Courtez

Reworking Vehicle Mechanics

Everything in this thread is looking pretty good so far. I look forward to it, although I'm just hoping that we won't have to wait too long for some of our cars to be modifiable. Speaking for myself, me wanna mod my new car I just bought lmfao.

And to add onto the theft topic, I'm glad to see more criminal-type features are being introduced. Sure as hell look forward to what else there'll be in the future in that field.

• Like 2

To all the stuff mentioned here.
Yes, just yes.
Anyhoo' just a quick question... If we do plan to introduce new custom vehicles to the server do we plan to make this system compatible with said vehicles?

• Like 1
23 minutes ago, Effect said:

To all the stuff mentioned here.
Yes, just yes.
Anyhoo' just a quick question... If we do plan to introduce new custom vehicles to the server do we plan to make this system compatible with said vehicles?

Yes, if vehicle mods are added we would like them to be canon with the GTA universe and be fully usable with all features. 

• Like 2

Idea to add to this if possible:

Anti-theft system

Alarm system

There could be a few anti-theft systems to choose from, starting with Tier 1 and up.

Starting with simple alarm system. Not specifically when you tug on the door and it's locked, but if someone were to bash the window or perhaps if struck hard enough, would cause the horn and lights to flash til disabled by the owner or after X amount of time unresolved, and the tier of anti-theft going up and more involved including LoJack. (LoJack, also known as the LoJack Stolen Vehicle Recovery System, is a stolen vehicle recovery system that is integrated with law enforcement, enabling vehicles and equipment to be tracked and recovered)

• Like 2

This is amazeballs, looking forward to the subsequent releases. Low-key I worked as a car mechanic IRL for a while, so if I can be of help in any way, hit me up.

• Like 1
7 hours ago, ShadowSix said:

Idea to add to this if possible:

Anti-theft system

Alarm system

There could be a few anti-theft systems to choose from, starting with Tier 1 and up.

Starting with simple alarm system. Not specifically when you tug on the door and it's locked, but if someone were to bash the window or perhaps if struck hard enough, would cause the horn and lights to flash til disabled by the owner or after X amount of time unresolved, and the tier of anti-theft going up and more involved including LoJack. (LoJack, also known as the LoJack Stolen Vehicle Recovery System, is a stolen vehicle recovery system that is integrated with law enforcement, enabling vehicles and equipment to be tracked and recovered)

I agree that something like this needs to be added to that as well. Thing is, it'd have to be kind of balanced to go with the illegal RP side of this too. If everyone has LoJack on their cars, ain't no criminal gonna wanna steal them. That said, I do have a question. 

The mechanic experience and learning thing, will there be a way to have an admin set that? If a character's story or current development based on what they have already RPed doing in the server permit it. Take my character, Rebecca Trent for example. As per her story, she started learning to work on cars when she moved to LS and has since done a lot of vehicle work, such as building herself a car to race in legal races with, and she even RPs as a mechanic at FSAW (which is currently inactive, waiting on this script lol). Plus, she was a fire engineer not too long ago, so, she maintained the FD vehicles. So, with that said, would she need to RP all the experience stuff, or could an admin set her level? 

15 hours ago, GioSerpo said:

I agree that something like this needs to be added to that as well. Thing is, it'd have to be kind of balanced to go with the illegal RP side of this too. If everyone has LoJack on their cars, ain't no criminal gonna wanna steal them. That said, I do have a question. 

The mechanic experience and learning thing, will there be a way to have an admin set that? If a character's story or current development based on what they have already RPed doing in the server permit it. Take my character, Rebecca Trent for example. As per her story, she started learning to work on cars when she moved to LS and has since done a lot of vehicle work, such as building herself a car to race in legal races with, and she even RPs as a mechanic at FSAW (which is currently inactive, waiting on this script lol). Plus, she was a fire engineer not too long ago, so, she maintained the FD vehicles. So, with that said, would she need to RP all the experience stuff, or could an admin set her level? 

We haven't made a final decision around that yet. In initial versions of the script my feeling is probably not, but as we expand the feature set, and maybe have similar skills for other areas of the script, there might be a part of setting up your character that involves determining which skills  a character might have from the outset, and can manage keeping those skills in balance with each other, so that generally people aren't just creating characters that they believe to be "good at everything" lets say.

23 hours ago, Valgus said:

This is amazeballs, looking forward to the subsequent releases. Low-key I worked as a car mechanic IRL for a while, so if I can be of help in any way, hit me up.

@Courtez - Ditto homie.

• Like 1