Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

RobDogg

Kid roleplay

Do you want this new rule to be removed?  

45 members have voted

1. 1. Do you want this new rule to be removed?

• Yes, it confines my borders of roleplay.
    • No, it should stay.

They don't allow the age to be lower than 16 [MENTION=533]Thomaspwn[/MENTION]
Thanks.At one hand I do understand this rule.Think about conflicts with LSPD and SAHP, being a criminal at the age 12 is then supposed to give you a free ticket to get away with everything? I don't know how the law exactly is but I do understand that from this perspective, this could be abused. Things such as "IRL you go to a clinic or you get therapy or counseling" don't apply here because we don't have any of these things in the game for a clear reason.At the other hand, I started RPing as Mandy Lewis at age 15 (who is 17 now) and she's always been a FULLY LEGAL character. I don't have any way to abuse that age and it's purely made for character development.This is why there is a conflict between the rules and there maybe should be an alternative solution. But I do understand that RPing very young could be used as a poor excuse by trolls to get away with everything.Besides that, on another note, (kinda off-topic,I know) how many people can actually RP a kid?Let me introduce you to the stereotype "bad" child RPer.-He's 13 -He's a hardass gangster whose parents died at a young age (but only if the character is black)-He drives one of the most expensive and exclusive cars-He's very rich-He knows his way with guns because he grew up with them, dayumn-PD and HP can't do shit cause he's too young (( LOL NON RP!! ))Long story short.I do understand why this rule is here. But it's a shame that people who like to RP a young and legal character can't do it anymore because of the trolls who ruined it.My opinion is that this rule should be adjusted, how? I'm not sure yet, maybe make it so you can only RP a legal child under 16, just to add roleplay to people who RP couples and want to RP having a child, stuff like that.

Personally, I think it's ridiculous that it's been banned. Almost anything and everything should be allowed in privacy, with OOC approval from both parties involved. roleplay should not be impeded on OOC'ly wherever possible. Then again, it was voted and it was passed democratically, so there ya go. I respect the vote.

I'm RPing a 15 y/o regardless and you can't jail me or anybody else for developing our characters in a different way as long as it's realistic. Thing that gets on my nerves is that I have to walk around with a /status instead of using it for things that are worth it. We need the age displayed in our /look not in an eye-cancerous /status.

So you are immune for jail? Guess I am gonna start my kids mafia then.
No, I mean, admins can't jail us for that.

Meh... restrictions, restrictions, restrictions and restrictions again. Since when owl turned onto place where everything is getting restricted? On my opinion roleplaying, for example, sex, is way more awkward and inconvenient than roleplaying as teen, but you don't see me running with a red flag claiming everyone who roleplays sex is fegget and this type of RP should get bant, do you? Why can't people roleplay whatever they want?... Big part of server slowly turns to statwhores and honestly, I don't really see restricting everything around as a solution against this(I'm also partially touching new mapping rules and some other stuff, but that's another topic to discuss).Currently there are around 3-4 actively discussed topics about roleplaying as kids, meaning there's lots of people who would want to keep roleplaying as kids...I've voiced my opinion long before that and honestly I don't think anything is going to change. What prevents UAT (or whoever is responsible for that) from setting actual rules like 'only legal characters below age of 15 are allowed to roleplay +no pedophelia RP allowed' or at least making that age accesible for gamecoins\admin allowable? (hell, make up special form, only keep it OOC and explain what kind of roleplay would you want + show admin history). It just remains a mistery for me...

Making it for GC is the most stupid idea ever.
...fully restricting something because of bunch of trolls is even more stupid

Well, fully restricting something due to the chance that some people *might* abuse is just wrong in the first place. We are an RP community, we should try and diversify our categories of RP as much as possible, because all I can currently see is people RPing the same repetative crap over and over again.

No opinion on it, I personally haven't seen anyone properly RPing a kid as funny as it may sound, having this entire community filled with kids.
I've shared fantastic roleplay with both [MENTION=533]Thomaspwn[/MENTION] and [MENTION=1842]ElChe[/MENTION] in terms of them RPing a Kid/Young adult. But unfortunately in most cases it does take only a few apples to ruin something that can enhance the typical "Family roleplay".

Is this even a new rule? Hasn't this been around for like months and now that one person took notice of it everyone rants about it as if they cared in the first place?

Is this even a new rule? Hasn't this been around for like months and now that one person took notice of it everyone rants about it as if they cared in the first place?
No, we've been complaining about it's implementation ever since it was put in in the first place.

Why does SAHP have a child protection facility if there are no children? Duuuh. A vast part of the community wants this branch of RP back, so why not bringing it back already? If you see a kid running around w/ an AK, jail him for powergaming. If you see a minor driving a fancy-ass car, find out how he got in possession of it, if he doesn't come up with a good reason, jail him for non-RP. If cops catch a kid doing smth illegal, put him in that facility you have. There's a solution for everything, stop finding irrelevant excuses.