Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

MrPinkPanda

[Faction] - Racing System & Curb Mod

Do you think this should be implemented into the server?  

35 members have voted

1. 1. Do you think this should be implemented into the server?

• Yes, I like this idea.
    • No, I am against this idea.

[mheader]Script Suggestion[/mheader]What would be the name of the script?

Racing System & Curb Mod

What kind of script(s) are you suggesting?

Faction

Has said suggestion been seen on other servers before?

Yes

What is the suggestion?

Basically, [MENTION=1293]BrukONE[/MENTION] made a script for me that acts as a lap counter, which would amazingly help us to do events since the lap counting is basically a pain in the rear. Also with the racing script we would have a curb mod, which adds a set of curb objects in-game, which would ease the build of racetracks in-game, and would make them look a lot more realistic. It is really hard to do any kind of a good racetrack in game at the moment, since none of the objects can provide you round edges on corners. Note : I mean the objects, not the whole map. So look at the red / white things on the ground.
f4428d4d35.jpg

What are the advantages and disadvantages of this script towards the server/gameplay?

Curbs :+ More Immersion+ Better Racetracks for players to run+ More fun in events+ Looks smarter than a stack of barriers- Custom item model- Needs to replace some useless modlesRacing Script:+ Makes SACMA's work a lot easier+ Racing comes better+ No QQ in our events ( I was before you stuff )

Do you have any resources to support our scripters in making said suggestion?

I have the script that [MENTION=1293]BrukONE[/MENTION] made for me, and the other one was made by [MENTION=17647]Adams[/MENTION] originally. Both of the scripts need to be modified slightly.

How would you go about implementing this idea?

Only small changes to the scripts, and the curb models has to be set to different items. I don't see anything else that would need to be done really.

Guest Ariana

I'd rather not. This is supposed to be an RP server yet 60% of the server treat it as a racing server this only fuels them.

I'd rather not. This is supposed to be an RP server yet 60% of the server treat it as a racing server this only fuels them.
Yes.

Why would you limit something that people enjoy? And to add, this has been on the server already once.
I still refer to this. Why limit things when people love 'em? Should we say no to PD or criminal roleplay as well? There is too much of it going on? [MENTION=1762]Tseard[/MENTION]

I am not saying no to any role play. Counting can be easily done with a pen and a paper. Or even via a word pad in your pc. Making those objects, meh, I've saw objects who are currently in game which do those things aswell. I see more people wanting to do race or fast and the furious RP. They combine it either with cop or criminal rp.

Seriously, wtf. Part of people complains sacma is inactive, but when panda throws suggestion about making faction active and make it even better, suddenly everyone says NO. I mean seriously...

We have been actively building up a large legal racing scene in the state, along with helping various citizens by consulting them in the sport.
Technically, what this faction supposed to do, is racing! So dunno really, in my eyes saying no is similar to taking away water from a thirsty man in a hot day, lol...not even mentioning the script is already prepared and just needs to be uploaded.

Seriously, wtf. Part of people complains sacma is inactive, but when panda throws suggestion about making faction active and make it even better, suddenly everyone says NO. I mean seriously... Technically, what this faction supposed to do, is racing! So dunno really, in my eyes saying no is similar to taking away water from a man in a hot day, lol
Expand your bussiness.

SACMA has become a faction, and they do need this to keep it active. Otherwise it'll just end up dying.I thought factions had the need to have scripts to support them, you should support it as well.But yeah [MENTION=55]MrPinkPanda[/MENTION] , the scripters would need to finish the script, wasn't 100% done.

Seriously, wtf. Part of people complains sacma is inactive, but when panda throws suggestion about making faction active and make it even better, suddenly everyone says NO. I mean seriously... Technically, what this faction supposed to do, is racing! So dunno really, in my eyes saying no is similar to taking away water from a thirsty man in a hot day, lol...not even mentioning the script is already prepared and just needs to be uploaded.
Exactly. I don't see who this would particularly hurt? People have been begging me to organize something, but the pen and paper method has been proven to be faulty every single time it has been used. I just want to give people here something smart to do with cars than speed in Idlewood, acting all 2F2F.

