Zebulon

[STATE] The People v. Jeremy Watson 4/1

** Daniel Erikson stands up from his seat, making his way over to the witness stand, straightening out his jacket **

(( @Zebulon ))

Edited by ItsMelodyy
  • Like 1

" Thank you Detective. 

Can you please confirm that the man sitting behind the Defendant's desk is indeed Jason Watson, and he was the individual in operation of the red Dewbauchee Rapid GT 3 with plates reading 2F2BE500 that you and your partner initially attempted to pull over on the 31st of March, 2021 in the Pillbox Hill neighbourhood of Los Santos?"

(( @Courtez @UnoDosTres @ThatGuy @ItsMelodyy ))

• Like 2

" That is correct, sir. When the red Rapid GT 3 pulled over, the man sitting behind the defender's desk, Jeremy Watson, was the person getting out of the vehicle. "

(( @Courtez @UnoDosTres @ThatGuy @Zebulon ))

Edited by ItsMelodyy
  • Like 1

" Thank you Detective. 

In the arrest report, it was indicated that Mister Watson was preforming dangerous maneuvers as he initially passed you. Can you please go into additional detail as to what these maneuvers included and what prompted you and your partner to attempt to initiate a traffic stop?"

(( @ItsMelodyy @UnoDosTres @ThatGuy @Courtez ))

• Like 2

"Certainly, we were pulled over on the side of the road, having a conversation about officer Miller's probationary training points when we see the red Rapid GT 3 passing us. The vehicle was swerving slightly and ran through an intersection without stopping. It looked like the vehicle was speeding, but we were unable to use the LIDAR system to clock the vehicle's exact speed. We decided to pull the suspect vehicle over for stop requirements. "

(( @Zebulon @UnoDosTres @ThatGuy @Courtez ))

Posted (edited)

" Thank you Detective. 

The written affidavit also indicates that Mister Watson drove against traffic, on sidewalks in his attempted evasion. Was there any point where he acknowledged that the Police were attempting to pull him over perhaps by verbal communication or other means?"

(( @UnoDosTres @ThatGuy @Courtez @ItsMelodyy ))

Edited by Zebulon
  • Like 1

" During the pursuit he started shouting at us, the only thing I heard him yelling was you suck over the sounds of the siren. He also made several u turns and we got close to him a couple of times which made our cruiser visible to him with the sirens and lights being turned on. We were pursuing him for a fairly decent amount of time with the sirens on. "

(( @Zebulon @UnoDosTres @ThatGuy @Courtez ))

"Thank you Detective.

From your experience as a law enforcement officer would you say that Mister Watson's attempted evasion posed a threat to property or life? If so can you give some specific examples?"

(( @ThatGuy @Courtez @UnoDosTres @ItsMelodyy ))

• Like 1

" In my professional opinion, I definitely think it was a threat to property or life. Mister Watson throughout the chase drove on opposite sides of the road, over sidewalks, made dangerous swerving maneuvers and drove at excessive speeds. If a car had pulled out in front of him, or a pedestrian would've been on one of those sidewalks he cut over, civilians could have been hurt.

At some point during the pursuit, mister Watson ducked into an alleyway in Strawberry. He could have hit a pedestrian coming out of that alleyway. "

"Very well Detective.

This will be the Prosecution's last question. When Mister Watson finally decided to come to a stop, how would you describe his demeanor and behavior? Did he seem remorseful or indicate in any way that he acknowledged the gravity or potential consequences of his actions behind the wheel?"

(( @ThatGuy @UnoDosTres @ItsMelodyy @Courtez ))

• Like 1

" Once he pulled his vehicle over in front of the Union Depository, we rolled up behind him and drew our firearms. During this, mister Watson was busy with feeding the parking meter, instead of concentrating on us. Only after he fed the parking meter, did he divert his attention to us and listened to our lawful commands.

Not once did I personally see Mister Watson show remorse of his actions. To me, he did not indicate that he acknowledged the gravity of the situation or the potential consequences of his actions. "

*Kayiane Terzian peers over to the witness stand as she gives a nod to Detective Erikson*

Detective Erikson, 

You say that you saw a red rapid GT 3 before losing sight of this vehicle in the initial pursuit. Can you confirm, with one-hundred percent certainty, that it was in-fact my client, Mr. Jeremy Watson, that was behind the wheels of the first pursuit?

(( @ItsMelodyy @Zebulon @ThatGuy@Courtez))

" I cannot say that with certainty, councilor. However, we regained a visual of the red Rapid GT 3 not long after losing sight of it, and proceeded to pursue the vehicle until the vehicle came to a halt at the Union Depository. While I cannot positively confirm as to whether or not your client was behind the wheel the first time before losing and regaining visual, it was the same vehicle with the same vehicle plates, we did not lose visual for long, a few minutes at most, and your client exited the vehicle when it halted at the Union Depository. "

" The footage that was provided should show the pursuit from start to finish, including losing sight of the suspect temporarily, yes "

(( As a sidenote, I didn't write down specifically losing sight of the vehicle, but detailed a recap of the pursuit. The dash camera would have however caught the PD car losing sight of the suspect vehicle. When I wrote the recap I detailed what you would see when you focused on the driving, I forgot to add the part about losing sight of the vehicle. ))