[General] - Food and Water

OwlGaming.png

Script Suggestion

What would be the name of the script(s)?-

Food and Water

What kind of script(s) are you suggesting?-
General

What is the suggestion?-
Pretty much the title, a script that requires you to eat and drink and has a negative effect if your bar gets too low.

What are the advantages?-
There are tons of advantages, medics are able to rp with people who have gotten their bar low and help them up. Restaurants can serve people food/water and people will go to them more often. Places like burgershot for example they would give people food and water. There are endless possibilities. Also keep tacos in 24/7's.

What are the disadvantages?-

Maybe more people dying, other than that I don't see anything bad about it.

Do you have any resources to support our scripters in making said suggestion?-
N/A

How would you go about implementing this idea?-
Maybe have like a HUD revamp and place it there so people can see there hunger and thirst levels. Make it read a database and when it hits a certain percent it makes you ragdoll/collapse or something.

Well I wish to agree with this addition... BUT
I mean on one side - Hunger and thirst system would help the server to somewhat cut into players finances by forcing them to buy "necessities". Yet, the system would have to be smart or people will get frustrated about it. 

Plus, unfortunately, I have to agree - At least at this moment, this system is not... exactly necessary considering there's loads and loads of stuff that needs to be scripted first.

So let's say - I am still on the fence about it.

I'm all for this but as mentioned above, not a necessity. Plus new players might be turned off by this "Feature". 

Never really been a fan of the hunger/thirst 'needs' idea.

It tends to become more like an RPG element and simply a chore to do than actual motivation to roleplay eating. People end up stockpiling food/carry food and drink on them 24/7 and consume the item whenever they need it, as opposed to RPing having a meal, et cetera. In theory it's suppose to bring more RP, but in practice- seldom ever does.

If that miraculously weren't the case and players actually roleplayed eating (which frankly, I don't really see it happening), I wouldn't support health-loss as the resulting effect of low hunger/health. I would propose something like visual distortion effects or something else minor in it's place, however, I simply am not for the idea in the first place.

Edited by Livelethal
  • Like 2
On 5/12/2021 at 9:28 PM, Livelethal said:

Never really been a fan of the hunger/thirst 'needs' idea.

It tends to become more like an RPG element and simply a chore to do than actual motivation to roleplay eating. People end up stockpiling food/carry food and drink on them 24/7 and consume the item whenever they need it, as opposed to RPing having a meal, et cetera. In theory it's suppose to bring more RP, but in practice- seldom ever does.

If that miraculously weren't the case and players actually roleplayed eating (which frankly, I don't really see it happening), I wouldn't support health-loss as the resulting effect of low hunger/health. I would propose something like visual distortion effects or something else minor in it's place, however, I simply am not for the idea in the first place.

I agree with this. It'd just become one of those things that'd in the end just make it so players start stockpiling food in their inventories / cars + wouldn't actually be RP'ed, which it's intended purpose would be. Though I cannot disagree on it not being a good money sink. I don't think this is a necessity at all, and I don't see this working in the long haul.

I like the idea of food and drink for RP/Immersion.  I don't like the idea of it being a requirement, however.

• Like 2
9 hours ago, ShadowSix said:

I like the idea of food and drink for RP/Immersion.  I don't like the idea of it being a requirement, however.

I agree with this.

Perhaps the better idea for this suggestion would be enable more places for food & drinks RP. Additionally I was thinking of some sort of benefits player gets from dining on a fine meal (unlike some who eat 4 chicken steak sandwiches in their car) but that would of be easily abuse with people bum rushing those places and not RP'ing anything just to get the benefit.

The need for water & food is great on paper but shit in practice. You end up turning the server into an MMORPG survival at that point, if anything people should be encouraged to do more passive RP.