Chaos

Newsletter - May 2021

OwlGaming.png

May 2021 Newsletter

y7sgkve3 

Survey Results

We have just started reviewing the survey results from Dexters post. This will give us a better idea of where to focus our efforts. Thank you to EVERYONE that participated. It means a great deal that you want to give us feedback to improve so you can get in game more.

Would anyone be interested in more transparent communications regarding what we decide to prioritize? I'm thinking we'll update the public roadmap with priorities but if you have ideas on how we can be more transparent, leave them below!

Fast Promoting Factions to Official

In an effort to diversify our RP landscape, we are going to push for promoting factions up to official much faster than usual. We hope this can provide more diversity specifically to the illegal RP space.

I also wanted to mention in regards to factions that recently there was a discussion from @Crimson about characters to support RP

To summarize what I put there,

• We basically give you a blank cheque to create RP scenarios if you just reach out.
  • We are actively looking for people willing to run these sorts of missions in order to create more exciting RP
  • Admins already run missions for factions in FT
  • We offer faction starters if you have a group of friends with an idea to help you get started with vehicles, properties and money

Reach out if any of these things interest you, either on discord or through a UA contact.

Scripting

As always, we encourage everyone to take a look at the script suggestions, public roadmap, and most importantly, our Mantis to report bugs. We will be continuing to update the roadmap as we develop new features.

As promised, @Courtez has posted a thread looking for feedback to the upcoming vehicle mod changes. If you're a car expert we need your help to make this feature great!

We plan to release partial feature updates as this feature progresses instead of hording it out for one big release.

We have heard feedback for more clothing options and @Vubstersmurf with @ItsMelodyy have been working to add more customization options.

Aside from the asset transfers released, we also had some language updates and QoL improvements:

Administration Updates

We recently had a GAT update with some fantastic new trials joining the team. Welcome @Moore@Raymieeee @Mutt377 and @Zebulon!

Promoting OwlGaming

We are looking for anyone who would be interested in promoting Owl. This could be creating content for a OwlGaming twitter account, youtube, twitch, TikTok or any other ideas you have. We are willing to give you whatever support you need to achieve some really nice promotional pieces and will reward you with GCs for your efforts!

Reach out to @Chaos if you're interested in helping out, or if you have already created any content that you would like GCs for.

Country Club Grand Reopening! 🎉

Join us for a special event happening on May 30th, 6PM UTC for the grand reopening of the country club. We hope to see you all there!

Media

@Valkyr

@xLeicy (I also wanted to say thank you for your active posting on your faction thread, they are always a good read!)

@Misuzu Although not new this month, Misuzu has an amazingly written character story which has been updated with character developments.

Photo_43.png

20210430162758_1.jpg

GTA5_IO65JlpLL8.jpg

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Chaos said:

Would anyone be interested in more transparent communications regarding what we decide to prioritize?

Yes sir. 

3 minutes ago, Chaos said:

We have heard feedback for more clothing options and @Vubstersmurf with @ItsMelodyy have been working to add more customization options.

You forgot someone or two actually 🤔

I also wanna say thanks to any mapper for creating these beautiful ints! 
And to @ShadowSix for the Bowling Ally int, that is some good mapping right there. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, QueenC said:

Yes sir

In what way can we improve that transparency when it comes to the results? As I said there we were probably just going to update the Trello with the respective top requested features but I'm open to better ideas!

Also @ShadowSixthat bowling map is killer

9 minutes ago, Chaos said:

In what way can we improve that transparency when it comes to the results? As I said there we were probably just going to update the Trello with the respective top requested features but I'm open to better ideas!

Also @ShadowSixthat bowling map is killer

Just generally inform people more about when updates are made, that the server, forums etc is down for xyz reason.. stuff like that

• Like 1

Well, I hate to be a party pooper, but I'll tell my opinion.

I am still skeptical about this. Queen and Vub knows what I am worried about (considering the magnitude of shit I used to give to 'em over DM's). Yet, I wish to repeat what I've said over my survey.

Utilize.Your.Players.

A lot of players tends to put a shitload of effort into their stuff, ranging from mapping to full out modding. Nevertheless, it does feel that most of our propositions do fall upon "deaf ears". Which saddens me greatly and so, I hope some of that will be taken into consideration... And hope there's brighter future for Owl and it's longevity. 

• Like 1

i was mentioned 👀 

tnx chaos for rating my story 5/5

7 hours ago, QueenC said:

Just generally inform people more about when updates are made, that the server, forums etc is down for xyz reason.. stuff like that

inform people when Valkyr crashes the server**

13 minutes ago, xLeicy said:

i was mentioned 👀 

tnx chaos for rating my story 5/5

inform people when Valkyr crashes the server**

I did it once and everybody memes it :sadge:

Nice! Hoping that my instant characters provide enough RP for Gov Factions and Civs.

I'm working on utilizing a drug addict character to help illegal factions with their drug issue.

15 hours ago, Effect said:

Well, I hate to be a party pooper, but I'll tell my opinion.

I am still skeptical about this. Queen and Vub knows what I am worried about (considering the magnitude of shit I used to give to 'em over DM's). Yet, I wish to repeat what I've said over my survey.

Utilize.Your.Players.

A lot of players tends to put a shitload of effort into their stuff, ranging from mapping to full out modding. Nevertheless, it does feel that most of our propositions do fall upon "deaf ears". Which saddens me greatly and so, I hope some of that will be taken into consideration... And hope there's brighter future for Owl and it's longevity. 

I will personally be making this my project in improving on this.

On 5/16/2021 at 10:12 PM, Chaos said:

Country Club Grand Reopening! 🎉

Join us for a special event happening on May 30th, 6PM UTC for the grand reopening of the country club. We hope to see you all there!

Date updated!

• Like 1