Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Pilovali

[Faction] - Goverment able to track and trace a cellphone.

Do you think this should be implemented into the server?  

17 members have voted

1. 1. Do you think this should be implemented into the server?

• Yes, I like this idea.
    • No, I am against this idea.

[mheader]Script Suggestion[/mheader]What would be the name of the script?

Goverment able to track and trace a cellphone.

What kind of script(s) are you suggesting?

Faction

Has said suggestion been seen on other servers before?

No

What is the suggestion?

Just as the title says.There are troll calls sometimes, these happen in real life aswell and if that happens too much, the police will trace the number and arrest that person.And when someone is missing, the goverment factions (PD, FD, HP and maybe FAA) can trace the number and see where the player is. This system is not super accurate, but like... accurate to about 25 to 50 meters,

What are the advantages and disadvantages of this script towards the server/gameplay?

- More realism- Ability to trace trollers that call 911- Ability to trace missing people using their phonenumber

Do you have any resources to support our scripters in making said suggestion?

Something like /dispatch, but then with the phonenumber and not really exact position, something like this:
24lmzyu.png

How would you go about implementing this idea?

-

I already thought they could RPly trace? i've always shut my phone off while on the run lol.
I believe they call an admin to trace it, the admin recons him and tells the location.

I believe they call an admin to trace it, the admin recons him and tells the location.
That is too much work in my opinion. In real life they can press a button, enter your number and they can see you on the map.In my opinion it's much easier if it is done scriptwise.

That is too much work in my opinion. In real life they can press a button, enter your number and they can see you on the map.In my opinion it's much easier if it is done scriptwise.
If there's a script that works for this, i don't see why this shouldn't be in the game, makes the police life easier.

Let an admin do it. Some people RP not being able to be traced, and this system can be abused. Get the cellphone provider, the number, and press F2 to report. It takes two seconds for an admin to /recon ID and tell you.

Let an admin do it. Some people RP not being able to be traced, and this system can be abused. Get the cellphone provider, the number, and press F2 to report. It takes two seconds for an admin to /recon ID and tell you.
Unless administrators aren't available.But yes, I do agree with what you said.

Yeah indeed it takes two seconds for the administrator to /recon but it takes more than 20 minutes to even get an administrator to accept your report.Even if this is the case I think this should stay on the staff team, script is unnecessary even though it would save up alot of time when done properly.

Lol no they can't. Signal triangulation requires a warrant.

Lol no they can't. Signal triangulation requires a warrant.
In my country they can do that without warrant. But, then get a searching warrant on the MDC and then locate the number.

In my country they can do that without warrant. But, then get a searching warrant on the MDC and then locate the number.
Well, this is the United States. Would concede this feature addition if we had the possibility of getting burner phones with pre-loaded credit and no attachment to your name.

But phones aren't connected to you anyways, unless you start using it to buy stuff and to post on government agencies their applications. You can just buy six phones and start using them for random shit you want, throw them away afterwards.

But phones aren't connected to you anyways, unless you start using it to buy stuff and to post on government agencies their applications. You can just buy six phones and start using them for random shit you want, throw them away afterwards.
If you go into your phone settings you'll see it has a "subscriber name" line, which makes sense considering everything is paid for with your bank account. If you were to call in a bomb threat and destroy the phone, I'm fairly certain no one would tell PD or HP to get lost if they asked for that information, which is normal, and which is why we need burners.

If you go into your phone settings you'll see it has a "subscriber name" line, which makes sense considering everything is paid for with your bank account. If you were to call in a bomb threat and destroy the phone, I'm fairly certain no one would tell PD or HP to get lost if they asked for that information, which is normal, and which is why we need burners.
Ah I saw it. Nevermind what I said then.

This should be added. It's more RP than letting an Admin do it because when an Admin does it there is no RP put into it. They just do the command and done. I'd like to see this implemented into the server all though I don't play anymore...