Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Aiden2001

[General] - Advanced FOV Support

Do you think this should be implemented into the server?  

3 members have voted

1. 1. Do you think this should be implemented into the server?

• Yes, I like this idea.
    • No, I am against this idea.

[mheader]Script Suggestion[/mheader]What would be the name of the script?

Advanced FOV Support

What kind of script(s) are you suggesting?

General

Has said suggestion been seen on other servers before?

No

What is the suggestion?

So I went to check the video settings in MTA and was super pumped to see that the MTA devs have decided to add a FOV adjuster. Now to anyone with triple screen setups this can be a very crucial setting to have if triple monitor support, and utilization is very poor for a game. GTA:SA being a decade old, obviously wasn't designed to run on three screen.Right now the FOV is big help for triple monitor gaming on MTA, although it is not perfect as it still feels somewhat zoomed in, and unnatural. It cuts about half of your torso off. The current MTA max limit that you can set is 90. But I believe if we could get the FOV to go up to 120 we would be able to have completely satisfying MTA gameplay on 3 screens.OwlGaming devs being one of the best coders in the MTA community may be able to script a FOV code so we could adjust the FOV to 120? Although this may not be a priority, or needed to most community members, some of us though would be greatly appreciative of an advanced FOV script, and would value it completely. As of now the current FOV is helpful, but not completely playable.Even if you don't benefit from this being a single monitor player, other people would.

What are the advantages and disadvantages of this script towards the server/gameplay?

- Triple Screen Support

Do you have any resources to support our scripters in making said suggestion?

No, but I believe the MTA Wiki may have some functions and shit for this.

How would you go about implementing this idea?

Implement it whenever a chance is given.Current look with the new FOV MTA setting at 90.
N0vCziB.jpg