Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

BlueBerry

[General] - Disable individual skin textures

Do you think this should be implemented into the server?  

7 members have voted

1. 1. Do you think this should be implemented into the server?

• Yes, I like this idea.
    • No, I am against this idea.

[mheader]Script Suggestion[/mheader]What would be the name of the script?

Disable individual skin textures

What kind of script(s) are you suggesting?

General

Has said suggestion been seen on other servers before?

No

What is the suggestion?

Disable individual skin textures allowing you to use mods, without them fucking up majorly.

What are the advantages and disadvantages of this script towards the server/gameplay?

Stated above.

Do you have any resources to support our scripters in making said suggestion?

Negative.

How would you go about implementing this idea?

N/A

...allowing you to use mods, without them fucking up majorly.
...allowing in what way? Like <download custom ped model -> open gtagarage software -> install model you want for yourself>?Or did you mean installing custom dff models script-wise? Although, I don't really imagine how's that possible...

...allowing in what way? Like <download custom ped model -> open gtagarage software -> install model you want for yourself>?Or did you mean installing custom dff models script-wise? Although, I don't really imagine how's that possible...
It bugs if you use some DFF skin mods if someone uses a private skin from dupont.

It bugs if you use some DFF skin mods if someone uses a private skin from dupont.
wasn't there option like 'don't display custom ped textures?' Maybe it'd be way better desicion than restricting whole custom skins branch?

Oh really? where is this option?
Dunno really, that was more of a question than a statement, lol.Well then, why not suggest that option instead of restricting custom skins anyway? :P
What I mean is that the dupont system's textures are disabled on the skins that you select.
I believe this should be added to description. I was about to vote NO when read your suggestion first. Mainly thinking you suggest deleting it for everyone.If I've had option to take off the 'tick' from statement like 'enable custom textures for skin ID [NUMBER]' it'd be awesome.

No. I don't intend to ruin features so you can install your mods. We never have supported mods and never will. There is to much variation in mods to make things like Dupont work properly.I feel as if letting you simply disable whatever skin you want ruins the purpose of them and would greatly reduce the amount of players that would feel motivated to buy skins in the first place.