Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Thomaspwn

A word about the FD

Hi, just wanna do a little talk about the FD here with everyone who wants to hear or talk about it. To make it really short, I stepped down as chief, reasons are below.I have denied the position of Fire Chief many times, including this December. I then found out if I wasn't going to take the position, someone with 1 week of RP experience would. So I took the role and became chief, I then kicked him for multiple reasons which don't really matter. He complained to FMT and we had a convo on TS when I was really pissed at 4am and I just wanted to go to bed. I hope that convo was entertaining for the FMT guys. (I got really loud at one point when my whole family was sleeping, I also ran out of water so the hoarse voice probably made it sound even funnier)I had said many times I won't be chief too long, I don't have enough time, I also have my LSN character and a lot of work at Dupont Fashion. I offered to be a temporary solution until I had found someone more fit for the job. I'd also be pretty busy with other things outside the game in January, which is now.Today I heard I was reported, and that kind of rung a bell. (Especially since I've only got positive/constructive feedback so far.)Because most reasons when you get reported, really aren't because you have done something wrong, it's because that person who reported you wants something you have and he can't have without you getting punished. In this case, that "something" could be my Fire Chief rank. This means to me that I have completed my job, because I had to find someone else who wanted that rank and so I did! Thing is, I promoted [MENTION=17076]Jordannn[/MENTION] to fire chief because he's been doing great ever since he made it to HC, I just want to clear up that he isn't the one who reported me. Props to you Jordannn.So the first reason of me stepping down as chief was because I really don't enjoy all the forum work and just want to accept calls and such, those are also the people we actually need.The second reason was because Government got active lately and when I logged in on the forums I see I get mentioned in 4 huge tl;dr threads which I really don't care about. I also kept getting skyped by Gov while I'm trying to do something for work.But the worst thing is that the gov has been really one-sided it seems. I heard ICly that apparently someone wanted me kicked or demoted from the FD. I also got skyped by [MENTION=5963]TheJoker[/MENTION] who kindly assumed that I didn't do anything without asking or talking to me. So now that Government is being a bunch of one-sided, judging people who just seem to have something against me. I'm glad to go back to the faction that reports stuff about the government and shows the people how they really are. :)I know the thread's getting quite long but I do wanna give some shout outs to Jane Matthews (@Jermain_Meyers) and Mona McLaughlin (@saku446) for being really active and answering a lot of calls, we got all calls answered on our first day! [MENTION=17076]Jordannn[/MENTION] for being a very motivated member, the main reason I promoted you is because you really seem to have a passion for the FD, which I don't.Khalil Martinez (@BlueNinja) for being an active member too, even though we barely see eachother because of our timezones.And the FMT guys, I've always said that if I'm not good enough I wanted you to kick me. You let me run the faction my way, which I believe was the right way. [MENTION=1651]Lewis[/MENTION] [MENTION=3496]tomtiger11[/MENTION] [MENTION=1305]Chase[/MENTION] [MENTION=1695]Nadr[/MENTION] [MENTION=10131]dfajoe[/MENTION] [MENTION=1737]Franco[/MENTION] (Who was in that TS call too? I swear it were a lot of people)

Guest Chase

You were a great replacement and I am still thankful you were willing to let us appoint you to Chief. You're a guy, Thomas, that people can really count on, at least when we needed you, and that was really cool. Thank you for that, and I hope you enjoy everything else you are doing, you deserve the best man.

