dc0rjTP.png

SUPERIOR COURT OF SAN ANDREAS

Criminal Arraignment

Court of San Andreas, District of Los Santos

The People

Versus

Jeremy Watson

Subpart 1. Title.

In the matter of the Petition of The People, on the 1st of April, 2021, against Jeremy Watson.

Subpart 2. Body.

The People charge the subject(s) with:

§ 309 - Failure to Yield to Emergency Vehicles

§ 404 - Evading an Officer in a Vehicle

§ 406 - Reckless Driving

§ 501 - Felony Reckless Evading

Are multiple misdemeanors stacked for a felonious conviction?

No

Subpart 3. Request.

The People demand of the subject Jeremy Watson to the following:

3 Years ((Days)), Five Thousand Dollar Financial Penalty

Subpart 4. Evidence.

Exhibit A - Dashcam Footage From Officers in Pursuit

Exhibit B - Written Affidavit from LSPD Arrest Report

Spoiler

On the afternoon of March 31th, 2020, Officer Miller and Reserve Detective Erikson (01-A-86) was doing a training patrol when suddenly a red Dewbauchee Rapid GT 3 with plates reading 2F2BE500 on Alta St. Pillbox hill head on passes the cruiser doing dangerous maneuvres. A-86 quickly responded and chased the vehicle leading to a pursuit around Los Santos, mainly on vinewood. The pursuit lasted 10 minutes after that was stopped because the suspect was lost on sight. The suspect evaded 2 times.

As the suspect was seen again, A-86 quickly chased the vehicle, going through alleyways and tight roads. Suspect was driving not only on sidewalks, but he was also driving on a counterflow manner. He was also driving for around 130-150 mph. After driving around Los Santos, he halted on a full stop and then starts circling around A-86's cruiser mocking them saying, "Just go golfing." After some time the suspect continued to drove off which A-86 quickly responded, which eventually led to the suspect having a full stop at Low Power St. besides the Union depository. The suspect immediately stopped besides a parking machine as he mockingly gets a coin on his pocket seemingly paying the machine. As A-86 got out of the cruiser, they immediately ordered the suspect to put his hands up in the air and slowly walk backwards towards them. As the suspect was close, he was immediately ordered to get on his knees with his legs crossed and fingers interlaced. Officer Miller began to walk towards the suspect as Detective Erikson guards Miller's back. Miller quickly pats down and searches for any weapon the suspect may use while being apprehended. As the suspect was handcuffed, he was brought towards the hood of the cruiser where frisking was continued. A wallet was found on his pocket and drivers license and ids where found namely Jeremy Watson. His miranda rights were read to him and he was taken to Mission Row Station for processing for Felony Reckless Evading.

Exhibit C - Mugshots Taken by LSPD Attached to Arrest Report

Subpart 5. Narrative.

The case against Jeremy Watson was taken by the District Attorney's Office following the arrest of Jeremy Watson by officers of the Los Santos Police Department on March 31st, 2021. The District Attorney's Office believes Jeremy Watson to be criminally liable for his actions, resulting in the aforementioned charges being brought against him by The People. The District Attorney's Office therefore petitions the Superior Court of San Andreas to arraign Jeremy Watson on these grounds. 

(( @Courtez @ThatGuy @Wright @ItsMelodyy ))

Subpart 6. Recommendation.

Parole Recommendation After Release

No

Grant Early Release

Yes

Release on Bail

Yes

Two Thousand Dollars

Subpart 7. Declaration.

I, Patrick Masterson, District Attorney for San Andreas affirm that the foregoing is accurate and true to the best of my knowledge and belief.

• Like 1

ybpo8xbw

SUPERIOR COURT OF SAN ANDREAS

Notice of Action

Court of San Andreas, District of Los Santos

Notice is hereby given that the People, in the above-named case, has filed a criminal complaint pleading against you. The complaint was filed with the Criminal Court of San Andreas on APRIL 1, 2021.

You are officially being charged with the following:

• § 309 - Failure to Yield to Emergency Vehicles

• § 404 - Evading an Officer in a Vehicle

• § 406 - Reckless Driving

• § 501 - Felony Reckless Evading

Within 72 hours, you must provide an answer, or response, to the claim(s) enclosed with this notice (attached to this notice). You must file your answer, in addition to any motions (if any), within that same time frame. If you fail to do so within the time frame, a default judgment will be entered against you. There will be one more attempt to contact you before the default judgment is entered.

