Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Platinum

[General] - Advanced DMV questions

Do you think this should be implemented into the server?  

20 members have voted

1. 1. Do you think this should be implemented into the server?

• Yes, I like this idea.
    • No, I am against this idea.

[mheader]Script Suggestion[/mheader]What would be the name of the script?

Advanced DMV questions

What kind of script(s) are you suggesting?

General

Has said suggestion been seen on other servers before?

No

What is the suggestion?

I think that the questions should be a bit more advanced then they currently are. Right now, it's quite easy.Question 1: When arriving at a four way stop, which vehicle goes first?Wrong: The biggest carCorrect: First to arriveWrong: The last to arrive.Question 2: When driving in fog, you should use your:Wrong: Fog lights onlyWrong: High beamsCorrect: Low beamsQuestion 3: Unless otherwise posted the speed limit in a residential area is?:Wrong: 20 mphCorrect: 25 mphWrong: 30 mphQuestion 4: When parking your vehicle & no available parking is available, you must properly park your vehicle on the sidewalk how?:Wrong: All four wheels on the sidewalkWrong: Both back tires on and front offCorrect: Two wheels on the road and two wheels on the road.Question 5: Roadways are the most slipper:Correct: The first rain after a dry spellWrong: During a heavy downpourWrong: After it has been raining for a while

What are the advantages and disadvantages of this script towards the server/gameplay?

+ More advanced questions+ More fitting to the server- Some people may not already understand and this will push them down deeper.

Do you have any resources to support our scripters in making said suggestion?

I can change up the script, if provided. Other than that, no.

How would you go about implementing this idea?

---

I suggested this once already, saying we should incorporate the DMV questions from GTA 5. It got declined.

1.When is it permissible to run a red light?A.Never. It's illegal.B.When there are no police around.C.When you're late for an audition or you woke up after a blackout.D.When you are convinced that the minority in the other car is going to murder you for no apparent reason apart from the fact they are probably foreign.2.The correct driving position is:A.Seat in an upright position, with one hand gripping the steering wheel at 6 o'clock.B.Slumped down below window level with the seat fully reclined, smoking a massive fatty, for medical purposes.C.One hand down your pants, the other sexting, with the seat pushed forward so you can steer with your knees.D.Tearing down the freeway at 100mph while applying make-up, drinking a 40oz Bean Machine Gunkaccino and updating your Lifeinvader status.3.When getting serviced orally by a girl while driving, the correct course of action is:A.Blast an 80's rock power ballad to get her in the mood.B.Look for potholes to increase her pleasure.C.Take camera phone pics.D.Be sure to wrap your seatbelt around her head for safety.4.How much gin and juice can you safely consume while operating a vehicle:A.None. Even a small amount of alcohol can impair your driving abilities.B.1-2 Drinks.C.Who cares? You'll rarely get above 5mph in Los Santos anyway.D.I'm in recovery. I'm an addict. I have a sobriety chip. I'm the annoying sober person.5.What is an important safety tip when backing up:A.Honk the horn a few timesB.Push back slowly and purr "You like that don't you?" Then pound hard.C.Turn up the radio.D.Start backing up and ask your passenger, "I'm cool, right?"6.Who has the right of way when four cars approach a four way stop:A.I do.B.The car with the racist bumper stickers.C.The person on your right.D.Never stop at a sign. It makes you look like a tourist.7.When stopping to pick up a prostitute:A.Always leave the car running in case shit gets real.B.Pick a station that is soft and romantic to set the vibe.C.Put your wallet under the seat in case she tries to roll you.D.All of the above.8.You come over a hill and are the first person on scene of an accident. People are hurt. You should:A.Save any hot college girls as they will be indebted to you sexually.B.Search the area for loose change that discharged with the cars rolled.C.Post some pics on Bleeter with hash tags #ThisDoodIsDying.D.Leave the area quickly, let law enforcement sort it out. You don't need the hassle of other human beings' suffering.9.You are driving outside the city on rural roads and your car breaks down:A.You are fucked.B.Tell anyone that stops that you are diseased.C.Start running. Don't look back.D.All of the above.10.When stopped in traffic:A.Use soda bottles to urinate in.B.Weave in and out of traffic as much as possible.C.Send out Bleets about how bad traffic is - You are really important.D.Maintain calm. You will get there eventually. Then jump out and murder the person who just cut you off.