Hi, just wanna do a little talk about the FD here with everyone who wants to hear or talk about it. To make it really short, I stepped down as chief, reasons are below.I have denied the position of Fire Chief many times, including this December. I then found out if I wasn't going to take the position, someone with 1 week of RP experience would. So I took the role and became chief, I then kicked him for multiple reasons which don't really matter. He complained to FMT and we had a convo on TS when I was really pissed at 4am and I just wanted to go to bed. I hope that convo was entertaining for the FMT guys. (I got really loud at one point when my whole family was sleeping, I also ran out of water so the hoarse voice probably made it sound even funnier)I had said many times I won't be chief too long, I don't have enough time, I also have my LSN character and a lot of work at Dupont Fashion. I offered to be a temporary solution until I had found someone more fit for the job. I'd also be pretty busy with other things outside the game in January, which is now.Today I heard I was reported, and that kind of rung a bell. (Especially since I've only got positive/constructive feedback so far.)Because most reasons when you get reported, really aren't because you have done something wrong, it's because that person who reported you wants something you have and he can't have without you getting punished. In this case, that "something" could be my Fire Chief rank. This means to me that I have completed my job, because I had to find someone else who wanted that rank and so I did! Thing is, I promoted @Jordannn to fire chief because he's been doing great ever since he made it to HC, I just want to clear up that he isn't the one who reported me. Props to you Jordannn.So the first reason of me stepping down as chief was because I really don't enjoy all the forum work and just want to accept calls and such, those are also the people we actually need.The second reason was because Government got active lately and when I logged in on the forums I see I get mentioned in 4 huge tl;dr threads which I really don't care about. I also kept getting skyped by Gov while I'm trying to do something for work.But the worst thing is that the gov has been really one-sided it seems. I heard ICly that apparently someone wanted me kicked or demoted from the FD. I also got skyped by @TheJoker who kindly assumed that I didn't do anything without asking or talking to me. So now that Government is being a bunch of one-sided, judging people who just seem to have something against me. I'm glad to go back to the faction that reports stuff about the government and shows the people how they really are. :)I know the thread's getting quite long but I do wanna give some shout outs to Jane Matthews (@Jermain_Meyers) and Mona McLaughlin (@saku446) for being really active and answering a lot of calls, we got all calls answered on our first day! @Jordannn for being a very motivated member, the main reason I promoted you is because you really seem to have a passion for the FD, which I don't.Khalil Martinez (@BlueNinja) for being an active member too, even though we barely see eachother because of our timezones.And the FMT guys, I've always said that if I'm not good enough I wanted you to kick me. You let me run the faction my way, which I believe was the right way. @Lewis @tomtiger11 @Chase @Nadr @dfajoe @Franco (Who was in that TS call too? I swear it were a lot of people)
I was shocked at the fact that you offered me it, when I came back from my college interview. It's always been my goal to reach a decent rank in any faction. I respect you massively for the chane. I will try and keep FD on track. Since I was the Deputy Chief, and have stepped up. A new Deputy Chief has to come along, that is going to be [MENTION=102]Rilind[/MENTION]. I had though about giving him Chief, but I want to experience the position, role and fun it has to offer. Before handing it off to [MENTION=102]Rilind[/MENTION]. I hope to build a stronger FD than what it is already. Since I joined the community in Nivember, FD has shot up BUG TIME! It is a small faction, with around 17 members, but we are all great at FD Roleplay, everyone is active. It's turned into a good faction. I plan more things to get us known to the community, both ICly, and OOCly. Such as an "Open Fire House" event, where the players in-game can come see the new interior we have, credits go to [MENTION=1634]LukeCorleon[/MENTION] for his great mapping skills.You can expect a lot more activity, and events coming from the FD, and I hope you will like them! P.S. [MENTION=2142]Thomas[/MENTION], it was [MENTION=1651]Lewis[/MENTION] and [MENTION=10131]dfajoe[/MENTION] on TS with us, during the crisis :)

Unfortunately, your assumption about me is wrong. You were skyped for me to be able to underline what you did do. The fact you failed to see the hand of a friend reaching out, over some paranoia I ran into in that chat is completely beyond my imagination. You just ran away from your responsibilities and you were looking for someone easy to blame. Which in this case appears to be everyone but you.My words may seem harsh, but they're the truth. The government is not one-sided. The government didn't draw any conclusions. The government didn't take any action against you what-so ever. And neither did I. All I did, was message you on skype to get what I heard, and what the actual situation is on one wavelength.I was never granted that chance. I find it shortsighted you make such empty claims about the government. When gov IA received a report on you, the first thing I did was speak to FMT members, bringing up that you were just put in through FMT. In your defense I should add. FMT advised me to take it IC'ly, which I proceeded to do. I messaged you on skype to inform you of the situation, and to work on a solution. Not to throw you under any buses. I don't throw people under the bus. Period end.

