Crimson

Instant Characters (Supplementary RP Characters)

I've seen a feature in a dedicated server in another game before, and it was basically the ability to apply for an instant character and that character would not be there for the player to actually like progress in or RP as a main character but actually it was used to provide RP for other people for example:

A small time criminal who robs gas stations or other stores and is meant to be RPed in order to provide beneficial criminal activity in order to impact Civilians and LEO's

This certain character could be assisted by an admin in order to be set up with the minimum gear and equipment in order to do his goal, for example (A firearm, melee weapon, mask, vehicle, lockpicks, crowbars etc. )

Example 2:

A heavy drug user character who also benefits MAIN criminal characters who are involved in dealing/supplying drugs by buying from them and using moreover benefiting LEO's by providing criminal availability. This is a much easier character to start up because the requirements for their startup is almost non-existent, all this character needs is probably drug usage equipment and possibly IC knowledge on where to buy drugs from. (I've put this certain example here because it would be much better RP wise than to sell to an NPC.)

There are probably other types of startup character types but sadly I can not think of some at the moment.

I also understand that helping an instant character startup, specifically a criminal one may lead to issues such as trolling or misuse of instant characters, that's why I also suggest an application form and requirements like total playtime hours for example.

I have found that when I create an alt character just to create some RP for online PD, the online admins are very understanding to the situation and will spawn some simple firearms and illegal items when making a report.

I do like the idea, especially with the small playerbase we have right now.

• Like 1

+1, especially if it benefits both sides in some way or the other.

We already promote this and would love to see it done more. Here's various things we do:

• Admins run missions for active factions to try and get them more involved
  • We ask our admins to take some time creating RP for new players who appear to be RPing alone. Sometimes this means just spawning themselves a taxi and RP picking them up and driving them around, sometimes this might be more involved and end up giving them items to get started
  • Faction starters if you have a group of friends that want to RP a niche we can spawn weapons, vehicles or properties to help support your groups RP.

If there are players who want to also help out with some of these supplementary RP characters they are welcome to. UA contact is the best way to reach us if there's something you'd like to do that would benefit the server, but you need help getting the resources to start: https://forums.owlgaming.net/forms/10-upper-administration-contact-ooc/

• Like 2

Ah yes, Chaos already covered it.

I vaguely remember this initiative (considering I didn't sign no NDA or anything of sorts I can share the experience :D). I think it was called like "RP cultivation"? (Don't ask me, I didn't choose the name) Yet, with the help of UA/Admins you are simply given a blank cheque to create this supplementary RP for factions, people around the server. Unfortunately for me, I did not have time nor the motivation with this kinda stuff so I dropped out. Yet, I guess what I wish to say here, that you would probably get full support to ressurect this. 

19 hours ago, Effect said:

Ah yes, Chaos already covered it.

I vaguely remember this initiative (considering I didn't sign no NDA or anything of sorts I can share the experience :D). I think it was called like "RP cultivation"? (Don't ask me, I didn't choose the name) Yet, with the help of UA/Admins you are simply given a blank cheque to create this supplementary RP for factions, people around the server. Unfortunately for me, I did not have time nor the motivation with this kinda stuff so I dropped out. Yet, I guess what I wish to say here, that you would probably get full support to ressurect this. 

A blank cheque is a good way to put it yea! The only limit we have here are people that are motivated to literally create whatever RP they want! (within reason of course)

On 5/10/2021 at 12:27 AM, Chaos said:

We already promote this and would love to see it done more. Here's various things we do:

• Admins run missions for active factions to try and get them more involved
  • We ask our admins to take some time creating RP for new players who appear to be RPing alone. Sometimes this means just spawning themselves a taxi and RP picking them up and driving them around, sometimes this might be more involved and end up giving them items to get started
  • Faction starters if you have a group of friends that want to RP a niche we can spawn weapons, vehicles or properties to help support your groups RP.

If there are players who want to also help out with some of these supplementary RP characters they are welcome to. UA contact is the best way to reach us if there's something you'd like to do that would benefit the server, but you need help getting the resources to start: https://forums.owlgaming.net/forms/10-upper-administration-contact-ooc/

Noted, with that I would like to ask for the possibility of creating a criminal character, this individual will primarily commit crimes as an individual and will not join any illegal or legal faction.

is it possible for this character to be supplied with the needed resources (equipment, weapons, etc.) and possibly permanently have access to those resources even if jailed or PKed in order to support continuous crime?

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Crimson said:

Noted, with that I would like to ask for the possibility of creating a criminal character, this individual will primarily commit crimes as an individual and will not join any illegal or legal faction.

is it possible for this character to be supplied with the needed resources (equipment, weapons, etc.) and possibly permanently have access to those resources even if jailed or PKed in order to support continuous crime?

If you wanna create a character to boost RP, just report and talk to an admin about what you need. As Chaos already stated we are happy to support this, if you wanna get involved in some admins events then PM me on discord and I'll help you out.  Admins events can be anything as long as it boost RP, we already got some stuff in the works but we are also open for suggestions. 

• Like 2