Conkers

Nostalgia, playercount and a sincere goodbye

I've been part of this community for coming on 6 years at this point, i've been here since we hit 200+ players daily on the MTA server and i had great great fun. I've been here in the big DDoS scandal when Chaos took over from Maxime and he went off and got a real life.

When I first joined i was a younger fellow for sure, i defo did cringy shit, but i think the main thing is a lot of the people i used to play with are gone now, and thats why i never really joined OwlV, i have left RP in it's entirety at this point. I played a lot with @Dolt and @Piney back in the day, and then the countless people in JGC i had the pleasure of roleplaying with, notably @Exciter TBattle and @QueenC - it was a blast, but a lot of the people i used to play with, a lot of people who i spent hundreds of hours with on MTA, a decade old game at that point either dont play here, or dont play RP games at all. Adulting does get in the way occasionally.

OwlV has a good script, but from a basic business perspective, the supply is met with a rival product, GTA:W and the demand is low for something new. The way to grow something in a contested market is to do something bold, do something new, or something far better than the competition, i am hopeful that OwlV will get some wind behind its sails, because aside from the trolls which ruined the experience a bit at the end of MTAs lifecycle i can quite honestly say it was a blast.

This is probably one of the last times i'll use this forums account, unless somehow i become far less busy and come back to roleplay, University and real life have taken a toll for sure. I simply dont have the time that i used to. Nostalgia is a crippling thing, but im sure if i went back to my old PC back 6 years ago i wouldnt have near as much fun as i do now when i do get a bit of downtime, 144fps on raytraced titles is far more fun than 8fps on an MTA server.

Im sure my name at this point has been forgotten, as people have left, people forget, but to put it simply, i lagged, a lot. Rubberbanding was great fun.

See you around,

Katie Conkerway, or what i prefer to go by these days, George.

• Like 3

@Conkers Damn, just noticed me being tagged here while going through emails.
Been a long time since I last RPd in this community, but it was super fun, sad that all the fun stories and threads are gone now, but it was truly a fun time. I kinda owe my current career to the old MTA server, taught me so much about digital art! 

Dude, you've been a great pal to RP with and mess around with all over the years, your business mindset developed a ton and seeing all those ideas be realized was super cool. 
We would struggle and work a ton just to get a house for 4 people in some ghetto area at one point and fast forward a few years and we'd be trying to explore the limits of what was even possible on the server. Really fun times for sure! I've preserved it all in my memory and I've even put in a ton of easter eggs from the MTA server into my short film!

Do wish you the best of luck in life and all your endeavors! You're a great lad and can't wait to see how far you'll get in life!