Your response must contain your pleading in the matter, which could be one of the following:

Guilty

You plead guilty to some or all the crimes listed.

Not Guilty

You plead not guilty to some or all of the crimes listed, a will ensue.

No Contest

You do not formally plead guilty but you acknowledge the prosecution will likely prevail and choose not to contest the prosecution.

In addition, you may strike a plea deal with the prosecution, in which you can, for example, plead guilty for a lesser punishment.

(( @Courtez ))

** Kayiane Terzian, aspiring lawyer, strolls in and takes a seat in the visitor chamber of the courts. She'd sit quietly and generally seems interested in what is going on. **

Edited by UnoDosTres
  • Like 1

** Daniel Erikson walks into the court room in a black suit, walking to the visitor's bench on the plaintiff's side, and sitting down on the bench. **

* A thin manila envelope is sent to the Superior Court of San Andreas. Enclosed is below *

Your honor, I wish to plead not guilty to the charges listed in the notice. I would like to submit a motion to dismiss on the grounds that one of the officers present at my arrest was not of sound mind, and may have been under the influence of mind altering substances. I submit that the officer repeatedly asked me the same questions, as if he had forgotten the answer he received moments earlier, and was stumbling over his words when reading my miranda rights.

I have requested a state-appointed defense attorney, which I have also not received at this time, and am not sure if the incoherent officer simply forgot my request.

Thank you,

Jeremy Watson

• Haha 2
Posted (edited)

"Objection Your Honor,

Two officers conducted the arrest of Mister Watson, including a seasoned Detective, neither with any record of intoxication or substance abuse. Regardless, being asked the same question more than once is not grounds for dismissal, nor is stumbling over a Miranda Rights reading. 

Either way Your Honor, we both understand that the burden of proof when bringing accusations against the arresting officers is on the Defense. 

In regards of the state-appointed Attorney, it is not handled by the arresting officers either. That is a matter of the Superior Courts Public Defender's Office. It does seem like Mister Watson is already comfortable representing himself when making these outlandish statements against our Officers."

(( @ThatGuy @Courtez @Wright ))

Edited by Zebulon
spelling
  • Like 2

"No grounds for a Motion to Dismiss have been cited, therefor the motion is denied. Let's keep our composure moving forward, please. Yes, Mr. Watson is not a lawyer nor has he explicitly invoked his right for self representation, regardless of the lack of knowledge, let's not begin this verbal tit for tat with comments like "outlandish statements."

"The court will appoint a public defender to the case now that this information has come to light. In the meantime, bail is set at two thousand dollars."

(( The bail money, once sent to the Superior Court of San Andreas faction, will allow the character Jeremy Watson to be released from confinement for the duration of the trial. I am going to be having an interview with a prospective attorney for the Public Defender's Office within the next few hours from now, so hopefully we can get that ball moving quickly. ))

(( @Courtez @Zebulon ))

Edited by ThatGuy
  • Like 2

** Kayiane Terzian pushes herself up and heads out of the visitor seating area of the court-room.  She'd return many hours later donning professional attire and a small briefcase, she'd make her way the Defendants side of the courthouse and take a seat, then beam a smile to the judge and speak lightly into the microphone. ** 

"Your Honor. My name is Kayiane Terzian and I am the appointed public defendant for this case. I would like to request a recess in order to counsel my client regarding this case. "

(( @ThatGuy@Courtez))

• Like 2

*Irma Whitney peers over at Kayiane Terzian as she makes entry and later speaks, quickly following up in response, sounding relatively terse.*

"Court will be in recess. We will resume no later than 72 hours from now. If the prosecution and defense would additionally take this time to prepare any evidence submissions or motions so we can get that out of the way before opening statements, it would be appreciated. Everyone is dismissed."

(( @UnoDosTres @Zebulon - Also, if anyone would like to roleplay having a court case in game and everyone wants to coordinate a time that works, I'd be okay with that. We'd just have to prepare accordingly, such as if the witnesses are not able to attend, you'd have to examination and cross beforehand then present that along with your arguments later on, etc. ))

* Walden Anzovino runs into the courtroom suddenly, he looks around with a confused look on his face as he stops in his tracks. *

"Shit, sorry! Thought this was the bathroom."

