Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Belgica

Personal Maps, May 2015

OwlGaming.png

Personal Maps

Hi,As you are all aware certain maps will be removed from the server. This is due to the exaggerated modifications properties such as farms have received, loosing their original purpose.However, we wish to play the game fair and refund all removed properties. We will not ask you to pay GameCoins, nor will we ask any reasoning to be given for the refund. You paid for a property and will loose it, you deserve to be compensated.What will you have to provide?
  • The interior ID's of the concerned properties;
  • Character name
  • A screenshot of the location;
  • Any additional payments executed for the implementation of the map (IC or OOC currency).
Will I be refunded GC's for the custom interiors?Yes. Once you've been refunded the exterior map, the interior costs will be refunded as well. This will be 500GC's per custom interior.Will all exterior maps be removed?No. The following types of maps will be allowed:
  • Faction mapping (ex. Rapid Towing)
  • Bug-fixing mapping (ex. Big Smokes Crack House in East LS)
  • Maps in the interest of the community as a whole (ex. Gas Stations in Rodeo, Market and PC)
  • Large projects, involving larger amounts of players (ex. Vinewood Gardens)

I will review all the personal mapping settlements made in the last week and you will be notified of what to do next. It is possible a limited amount of maps will be allowed to remain in the server, as some maps have become one with how the server looks by now and as they do not create an exaggerate additional value to the property.No maps will be removed without having its owner refunded.Kind regards,-OwlGaming Community-OwlGaming Upper Administration

Bye bye ranch..
I know right? I am sad to see my ranch going so soo ntoo... So annoying that my nice little Ranch with a farm field is being removed... Rest in Peace Flint County Ranch... Atleast I had the opportunity to live in it for a month that I got to own it before it got deleted...

RIP Construction RP.
As mentioned, the goal is not to kill the construction industry.Although the amount of maps will be diminished, gates will also require a decent amount of logs, from now on. Additionally, we can also consider requiring maintenance for custom maps. More options are always welcome!Bulldog Construction survived and worked with over 20 members, while the maps were extremely limited! And they did more than surviving, they flourished.

So are we allowed to use generics to add fences around our houses and stuff again?
The rules state, for a long time already now, that limited amounts of generic items are allowed.
2) Generic items

All legally obtainable generics must be purchased IC'ly via the official faction providing this service. Only generics which have an illegal use and thus the purchase would not be registered or taxed, may be spawned by the administration or supporter teams.Placing generics is restricted to what is realistic.
Placing a high amount of interior items in the exterior world is not allowed. Those items will be removed if noticed by a staff member.
Big generics, such as houses, sheds or similar structures are to be considered mapping. You are not allowed to place larger structures without the consent of the administration team. An official request must be filed, a PM will not suffice. If such an item, which was approved by the administration team, happens to be deleted, the item will be refunded and immediately placed on the same location.

Hmm, kinda' odd considering that people are complaining to first remove some mapping due to the lag.. then when that happens, people moan about it getting deleted.. wut.
Really, if a player has bad hardware it should be his problem, and his problem only. To everybody else the loss of custom mapping is a huge minus, though the /gate stuff went completely overboard. Mapping team should have figured out smart rules on this, so they should have not made these too quick decisions that will cause a large havoc. And another thing is that this happens always in OG. Implement something, people cry cause of it. Then remove it, even larger QQ wave slapping straight on your face.

Really, if a player has bad hardware it should be his problem, and his problem only. To everybody else the loss of custom mapping is a huge minus, though the /gate stuff went completely overboard. Mapping team should have figured out smart rules on this, so they should have not made these too quick decisions that will cause a large havoc. And another thing is that this happens always in OG. Implement something, people cry cause of it. Then remove it, even larger QQ wave slapping straight on your face.
Agreed, but you have to admit that some mapping were inactive, but the other active mappings shouldn't be removed.IDK, not my decision. :P

Maps which do provide a decent share of roleplay to the community, or a large group of players will remain in the server. Not all the maps will be wiped.Something we do not want to do, is make sure people with bad hardware are unable to join our community. It's a matter of finding a good balance.