Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

blackasian

[General] - Manual gears!

Do you think this should be implemented into the server?  

38 members have voted

1. 1. Do you think this should be implemented into the server?

• Yes, I like this idea.
    • No, I am against this idea.

[mheader]Script Suggestion[/mheader]What would be the name of the script?

Manual gears!

What kind of script(s) are you suggesting?

General

Has said suggestion been seen on other servers before?

No

What is the suggestion?

Currently all cars have a set accelleration and top speed. In real a good racer in a shitty car can win from a noob in a fast car. In Owlgaming that's impossible; better car? You win. With a gearbox script just holding "W" wouldn't be sufficient. This gives career racers a chance if they just have a shitty car.Shifting should be done with + and - or something.Would work best with a RPM clock.

What are the advantages and disadvantages of this script towards the server/gameplay?

Advantages: driving more skill instead of stat based.More fun (I think)Disadvantages: Hard to script. New mechanic for everyone to learn.

Do you have any resources to support our scripters in making said suggestion?

No, I'm sorry.

How would you go about implementing this idea?

Announce it > Implement it > Watch good people in shitty cars actually be better then rich noobs in fast cars.

No.EDIT + & - is used for auto driving.
Then pick two other buttons, these were just a suggestion.
Why is OwlGaming all about racing and fast as fuck/tuned cars? I like the idea though,so sure!
I know right, that's why I never drive cars but current mechanics are just unrealistic :)

If OG makes shitty cars able to win from a better car maybe people will focus less on driving the best car and maybe they start driving normal cars.
How about you just own a car and open your eyes and notice there's more to the game than just driving full speed and drifting?

How about you just own a car and open your eyes and notice there's more to the game than just driving full speed and drifting?
Don't ask me, I am simply suggesting that if gears are added fast cars won't have the advantage all the time. I also think OG should be less about cars but instead of complaining in a suggestions thread I am actually trying to make a change.

I don't know, feels like 90% of oG is about cars.
How about you make something that isn't about cars. Go script a computer with games on it so you can play games within a game... Maybe make a muscle system where muscle heads can go workout all day... Maybe make a farming system so us people who want to Roleplay as a Farmer can go do that... Until then stop complaining about most of the Roleplay being around cars.

How would you go about implementing this idea?

Announce it > Implement it > Watch good people in shitty cars actually be better then rich noobs in fast cars.

That's what you think, line your car up with mine, manual transmission or not, I will still smoke you.

How about you make something that isn't about cars. Go script a computer with games on it so you can play games within a game... Maybe make a muscle system where muscle heads can go workout all day... Maybe make a farming system so us people who want to Roleplay as a Farmer can go do that... Until then stop complaining about most of the Roleplay being around cars.
It's my opinion and im sticking to it, i couldn't care less about how you feel about my opinion.

Back in time someone already brought this idea. I think [MENTION=1622]Koguchi[/MENTION]. But saying in advance - chances on that idea to be accepted are kinda low, imo. Last time this suggestion was discussed we had dem WAR!!11 where part of people wanted to stick only to vanilla MTA automatic transmission. Still, nice idea.Oh, and + and - keys are closer to cruise control than to manual transmission, lol.

I did suggest this a while ago, suggesting to base it upon a script which was in progress by a MTA community member.It was a really nice script and worked very well but considering the fact that everything car related is hated upon by some children in this community, I don't see this happening. Scripters would have to spend an hour, or maybe even multiple to implement it! The misery...

There is if you are actually into it, and you got some knowledge what is going on in the scene in-game :)Neutral on this. It was once done on another server, but I really didn't like the way it worked. If it can be made without bugs, will do!

heh gta doesnt really have many gears if you listen closely. a option to go into neutral would be cool tho.
I believe that can be changed, I remember playing around with a handling editor and I could set the amount of gears.I like the idea, but it's really hard to make something like this work well. People will like it but a week later will complain about the amount of bugs, and want it removed..

Yeah, this shall be implemented, not just for racers, and for regular cars - vehicles at all-...It will be more fun and much more realistic insteead just holding " W " button tho'.

GTA SA doesn't have any ''gears'' by default.It's just a sound which it plays a certain amount of times, only slightly lower in sound.The gears in the handling editor just sets the amount of times it repeats that sound.It isn't like GTA 5 where you'll be able to mod a proper manual with ease. This would need alot of scripting done like to have a realisticly functioning manual gearbox, something which was done by an MTA community member, which I tested and loved:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DxNHwmm0HFs