Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Strickland

Report a stolen vehicle hotline - discussion

Police Employee [Cellphone]: What is the VIN of the vehicle you would like to report stolen?You [Cellphone]: ******Police Employee [Cellphone]: Thank you, we have marked that vehicle stolen.I do not feel like this is the right way to have this hotline working. Add several other questions like, otherwise it is pointless:Police Employee [Cellphone]: What is the color and the model of the vehicle?Police Employee [Cellphone]: What is the plate of the vehicle?Police Employee [Cellphone]: Where have you seen the vehicle for last?Police Employee [Cellphone]: When have you seen the vehicle for last?What would the community say?

It only asks for the VIN, because script-wise it shows up on LEO radar. When someone is driving, and it's been reported stolen, any member of the LSPD or SAHP on duty will see, "Stolen vehicle" on their mini map. It is a bit cheap, but that's why they don't ask a million questions.EDIT: I'M WRONG! DISREGARD WHAT I SAID

It only asks for the VIN, because script-wise it shows up on LEO radar. When someone is driving, and it's been reported stolen, any member of the LSPD or SAHP on duty will see, "Stolen vehicle" on their mini map. It is a bit cheap, but that's why they don't ask a million questions.
Pretty sure it doesn't work like that, no. It works as it logs the vehicle as "stolen" on the MDC system, nothing comes up on the radar.

It only asks for the VIN, because script-wise it shows up on LEO radar. When someone is driving, and it's been reported stolen, any member of the LSPD or SAHP on duty will see, "Stolen vehicle" on their mini map. It is a bit cheap, but that's why they don't ask a million questions.EDIT: I'M WRONG! DISREGARD WHAT I SAID
ayy lmao u drunk vin?

Actually this will increase the roleplay, considering that you can change the paint, the plates and so on of the vehicle. Not like just putting a ''stolen'' mark on the vehicle in the MDC.

Actually this will increase the roleplay, considering that you can change the paint, the plates and so on of the vehicle. Not like just putting a ''stolen'' mark on the vehicle in the MDC.
The VIN has nothing to do with the plate; it's manufacturer-side and unless you have ins on the industry you probably won't be able to find/remove it. To give you a idea, despite the plates being changed/removed, they still where able to find the VIN of the car used in the 1997 WTC bombings despite the car being blown to hell.The reason it asks for VIN is because it's both the OOC identifier and the IC identifier to police; the VIN when we look it up on the MDC makes it flagged as stolen.

Considering how easily people repaint vehicles in MTA, I don't think it'll help anyone.

You should suggest something else, rather than change this one. Something like.. people swapping plates with admin supervision, hence plates are directly related to the VIN, and that's how you can bypass that stolen mark. Just an idea.

You should suggest something else, rather than change this one. Something like.. people swapping plates with admin supervision, hence plates are directly related to the VIN, and that's how you can bypass that stolen mark. Just an idea.
yeah except they're not
Vancarcious is right.. otherwise it'd be pointless to change the plate if you can just search for said vehicle via VIN on the MDC instead....

VIN and plates are completely unrelated. The VIN is etched directly into the chassis and main components of a vehicle. It remains the same throughout its life. Now you could make it so that thieves can change the VIN using appropriate tools (laser burners etc) but it'll report as a mismatch if LEO decide to run it in the computer.

Guest Nadr

@StrikelandWhen the vin is provided, the MDC already fetches all the other info.Color: YeahpPlate: YeahpLast Location: Sort of, there's speed cameras around the city that report when/where it's speeding.

@StrikelandWhen the vin is provided, the MDC already fetches all the other info.Color: YeahpPlate: YeahpLast Location: Sort of, there's speed cameras around the city that report when/where it's speeding.
I understand.

Vancarcious is right.. otherwise it'd be pointless to change the plate if you can just search for said vehicle via VIN on the MDC instead....
Have you seen a cop start looking for the VIN serial under the car in a traffic stop?

Guest vancarcious
They are. The car is registered with the VIN.
you're not going to change the vin by changing plates. which is what you said.