Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

EDR

[Other] - Vehicle's plates.

Do you think this should be implemented?  

10 members have voted

1. 1. Do you think this should be implemented?

[mheader]Discussion of Rules[/mheader]Name of current rule or new rule you are suggesting

Vehicle's plates.

Why is this of concern?

It's pretty unrealistic and unfair.

Purpose of discussion

Other

Provide a detailed elaboration of your discussion

I always felt uneasy about vehicle's plates being toggled simply because they can go sideways or because they're modified. The only times you see a vehicle's plate being taken off if it's a Pro-Spec modified vehicle for an automotive series and they have regulations or if somebody simply taken it off.I was thinking to compensate this is by simply adding a feature or script to display errors if a Law Enforcement Agency is checking the vehicle. It creates a lot more RP on both sides and creates a good balance and reduces a lot of Meta-Gaming.

Just because you got your plates disabled due to your vehicle being heavily modified does not mean you can just suggest to get different plates to get your vehicle legal again.

Just because you got your plates disabled due to your vehicle being heavily modified does not mean you can just suggest to get different plates to get your vehicle legal again.

Road illegal cars can still have plates. I think that's what he's saying. Instead of toggling plates, we should allow them to keep the plates, and find a different way, such as a flag in the MDC that declares if it's illegal or not.

I was thinking to compensate this is by simply adding a feature or script to display errors if a Law Enforcement Agency is checking the vehicle. It creates a lot more RP on both sides and creates a good balance and reduces a lot of Meta-Gaming.
We assume that all the: **THE VEHICLES PLATES WOULD BE RIPPED OFF / NOT SHOWN ** -.. are usually fake, and it's just powergaming itself, we don't believe it until said person grabs the admin that MONITORED the roleplay, roleplays like that MUST be monitored, and if it wasn't, it was simply powergaming.I can't support this, sorry,

I tought about this thread a lot and I would like to say: I remember the times when people drove their drift cars on the streets, normal like every other car. People just owned one car and for my group they were the drift cars. Nobody abused them. And today when I look at my garage and see the cars that I own,I always ask myself why do I need them. It was simple and a lot better when we had just one car. Now I would give every single car that I own just to get my drift car legal. Im not saything this to get my drift car plates back, Im just saying that people used to drive them normaly without any abusing but when you look at the vehicle economy and the people if you get the plates back ls will be like tokio drift.... But well another sign that owl is dying

This won't change.The VCT rules are not based on any law or existing systems. A car that has specs for a racing track can't be handled normally, due to the GTA physics and limitations. They are illegal, because a majority of the players can't use them properly.Sorry.