The license system is so old, it needs a changing and it needs questions that are more like real life.
Does it butthurt you to have an ''old'' system? And this is a gaming community, not real life. Also, why don't we focus on something that deserves the attention and the work?

The license system is so old, it needs a changing and it needs questions that are more like real life.
I support this-. It's more realistic to have this in our server, we're unique, we don't have to have the same questions as other servers. Plus when individuals want to receive their licenses they will actually have to think to obtain their license instead of just clicking the ones that they know are correct from other Low-RP servers.[EDIT] - Maybe looking up the questions that you'll need to know of an Online Manual for those certain licenses. This will increase how many questions we can have, plus it will be more RP for the server

Does it butthurt you to have an ''old'' system? And this is a gaming community, not real life. Also, why don't we focus on something that deserves the attention and the work?
Like I said, I can edit the script myself... It's so simple, a scripter isn't needed. I'm not butthurt, I just feel it'd be nice to update it.

If you like real-life so much, go and life your life as I said before. People who are playing this game aren't 18 y/o people and some of them may not understand those questions. I'd rather you didn't add this. Current system is good for beginners. (It was even hard for me when I was new here. I started roleplaying here and this system is quite good for beginners.)Regards.

I kind-of support this but on ONE condition:As an addition to script, we should have item 'driving manual' (book). It'd cost about 10-20$, to be sold at every 24\7 shop and explain all the questions from exam. Cause it's rather odd to study everything by googling for the right questions. (Basically, I'm just repeating S1Dead word in word)p.s. oh, and btw, I've met questions from DMV on various sites about driving exams, which makes me think these questions are not-so unreallistic, just easiest questions from some book...

"more like real life"?Dude all those questions are actually from real life driving school theory test sample papers.

I didn't mean... 'real'.. I just meant more 'advanced'. The questions we have now are too easy. "What lane do we drive in?" Well Jesus! Who knows! Not like we're in America! Even if you're from anther country (u kno' we backwards to u most likely!)

I totally support this, just exactly as [MENTION=8329]S1Dead[/MENTION] posted, the rest who don't support, just don't reply with worthless posts.

I totally support this, just exactly as @S1Dead posted, the rest who don't support, just don't reply with worthless posts.
Well.. people that don't support it should be able to post their concerns, but what you should be saying, is people that blantantly say:"NO IT SUCKS" shouldn't be able to post.But whateves +support.

[MENTION=3112]doo2doo2[/MENTION], [MENTION=60293]Gregory[/MENTION], [MENTION=1112]Guntars1[/MENTION] - I don't think you've posted on the thread yet, may I ask your reason for no?
As the quantitative questions currently are not ones where the answers are agreed on... Googling them gives you a different answer than the one here... So unless there would be some kind of a driving guide containing the answers, I don'tthink it sshouldbe made more complex.

If you like real-life so much, go and life your life as I said before. People who are playing this game aren't 18 y/o people and some of them may not understand those questions. I'd rather you didn't add this. Current system is good for beginners. (It was even hard for me when I was new here. I started roleplaying here and this system is quite good for beginners.)Regards.
Mate, I'm young and I can easily get those questions right in a blink of an eye.Plus, the currently implemented questions on the license test AND the ones stated on this suggestion are simply common sense. I don't see it hurting anyone.And, as [MENTION=84]Rockey[/MENTION] said, a scripter isn't even needed for this. It's just simply editing the existent script which is easy.

Mate, I'm young and I can easily get those questions right in a blink of an eye.Plus, the currently implemented questions on the license test AND the ones stated on this suggestion are simply common sense. I don't see it hurting anyone.And, as @Rockey said, a scripter isn't even needed for this. It's just simply editing the existent script which is easy.
Unnecessary.

You're the butturt here, just let the others take care of this. We must evolve, not stay old. meh