Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Aiden2001

[General] - Court by Request

Do you think this should be implemented into the server?  

2 members have voted

1. 1. Do you think this should be implemented into the server?

• Yes, I like this idea.
    • No, I am against this idea.

[mheader]Script Suggestion[/mheader]What would be the name of the script?

Court by Request

What kind of script(s) are you suggesting?

General

Has said suggestion been seen on other servers before?

No

What is the suggestion?

If a player is arrested for a felony offence, they should be able to send a request to administrator to have their character CKd, or /selfck with the arresting officers acknowledgement that they're planning to defend their innocents in a court of law on the forums.The suspect who is facing a felony charge would then head to the forums, and fill out defense form. If the judge accepts, they will begin the trial, and if the suspect is found guilty, they will request to have an admin /unck them then the admin would pd jail them for the time given by the judge, or arresting officer.If the player decides they're going to back out on their side, and never get their character unck'd to be IC jailed then they lose all of their progress on their character.

What are the advantages and disadvantages of this script towards the server/gameplay?

+- Brings advanced roleplay into the picture at request.- Court systems will see an influx of more active roleplay.-- Players may choose to never unck their character to server IC sentence (But they lose all progress on character)

Do you have any resources to support our scripters in making said suggestion?

No.

How would you go about implementing this idea?

Makes rules, trial run.

Police are already required to ask OOCly if you want a trial or not. They should know what to do if you request one. On a side note, we sadly don't get much RP out of the Courts faction. Its a job more than anything else. Since its very hard to organize in-game court cases.

Police are already required to ask OOCly if you want a trial or not. They should know what to do if you request one. On a side note, we sadly don't get much RP out of the Courts faction. Its a job more than anything else. Since its very hard to organize in-game court cases.
Whenever I was arrested, I never had this opportunity given to me, or even asked me if I wanted a trial :hot:Didn't know it was already possible.

Whenever I was arrested, I never had this opportunity given to me, or even asked me if I wanted a trial :hot:Didn't know it was already possible.
They're required too and have been for months. You can appeal that they never gave you due process and the court will release you.

Already served my time, pointless now.
You should consult a lawyer to file a civil case tho ^^