Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Matey

[General] - Allow players to have their age under 16 again.

Do you think this should be implemented into the server?  

37 members have voted

1. 1. Do you think this should be implemented into the server?

• Yes, I like this idea.
    • No, I am against this idea.

[mheader]Script Suggestion[/mheader]What would be the name of the script?

Allow players to have their age under 16 again.

What kind of script(s) are you suggesting?

General

Has said suggestion been seen on other servers before?

Yes

What is the suggestion?

Back in the days you were able to have your character's age set under 16 through the UCP or IG report, bring the system back, simple as that. As far as I know we're a serious and mature community, why do you restrict players from RPing as they desire? For example, my brother [MENTION=86]RobDogg[/MENTION] made a character to RP as [MENTION=297]ThugKiD[/MENTION]'s sister, but for some blatant reason, /setage doesn't allow under 16, you restrict us from RPing and that is wrong.

What are the advantages and disadvantages of this script towards the server/gameplay?

You can RP as a teenager, toddler/child.No disadvantages, don't come up with shit comments such as pedophilia and such, you can refuse rape simple as that.

Do you have any resources to support our scripters in making said suggestion?

It's vG's script, so I believe you still have it.

How would you go about implementing this idea?

I wouldn't be forced to do a /status about my character's age.

As far as I know we're a serious and mature community,
I wish this was a serious and mature community - if that was actually the case I would probably be in favor.

An admin said I'm a troll and he won't set my age to 15 because of that. You got to be kidding me. That was just an excuse to restrict my borders of RP, but I found another way around to RP as a 15 y/o.If 5 persons out of 150 troll, does't mean that you have to fuck us over. Let us RP what we want. I fully support this.

Eww... but I thought the rule allowing to play as kids was brought back? wtf... Support anyway.

You're allowed to RP <18 if you request a set age by a admin as far as I'm aware.
Only lead admins can set ages below 16 and they never respond to age set requests.

1. Where's the fun in roleplaying a child in a game where there's nothing a child could actually do? There's no casual people or middle class families. You're either a cop, a gangster, or a fucking business tycoon. Sometimes you're a mix of all of those.2. Every child roleplayer I've seen would have been more successful roleplaying a downs syndrome character. You've all been a child at some point in your life so why are you so shit at acting like one? Fuck some of you are even roleplaying your real age and you act like you're 6.3. All I've ever seen it attract is pedophilia roleplay and sorry but I wouldn't welcome anyone that would want to roleplay that, rape, necrophilia, bestiality or any other disgusting sexual act in a community of mine.4. It's also used as a get out of jail free card cause there's no juvenile detention center.

1. Where's the fun in roleplaying a child in a game where there's nothing a child could actually do? There's no casual people or middle class families. You're either a cop, a gangster, or a fucking business tycoon. Sometimes you're a mix of all of those.2. Every child roleplayer I've seen would have been more successful roleplaying a downs syndrome character. You've all been a child at some point in your life so why are you so shit at acting like one? Fuck some of you are even roleplaying your real age and you act like you're 6.3. All I've ever seen it attract is pedophilia roleplay and sorry but I wouldn't welcome anyone that would want to roleplay that, rape, necrophilia, bestiality or any other disgusting sexual act in a community of mine.4. It's also used as a get out of jail free card cause there's no juvenile detention center.
All these rules were discussed by admin team already. If I understood right, there were special restrictions on 'gangsta' and 'pedophelia' roleplays (hence, as it turns out, that's why lead admins required for that). As for low roleplaying skills of some people... Not gonna judge but you know, roleplaying kid isn't same as roleplaying an adult, plus we all have to start with something. Just because you (and some others) think someone has low roleplaying skill, doesn't mean whole branch of RP should be restricted, imo...Oh and, as for the fact there's nothing a kid could do... I'd lleeave that for people who's gonna roleplay as kids. And yes, exactly because you are cop\medic\criminal\racer\businessman I think we should be allowed to play as kids. At least something else besides these 5 professions?

[MENTION=17647]Adams[/MENTION] as a child you can still have fun if you've some friends RPing underage with you, a lot of passive RP and fun, we've had a blast yesterday, I was RPing as [MENTION=86]RobDogg[/MENTION] and [MENTION=297]ThugKiD[/MENTION]'s aunt when the cops picked them up because they didn't have a guardian, much love [MENTION=10704]Kermit[/MENTION] xD

Guest AirG
[MENTION=17647]Adams[/MENTION] as a child you can still have fun if you've some friends RPing underage with you, a lot of passive RP and fun, we've had a blast yesterday, I was RPing as [MENTION=86]RobDogg[/MENTION] and [MENTION=297]ThugKiD[/MENTION]'s aunt when the cops picked them up because they didn't have a guardian, much love [MENTION=10704]Kermit[/MENTION] xD
All my character wanted was to get high on the beach and listen to old-school rap on his brand new "Beats" headphones.But [MENTION=10704]Kermit[/MENTION] had some other plans for us :D

I don't see the point in the script restriction. Cause whoever I saw wanting to RP under 16, set their age to 16 and /status'd "Would appear to be around 12-14 years of age". It would be much easier if an administrator could /setage (without the restriction of just 16+), at least.

Why are none of these kids ever in school
...because there's no school in LS? lol.From all educational buildings in SA, there's only 'library' and 'LV college' buildings in MTA model list. Don't ask me how do people of San Andreas apply to college if whole state doesn't have school (or how did Ryder beat his teacher for wearing ballas colors and been dealing drugs there), lol.But back to topic - I'm pretty sure if we had school, majority of these kids would've hanged around this building.

...because there's no school in LS? lol.From all educational buildings in SA, there's only 'library' and 'LV college' buildings in MTA model list. Don't ask me how do people of San Andreas apply to college if whole state doesn't have school (or how did Ryder beat his teacher for wearing ballas colors and been dealing drugs there), lol.But back to topic - I'm pretty sure if we had school, majority of these kids would've hanged around this building.
I'm pretty sure some people are working on an High School custom interior, last time I had a look it seemed pretty brilliant.