* Walden Anzovino turns around and promptly runs out in search of the courthouse bathroom. *

Edited by ThatGuy
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
18 minutes ago, Munhausen said:

* Walden Anzovino runs into the courtroom suddenly, he looks around with a confused look on his face as he stops in his tracks. *

"Shit, sorry! Thought this was the bathroom."

* Walden Anzovino turns around and promptly runs out in search of the courthouse bathroom. *

*The court room would have been closed as per the request for recess.*

*Patrick Masterson re-takes his seat behind the Prosecution's desk, taking out his phone and crossing one leg over the other as he awaits the other actors in the case to be recalled.*

(( @ThatGuy @Courtez @UnoDosTres ))

*Patrick rises from his seat, straightening his suit jacket before addressing the bench and the room.*

"Your Honor,

This case is as straightforward as it gets, and the Prosecution feels that the evidence brought against the Defendant should be regarded as Prima Facie. Simply going through the evidence on-hand paints enough of a picture for the court to convict without a long, drawn-out back and forth.

On the 31st of March, Jeremy Watson was subject to a would-be traffic stop by Officers of the Los Santos Police Department, after being witnessed preforming dangerous maneuvers in his vehicle, had he decided to abide by the law and actually yield. 

Instead, Mr. Watson took the Officers on a dangerously fast joy-ride around the city, taking the liberty to mock officers, clearly acknowledging their presence, before finally stopping and attempting to meander away from the officers as if nothing had occurred. 

All of the above has been documented clearly by Officers involved. The Prosecution has no more to add at this time."

(( @UnoDosTres @ThatGuy @Courtez ))

Edited by Zebulon

*Kayiane Terzian pushes herself up upon seeing the prosecution finish their opening statements. She'd look around the room for a moment and compose herself before facing the bench and confidentially presenting her case. * 

"Your honor,

The prosecution is trying to make this court case already seem as if it is a loss cause for my client, Mr. Watson. We can all agree that my client was involved in an incident with the LSPD on the 31st of March. This is seen in the dashcam footage and what the Officer Miller and Detective Erickson said in the written affidavits . However, I argue that there is more to this case than what is just being told in these two pieces of evidence that were submitted.

What about the statements that my client made about the unprofessionalism of the officers during his arrest? Also, what led to the chase to happen in the first place? All of these questions will best be answered in cross examinations and witness testimony. In the interest of fair trials and the rights of my client, the defense strongly disagrees with the case being regarded as Prima Facie just because of written affidavits and dashcam that just show one side of the story and not the entire ordeal. 

The defense will conclude our opening statement with nothing more to add at the moment. "

(( @Zebulon@ThatGuy @Courtez ))

"Your Honor, is the Defense planning on making motions to dismiss? As it currently stands, there has been no submitted evidence to support this. 

In the very first line of their sworn affidavit, the reporting officers mention that while on 'a training patrol when suddenly a red Dewbauchee Rapid GT 3 with plates reading 2F2BE500 on Alta St. Pillbox hill head on passes the cruiser doing dangerous maneuvers.'

In response to this, they gave chase and the Defendant failed to yield which resulted in a high-speed dangerous pursuit et cetera, et cetera.

It seems as if the Defense has not brought with them after this recess, any kind of substantial grounds for a dismissal of the charges, nor are they attempting to argue the application of the law. By every indication, the Defense is going to attempt to discredit the Officers involved, which will be nearly impossible unless they can be found to be legitimately insane. Regardless, the video evidence would still stand, and that alone acts to validate the actions of officers on the 31st as beyond reasonable."

(( @ThatGuy @UnoDosTres @Courtez ))

"Even if the case was cut and dry, that does not negate the need for proof beyond a reasonable doubt nor does it mean that a defense cannot be made. If the defense wishes to make a complete defense and introduce more facts about the case, that is perfectly acceptable. Let's proceed in that direction as the defense has indicated."

(( @UnoDosTres @Zebulon ))

" Good afternoon Mister Watson,

Included in the documentation of your arrest is a sworn affidavit, with supporting video evidence. They indicate that on the 31st of March, Officers of the Los Santos Police Department attempted to initiate a traffic stop on a vehicle you were in control of. Do you deny being behind the wheel of a red Dewbauchee Rapid GT 3 with plates reading 2F2BE500 on that date?"

(( @Courtez @ThatGuy @UnoDosTres ))