UnoDosTres

[Items] - Ability to give items to other players.

OwlGaming.png

Script Suggestion

What would be the name of the script(s)?-

Ability to give items to other players.

What kind of script(s) are you suggesting?-
Items

What is the suggestion?-
Added a 'give' option to hand people items instead of dropping them on the ground. When you press 'give' it would open up a list of all nearby players. Once you select a player, the other player will be given a UI prompt to accept the item or deny it. This prompt would prevent someone from giving the person the wrong item or a malicious person trying to sneak items into an idle person's inventory.

What are the advantages?-
If you are trying to give someone an item, it would be easier to give them the item than to drop it on the ground. Someone might take the item your drop intended for the other person or you might simply forget to pick it up. The 'give' option would eliminate that risk.

What are the disadvantages?-

I can't think of any.

Do you have any resources to support our scripters in making said suggestion?-
Can't think of any resources but maybe adding onto the existing system for items?

How would you go about implementing this idea?-
I'm not very sure how complex it would be but I was thinking that the 'give' option could be added under the existing UI when clicking on items. It would search around an area for all the players nearby and give that as options to give the item to. The other player would have to be in this same area for the item to be given or it would present an error to the person trying to give the item.

thats a yep from me. We've needed this for a while now, as currently, someone could sneak in and steal a dropped item before the other player can pick it up. And, it can lead to MG in some cases. if you RP handing someone something discretely, and have to drop the item, someone else sees the /ado associated with dropping something, they could (although most of the current community won't) take that as IC, when, realistcally, it'd of been discrete.

• Like 2