I believe the racing scene has been supported more than enough already. Development should be focused on other areas of RP, allowing other people to enjoy their type of RP as well.
I don't really see anything large done to the racing scene in the past six months to be honest. Nothing new has been implemented. Only thing I have been requesting is those racecars, but that's almost it. Even my Karting centre was arranged by myself, which has nothing to do with support.

I am not saying no to any role play. Counting can be easily done with a pen and a paper. Or even via a word pad in your pc. Making those objects, meh, I've saw objects who are currently in game which do those things aswell. I see more people wanting to do race or fast and the furious RP. They combine it either with cop or criminal rp.
I'd love to see you acting as a lap counter when there's 16 guys going 'round a short track. I'd be laughing my ass off while you're crying from misery.
I believe the racing scene has been supported more than enough already. Development should be focused on other areas of RP, allowing other people to enjoy their type of RP as well.
What development is needed for this suggestion?The lap counter is provided by [MENTION=1293]BrukONE[/MENTION] , MrPinkPanda has the curbs and all that's needed is copying the system PD/FD/RT uses for roadblocks and changing some names and ID's.That's really a bullshit argument from you dude.

Well, if script is already ready, then why not? I know server has too many things for cars and the server even turned into a car show server, but SACMA is a faction and they have rights to have scripts for their factions. If the script wasn't made, I'd say no for this as it'd need time for scripting it and so but the script is already ready, and only thing is to upload it. Then what's wrong? As [MENTION=1622]Koguchi[/MENTION] said, try to rp a lap counter....

I'd love to see you acting as a lap counter when there's 16 guys going 'round a short track. I'd be laughing my ass off while you're crying from misery.What development is needed for this suggestion?The lap counter is provided by [MENTION=1293]BrukONE[/MENTION] , MrPinkPanda has the curbs and all that's needed is copying the system PD/FD/RT uses for roadblocks and changing some names and ID's.That's really a bullshit argument from you dude.
Unfortunatly you will never see me as a lap counter. I won't do things where I do not have any relation with.

Unfortunatly you will never see me as a lap counter. I won't do things where I do not have any relation with.
...Then sorry mate, but you are discussing things you have no any clue about. Gucci is completely right at this thing. Making more or less 'proper' races (not talking of drag races tho) is only possible with script (hence, why I am supporting this suggestion). Disagree? Well, I used to hear IRL there's stuff called 'photofinish' or whatnot, for judges who announce winner at various race types, like steeplechase (that ride race on horses), 100 meter runs and many others. I'm pretty sure there's stuff like that develloped for the car racing aswell. And don't you forget MTA has laggy synchronisation and terrible FPS issues, so judging race with 'pen and paper', as you claim, would be about twice as hard as it is IRL.

...Then sorry mate, but you are discussing things you have no any clue about. Gucci is completely right at this thing. Making more or less 'proper' races (not talking of drag races tho) is only possible with script (hence, why I am supporting this suggestion). Disagree? Well, I used to hear IRL there's stuff called 'photofinish' or whatnot, for judges who announce winner at various race types, like steeplechase (that ride race on horses), 100 meter runs and many others. I'm pretty sure there's stuff like that develloped for the car racing aswell. And don't you forget MTA has laggy synchronisation and terrible FPS issues, so judging race with 'pen and paper', as you claim, would be about twice as hard as it is IRL.
One magical word. Transponder. That is the photofinnish of racing.We had a race today with pen and paper technique. I will tell you lads, it was plain horrible.

Guest Chase

Racing is apart of real life, and while I'm not voting yes to making vehicles more centralized, trying to rationalize saying no because of it would be wrong.

Racing is apart of real life, and while I'm not voting yes to making vehicles more centralized, trying to rationalize saying no because of it would be wrong.
I really don't know did that comment make sense at all. Racing is apart of real life.. Eh', what?

Guest Chase
I really don't know did that comment make sense at all. Racing is apart of real life.. Eh', what?
It happens in real life; it's apart of society.

Myself i think this is an amazing idea and would help alot with keeping SACMA active and would also give the Environment a huge boost when cars are going around the track so personally i think its awesome.