Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

RobDogg

Roleplaying a kid.

IntroductionFor those who have RPd kids in the past know that it isn't as easy as it looks. Even if over 80% of this community consists of minors, they don't know how to properly RP as one. But I don't blame you guys, the temptations are too many, however, I'll tell you my secret. Even if you RP a 14 year-old boy or girl you still want what you don't have in real life, cars, money, maybe a house, but every time that cancerous thought goes through your mind remember that you joined this community to Roleplay, not to gain virtual assets and such. Remember that everyone can farm money to buy an Infernus, so why don't you try to be different? To stand out from the majority? Try developing your character as much as you can, be original, be yourself. Anyway, I didn't come here to tell you how shit you are or how to live your life, let's get to work.Infants (0-1 y/o)

The term infant is typically applied to young children between the ages of 1 month and 12 months; however, definitions may vary between birth and 1 year of age, or even between birth and 2 years of age. A newborn is an infant who is only hours, days, or up to a few weeks old. In medical contexts, newborn or neonate (from Latin, neonatus, newborn) refers to an infant in the first 28 days after birth.I doubt that any of you would roleplay an infant, but who knows? Someone RPing pregnant might request a generic item and passively RP with it. However, a baby is unable to speak until his teeth grow, which happens around the first year of his life. He sleeps most of the time and he can only drink maternal milk or replacements. Also, infants can't walk and as I stated above they don't speak too much either.

Toddlers (1-3 y/o)

A toddler is a child between the ages of one and three. The toddler years are a time of great cognitive, emotional and social development. The word is derived from "to toddle", which means to walk unsteadily, like a child of this age.This is one of the hardest period of a parent's life in my opinion, he needs to be very careful with his child's needs and wants, because this is the period when the child evolves the most, he slowly starts to speak and as Wikipedia says above, they start walking, however, unsteady. He starts to discover the world, he's very inquisitive. A toddler wouldn't survive without his mother, so think twice before creating such a character.

Preschoolers (3-5 y/o)

There's not much to be said here, preschoolers can already walk, they can speak, but they didn't lose their curiosity. They still have a lot to learn.

School-aged children (5-11 y/o)

Parents can now rest a bit, their children can speak with no problem and they can walk perfectly. They shouldn't be let alone whatsoever, they still require love, patience and care. Between these ages they will memorize what they do. In the early stages they were rather unable to remember what they did, speak and such. They go to school now and the stressful life begins.

Preadolescence (11-13 y/o)

Parents, don't slack off, prepare your books, your son/daughter will start to explore the world in deep. Mostly girls will evolve faster and the monthly period is close. They start to feel something for the opposite sex, they might get involved in a 1-2-month relationship. Also, you can't join a gang and become an OG at this age, it's completely unrealistic, you might hang out with some friends, maybe drink a beer once in a while. At this age, children are very difficult, they've a mix between moodiness and the will to grow up. They always want to look tough, cool, rebellious and whatnot.

Adolescence (13-18 y/o)

A lot of things to be said here, but you're most likely bored, so I'll just sum it up. Now that your little character has grown up a bit, he can start building a relationship (might last 1-2, 3 years in some cases). Unfortunately, girls are vulnerable at the ages of 14, 15 and 16. They don't really know what they want for themselves and they are easily manipulated. While boys are somewhat smarter and they are the ones who manipulate them. They (the boys) develop the early rebellious stage, they want privacy and become very disobedient. As they grow up some of them may ripen, others may remain the same. All they see at this age are girls and cars - but not necessarily, I'm generalizing.Well, pretty much this is it, thanks for reading. I'm waiting for your feedback and if you got anything to add, remove or edit, let me know in a decent comment. I hope you'll find it helpful!Thanks to Wikipedia: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Human_development_(biology)

Nice guide as in general. Hope the players that roleplay kids now stop driving expensive SUVs and all that shit. Good job, Mr.Matis.
It's Andrew 4 u, mr Whatever.

I'm not either.I'm talking about mid-high class.
so many kids are having sex these days that it's pathetic... mostly 13 and up though, I've walked into my friend's room once when I was 14 and she was 13 and she and another girl were, well you know... Not going to say much as we have kids here on this community... it's getting outrageous lately lol

so many kids are having sex these days that it's pathetic... mostly 13 and up though, I've walked into my friend's room once when I was 14 and she was 13 and she and another girl were, well you know... Not going to say much as we have kids here on this community... it's getting outrageous lately lol
I don't wanna be rude or anything, but don't you live in the south? *cough* *cough*

Right, I'll edit that thing, everyone has the right to develop their character in the way they wish, I'm in no power to judge you guys. But I chose to RP as one of those girls who respects herself.

I don't wanna be rude or anything, but don't you live in the south? *cough* *cough*
I'm offended... The south is nothing like the stupid ass stereotypes...

Been too busy respraying my frame and engine covers m811226180_410390965800115_7068302763734643044_n.jpg?oh=4bdea62fe6448f1f30d6e4be5b997d06&oe=55CB9904
Well keep working on your bike and stop the OOC Insults. Grown ass man insulting a 17 year old, funny as hell.

no offence but guide is not much helpful, it's like saying "Roleplaying a gangster", thread contents is "Break laws".
What do you mean? Be more specific, please.

when i finished reading it I didn't feel like I'd be better at roleplaying a kid
Help me with some tips, bruh. What should I add, what should I remove? What did you find useful?