[General] - Public Phones/Payphones and LSPD ability to get phone call records

OwlGaming.png

Script Suggestion

What would be the name of the script(s)?-

Public Phones/Payphones and LSPD ability to get phone call records

What kind of script(s) are you suggesting?-
General

What is the suggestion?-
We see public phones all around GTA 5 and I think it's time to get them to work.

Give a player ability to use payphones like a normal phone player has, each payphone has its own static number and the player has to pay a charge of per minute its used? It would be automatically taken from their credit card or create a new item called "Payphone Card/Prepaids" which can be purchased at a 24/7 with values from , 50, 100 and 200

After each use of the card, the payphone will display the remaining balance.

Now when it comes to LSPD I think they should be given an ability to check phone records of each player with obvious approved authority and backtrace who the number belongs to who. This would give a whole new meaning for LSPD to conclude their investigations against organised crime or gangs and organised crime to use payphones as a way of mask their tracks and avoid being bugged by the LSPD. Now that also could give a whole new meaning and potential for different suggestions and RP to come.

What are the advantages?-
Gives players a whole new ways of RPing, both for legal and illegal factions. Crime factions can use payphones to avoid incriminating themselves and having a clean record to prove they have no connection to certain people and avoid being wired by the LSPD during their investigation.

Gives LSPD more possibilities to gather evidence on criminals

What are the disadvantages?-

None as far as I can see.

Do you have any resources to support our scripters in making said suggestion?-
No.

How would you go about implementing this idea?-
Same way as you implemented player phone system.

Edited by Synaptic
  • Like 1

+1, prepaids would be nice to see

It's a thing on other servers, so it's do-able. But is it really needed RN? I can see this being a thing in the future however.

Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, ShadowSix said:

It's a thing on other servers, so it's do-able. But is it really needed RN? I can see this being a thing in the future however.

And your reasoning behind the idea of it not really needed right is?

Part of me somehow think it's due to "low playerbase" "it won't be used due to low player base" etc. If so are we going to say no to every single suggestion there is due to the fact that the playerbase is low?

Edited by Synaptic
3 hours ago, Synaptic said:

And your reasoning behind the idea of it not really needed right is?

Part of me somehow think it's due to "low playerbase" "it won't be used due to low player base" etc. If so are we going to say no to every single suggestion there is due to the fact that the playerbase is low?

I understand why you’d think that. But I can imagine that the reason @ShadowSix is stating that it wouldn’t be needed right now but would be a good suggestion for the future is that, this suggestion is definitely a good suggestion and we would like to have this in the future, but right now the scriptures got bigger projects and important scripts etc to make. But as I said it would be really nice if this was put onto their list of scripts to do, if it’s not already on there. 

• Like 1

Would love to see this become a thing in the future. But as mentioned earlier by ShadowSix, there's currently bigger and more important projects. Definitely a +1, but I'd say not really a priority.

• Like 1