPC should give only generic box shaped objects if possible. Make it so that one has to first get the object, then RP fitting it and then contact an admin/VCT member to install it on car, not via any forum application but by simply making an F2 report in game.

A car costs what it costs in real life, so does a home, so do parts you order for your car to RPly modify it, not sure why this can't be.
Sure you got a point there, but if we're gonna do everything realisticly on a game, we're not getting far.

A car costs what it costs in real life, so does a home, so do parts you order for your car to RPly modify it, not sure why this can't be.
yet you can easily earn several thousand dollars per hour. And that's unreallistic part, so imo, I'm against fixing the prices on parts. Not even mentioning different parts developers have different prices.

yet you can easily earn several thousand dollars per hour. And that's unreallistic part, so imo, I'm against fixing the prices on parts. Not even mentioning different parts developers have different prices.
So instead of fixing that unrealistic part, we rather make other stuff unrealistic? heh

If one can afford it and knows how to attach it and can do a decent roleplay for it, why not?
Well, in an organized society, policymaking aims to benefit as many people as possible. I'd gladly live with the guilt of some people not having body kits if it means I see normal traffic around town instead of tuned out 4-figure-priced cars.

So instead of fixing that unrealistic part, we rather make other stuff unrealistic? heh
How are you going to fix the fact that half of server is rich as f...? By forcefully taking money from accounts? I doubt that ;)Lowering wages won't help any time soon anyway, imo. It's the problem with hourly payday itself. Although I'm against deleting that either.

How are you going to fix the fact that half of server is rich as f...? By forcefully taking money from accounts? I doubt that ;)Lowering wages won't help any time soon anyway, imo. It's the problem with hourly payday itself. Although I'm against deleting that either.
Money isn't the problem. The way people act regarding money is.

Denied due to the fact that our economy is unrealistic. I agree that houses, cars and some more stuff are based on realistic prices, although, increasing mechanic prices limits in a certain way the amount of modified vehicles on the Streets. You cannot disagree on the fact that there's already way too many.