Unfortunately, your assumption about me is wrong. You were skyped for me to be able to underline what you did do. The fact you failed to see the hand of a friend reaching out, over some paranoia I ran into in that chat is completely beyond my imagination. You just ran away from your responsibilities and you were looking for someone easy to blame. Which in this case appears to be everyone but you.My words may seem harsh, but they're the truth. The government is not one-sided. The government didn't draw any conclusions. The government didn't take any action against you what-so ever. And neither did I. All I did, was message you on skype to get what I heard, and what the actual situation is on one wavelength.I was never granted that chance. I find it shortsighted you make such empty claims about the government. When gov IA received a report on you, the first thing I did was speak to FMT members, bringing up that you were just put in through FMT. In your defense I should add. FMT advised me to take it IC'ly, which I proceeded to do. I messaged you on skype to inform you of the situation, and to work on a solution. Not to throw you under any buses. I don't throw people under the bus. Period end.
You messaged me while I was busy doing stuff for IRL work. I tried writing a formal email to someone but I got interrupted at least 15 times about MTA stuff and a lot of times involving the FD forums.Joker: "You, call me when you can"Thomas: "No, why?"Joker: "I want to call you because you lead FD and I want a meeting :P "*Joker calls me anyway**Thomas hangs up*Thomas: "I'm not going to call"Joker: "Why?"Thomas: "Because I'm not wearing a mic and I'm busy"Joker: "K.. not busy with FD, that's the problem"Thomas: "Say it here then, not in a call"Joker: "Your forum is fucked up. And I understand you aren't doing anything to fix it. I want to bring it up ICly but since the forums are OOC I'd like to talk to bring it up OOCly aswell"Thomas: "What, 2 people are busy with the forums right now. Are you f'd in the head?"Since then you kinda denied to say any more about it OOCly as I was "cynical"(not literally what was said as it was a Dutch convo that I translated)What am I supposed to think?I'm trying to do some stuff for IRL things and even then I take a bit of time to talk to FD members, and you just tell me I'm not doing anything and I was reported a lot of times.I then log in and I hear someone was looking for me and it seemed like that person wanted me kicked or demoted.Seems one-sided to me. Reminds me of elementary school, the little kid that snitched on the other always got favored by miss teacher.

You messaged me while I was busy doing stuff for IRL work. I tried writing a formal email to someone but I got interrupted at least 15 times about MTA stuff and a lot of times involving the FD forums.Joker: "You, call me when you can"Thomas: "No, why?"Joker: "I want to call you because you lead FD and I want a meeting :P "*Joker calls me anyway**Thomas hangs up*Thomas: "I'm not going to call"Joker: "Why?"Thomas: "Because I'm not wearing a mic and I'm busy"Joker: "K.. not busy with FD, that's the problem"Thomas: "Say it here then, not in a call"Joker: "Your forum is fucked up. And I understand you aren't doing anything to fix it. I want to bring it up ICly but since the forums are OOC I'd like to talk to bring it up OOCly aswell"Thomas: "What, 2 people are busy with the forums right now. Are you f'd in the head?"Since then you kinda denied to say any more about it OOCly as I was "cynical"(not literally what was said as it was a Dutch convo that I translated)What am I supposed to think?I'm trying to do some stuff for IRL things and even then I take a bit of time to talk to FD members, and you just tell me I'm not doing anything and I was reported a lot of times.I then log in and I hear someone was looking for me and it seemed like that person wanted me kicked or demoted.Seems one-sided to me. Reminds me of elementary school, the little kid that snitched on the other always got favored by miss teacher.
Misunderstanding, will message you in private to clear it up.

Guest Franco

[MENTION=533]Thomaspwn[/MENTION] , thank you for your assistance with the LSFD when we as FMT were in dire need of a dedicated and honest leader as it's "Interim Fire Chief". You were the person that took that calling and made FD achieve a 100% increase in activity and member base. Hopefully your successor can build upon what you have left behind and doesn't erode at that legacy. Unfortunately, now that that LS Government is back in full swing, we as FMT need to take a step back and let the in character roles of our appointed officials take it's course.

Thanks everyone for the positive replies! I appreciate it! ( [MENTION=1305]Chase[/MENTION] [MENTION=1651]Lewis[/MENTION] [MENTION=1737]Franco[/MENTION] )As for [MENTION=5963]TheJoker[/MENTION], I just want to clarify to everyone that Gov is NOT what made me step down. I never wanted to be the "permanent" fire chief as I just took it to help the server and the faction out. I took the job as a temporary solution until I had found a chief to take over.I'm not one to hold grudges, I keep saying that and I really don't. But we talked it out anyways.I have to add I do prefer dealing with such things OOCly rather than ICly, because of multiple reasons. One of them is that I don't have to be in-character and I can say what I think and not what my character thinks. Great example was with Otunga guy.

Thank you [MENTION=533]Thomaspwn[/MENTION] for all your work and efforts into the FD, because of you, the FD is where it should be today, I wish you luck with whatever you're going to do.