[General] - Farming Script

OwlGaming.png

Script Suggestion

What would be the name of the script(s)?-

Farming Script

What kind of script(s) are you suggesting?-
General

What is the suggestion?-
Understanding that we have a script in place for Marijuana farming, maybe this could be altered to also work for standard crops? Would also be great if there was a market/produce vendor on the map that you could sell harvest too.

What are the advantages?-
Create farm and passive RP that keep people coming back to the server to care for crops, encourage more rural property ownership, businesses/employment and market place for both farmers and places like restaurants to purchase ingredients from.

What are the disadvantages?-

Doesn't seem like there are really any disadvantages.

Do you have any resources to support our scripters in making said suggestion?-
I do not personally no, but more than happy to help with pricing and market balancing practices/principles.

How would you go about implementing this idea?-
As stated above, alter existing scripts for crop farming. In theory anyone could grow their own food ICLY, but only those with a registered agricultural license could sell to the vendor on map.

Edited by Zebulon
  • Like 1

how would this work in terms of using farm equipment, farming fields and such? I kinda wish there was a way to script in actual crop growing on fields but thats a way too big of a long shot to do

I agree with the concept, but not the implementation. As Valkyr said, using the IG farming equipment to farm crops would be a big plus, and currently, we can't do that. I don't think that will ever be a thing with the weed system, unless the server legalizes weed, which, as much as I agree with doing IRL, idk if legalizing weed IG would be a good thing for the illegal RPers that the system was designed for. That said, if they could implement crops in a way that allows the use of farming equipment in the fields as well as personally grown crops, then that would be a great thing to see. In order to keep it balanced so not EVERYONE could have a huge farm and get rich that way, then plots of farmland could be attached to a property, and whoever owns the property are the people who are in charge. They could hire people to work the fields, but those people could only work the fields attached to the property. Obviously that is a huge script, so, for now, adding different crop to the weed system would work, but I think it would need to be expanded on in the future.

+1 . Maybe start small, with pots and planters. And in the future move into full fledged field management.