Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Exp93

[New Rule] - Prohibit /ed's saying number plate or VIN is not visible

Do you think this should be implemented?  

13 members have voted

1. 1. Do you think this should be implemented?

[mheader]Discussion of Rules[/mheader]Name of current rule or new rule you are suggesting

Prohibit /ed's saying number plate or VIN is not visible

Why is this of concern?

People may abuse this to circumvent the requirement of asking an admin to toggle the plate/VIN.

Purpose of discussion

New Rule

Provide a detailed elaboration of your discussion

I believe that such /ed's should be disallowed because it can screw up RP, as if you don't take the opportunity to, or in some cases may not even be able to - read the /ed of a vehicle it will make the course of RP change rapidly.Take for example speed cameras, they will record the plates (and may do regardless of the plate is toggled?) the point being is that in this situation, and for example during a PD chase, you won't get the opportunity to read the /ed if you're trying to give a plate.Considering the script allows them to actually be disabled, I don't believe such /ed should be allowed.

Not in my experience, or if it is it generally doesn't get enforced.
Can't find it anywhere but I do remember seeing a lot of announcements a few months ago, saying that you're not allowed to hide your plates that way. I also vaguely remember that an admin came to tell someone I was RPing with to remove it from his /ed

Well in general /ed shouldn't be allowed to be edited by players. Only VCT members can edit such things. For example... I'm tired of seeing non realistic eds such as '' This car would be pushing 800hp" and the car is stock af.

Could easily bet set for a supporter or admin to maybe /togvin an vehicle or such. Which then removes the VIN: ID, and Plate line that is always visible. That way admins can review RP to ensure it's actually legit RPd and not someone just doing it for sake of doing it.

Agreed.Something else that needs removing is stupid /eds that explain what INSIDE the car like what fucking brake-pads and turbo chargers they have installed and how much power it has. I CAN'T SEE THAT so why is it in the description. It's like having in /look "Has his appendix removed" or "Has cancer growing on his pancreas"edit: I just saw one that listed the cars fuel economy....

We already have the commands via admins to toggle on and off Plates and VIN's. So Yes, the rule should be if they're toggled on still, they have to be RP'd as being there. If you take them off, get an admin to approve and do it script-wise.

Thanks for tagging me [MENTION=38]Express[/MENTION]I am personally of the mindset that people should not need admins to RP. Thus, if someone RPd it, and can provide logs to back it up, a /ed with the plate obscured should be allowed. A VIN isn't visible in any case, at least not at a glance so I don't find that much of a concern.As long as it was RPd PROPERLY and there was at least an attempt made at making an admin report to remove them, I honestly don't see the issue. Now, someone doing /ed and abusing it and PGing, sure, that's a no, obviously, but we all know just how inactive the admin team is in doing reports at peak hours. If someone had to go and do a CK, and they were later on caught and CKd with life in prison for said murder, I would really find it unfortunate that the whole situation was caused by something as simple as them not being able to obscure their license plate because they needed an admin.

It won't be thrown in a rule, but you're allowed to ignore these /ed's. Players won't be punished for doing it, but it shouldn't be a permanent thing. If your plate is permanently taken off or damaged, just get an admin to /togplate.

Guest Ariana
Why? This would be another OOC limitation. Let people do it. It's illegal, anyways. Any police officer could pull you up and give you a ticket for that.
Yeh but people QQ and report for MGing when people read their plates while they have that it is obscured in their /ed

Why? This would be another OOC limitation. Let people do it. It's illegal, anyways. Any police officer could pull you up and give you a ticket for that.
I meant /ed's such as:
Plate is taken offPlate sprayed overPlate rusty and not readable
If, for example it's mud and has been RP'd as mud all along the way (by for example applying it yourself, or driving off road for a while), sure, go ahead.Anything permanent should be done with /togplate.

I meant /ed's such as:If, for example it's mud and has been RP'd as mud all along the way (by for example applying it yourself, or driving off road for a while), sure, go ahead.Anything permanent should be done with /togplate.
Yeah well that's powergaming so it's already a rule.