Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Mickey

Hotline Miami

Anyone play this gem? For those of you who don't know what it is, it's a very stylish 2D top-down ultraviolent shooter, with an amazing soundtrack and surrealistic storytelling you would usually see in movies by David Lynch, or the latter Nicolas Winding Refn, whose movie "Drive" was an inspiration in the making of the Hotline Miami games.Hotline Miami plot summary: The protagonist of Hotline Miami and the playable character for most of the game is a guy with the nickname Jacket. Over the course of the game, the protagonist wakes up in his apartment and listens to cryptic messages on his answering machine. These messages tell him to perform an arbitrary task at a certain location, which in each case is inferred as a metaphor for killing every person at that location. Hotline Miami employs an unreliable narrator and events are sometimes presented out of chronological order. The player takes the role of an unknown man; he is frequently referred to as "Jacket" by fans due to his distinctive letterman jacket, but he is never referred to by this or any other name in the game. He is plagued by visions involving three masked strangers who discuss his identity and actions. The first is a man who wears Jacket's clothes and a rooster mask ('Richard') and asks him cryptic questions, the second is a woman wearing a horse mask ('Don Juan') who expresses concern over his mental state, and the third is a mobster who wears an owl mask ('Rasmus') and expresses disgust at his behavior.Hotline Miami 2: The second game focuses on various characters' viewpoints and the aftermath of Jacket's killing spree, the game has more than one protagonist. It is as awesome as the first one, if not better.The games are incredibly fun, have an amazing soundtrack and probably got the best gameplay of the genre.

This game is fricking awesome! I've played the first part, now I'm half-way on the second one.Man, I wish that someone would make a movie about this game. I'd be epic! But, prolly banned in Australia (ifyuknowwhatimean). ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)