Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Aiden2001

[General] - Small Bank Loans

Do you think this should be implemented into the server?  

10 members have voted

1. 1. Do you think this should be implemented into the server?

• Yes, I like this idea.
    • No, I am against this idea.

[mheader]Script Suggestion[/mheader]What would be the name of the script?

Small Bank Loans

What kind of script(s) are you suggesting?

General

Has said suggestion been seen on other servers before?

No

What is the suggestion?

You would speak to a bank teller (NPC) in a roleplay manner, right click them, and enter in the amount you would like to loan (max $2,500), The money would be deposited into your bank account. You are now free to do what you wish with the cash. When the time next payday comes around, the script would take the $2,500 from your bank account if you placed enough back into your account to pay the loan. If not, it will continue to take money from your future pay check until you have paid the loan off. - During the process of paying the loan back, you would not be able to loan any more money.- You would have to have at least 10 hours on your character to loan money (like dropping money, transferring money, drugs as well).- Any money in your bank account, or from your paycheck would be collected from the bank (via script) until you pay the loan back.- There would be an interest fee of like $250 - $500.The amount is very small, and wouldn't even be worth abusing. I haven't found a way in which someone would be able to abuse this either.

What are the advantages and disadvantages of this script towards the server/gameplay?

- Provides realism.- Most banks will lend small amount to just about anyone.- The amount is so small, it wouldn't be abused.

Do you have any resources to support our scripters in making said suggestion?

No.

How would you go about implementing this idea?

Implement.

I've been in situations where I was literally dead broke, and couldn't afford gas, items, and pay repairs, rapid towing impound fees, etc. This would be very useful for such emergencies.

We have a bank which provides loans with actual RP.
This here. But if you're looking to get a quick $125 for your impound fee, you might as well just wait for you $200 state benefits. Seems to take too long to get a loan from the BoLS.

We have a bank which provides loans with actual RP.
I understand that, but that's quite the process to go through to loan a mere $2,500. I understand that the process is beneficiary for big loans, but for minuscule ones its a con, not a pro as most people wont bother to take time to go through the process to get very small amounts. The way the in-game economy works, $2,500 is basically pocket change.

This here. But if you're looking to get a quick $125 for your impound fee, you might as well just wait for you $200 state benefits. Seems to take too long to get a loan from the BoLS.
True you could wait for state benefit, but there's also vehicle insurance you have to pay, house insurance, etc that might put one in a position where they can not pay. I've been in such positions and literally just bummed people for the money. I would feel better if I could just loan it from BoLS in-game without having to go through a process on the forums that could take any where from a couple of hours to a couple of days to get response.

No, you should either loan from your friends or family.And as stated by others, $2,500 is not much in this server, which you can earn in 2/3 paychecks when you got a good paying job.

No, you should either loan from your friends or family.And as stated by others, $2,500 is not much in this server, which you can earn in 2/3 paychecks when you got a good paying job.
A good paying job when you're slinging dope isn't very realistic imo. The IC friends of some of my characters ain't down to loan cash. And I don't got no IC family that I can actually loan from, as that'd be sort of alt to alting lol.

Then earn money doing some small jobs. Or loan from friends and family.
What if no one is willing to loan money? Why not have the bank do it, that's sort of one their functions, and how they earn income. Friends are friends, friends are not banks. But banks are banks lol. So let a bank do, what a bank does.

What if no one is willing to loan money? Why not have the bank do it, that's sort of one their functions, and how they earn income. Friends are friends, friends are not banks. But banks are banks lol. So let a bank do, what a bank does.
Not sure if a bank would loan money to drug addicts or whatever.Friends are friends, and they support you (at least that is what my friends do.)If they don't want to loan a crappy 2,000. Then I would say that they are just greedy.

Not sure if a bank would loan money to drug addicts or whatever.Friends are friends, and they support you (at least that is what my friends do.)
Well banks are not known to test if you have drugs in your system, and not all drugs dealers are drug addicts, so that's irrelevant. Friends may be willing to loan cash sure, but this suggestion is for people who have no friends that will loan them cash, have no other way to loan money, perhaps have no source of income other than the $200 state benefit, and could use the cash in advance, and pay back at a later time. Clearly if someone is desperate for $2,500 or less, it's probably an emergency. The loan won't boost their finances even slightly, or give them an advantage over %99 of the community.

Banks do check your history and your background before giving a loan, along with a valid and good reason why to give you the money and how you are going to use it. I am still going to vote no as I do not think that it is that much required. Anything between $0 and $2,500 is fairly easy to receive if you play for a couple of hours.

Banks do check your history and your background before giving a loan, along with a valid and good reason why to give you the money and how you are going to use it. I am still going to vote no as I do not think that it is that much required. Anything between $0 and $2,500 is fairly easy to receive if you play for a couple of hours.
Not all drug dealers have a criminal history, not all people who would loan would even have illegal affiliations. A couple of hours could mean a lot to some people, like I for example. I work 5 days out of the week, anywhere from 6 - 10 hours per shift, and when I get home from working that couple of hours spent collecting money to get a simple $500, or so for a spray and pay repair could mean that's all the time I had to game that day.I believe your being inconsiderate of other peoples time, and daily schedule, imo. But vote as you please.

I was not only talking about criminal history, it goes even deeper and further then that.
Credit history, the amount of your income, even your character I know what they look for. For such a small loan, most banks would not refuse to loan applicants the money. I can go to TD right now, and apply for a credit card, and a loan, and they'd grant me a loan for $5,000 even though I have no credit history at all.Plus as the suggestion stated above, there's no way to abuse the loan system.

Cant afford RT impond release fee? Buy a garage.
Can't afford RT impound, can't afford garage either lulz. And this isn't just about RT impound fees. Can't afford pay n' spray fee, buy an indestructible car lmao.

Can't afford RT impound, can't afford garage either lulz. And this isn't just about RT impound fees. Can't afford pay n' spray fee, buy an indestructible car lmao.
So park in a public garage. I left a car at the bank lot for like a week straight without it being touched.