VeX

Future of Owl?

24 minutes ago, Vubstersmurf said:

I'm all for feedback, however we haven't had a jail system since beginning of 2017 and I can easily state we prefer giving players chances instead of resulting in bans. We also had a leniency policy that gave numerous people a chance at being able to get unbanned. We haven't done bans for an awful long time unless it called for it (Aka Random death matching). You stated yourself you quit the server an awful long time ago, so I can say yes it has changed.  Our whole goal is to give players a better experience and help them during their time on the server. We get a lot of good feedback from everyone who does play, yes our PB is small but is expanding.

Hope that answers your feedback. TLDR, we don't have jails anymore, we give more chances to players in terms of roleplay or breaking rules, and only extend to a ban for very serious offences just like most servers should do.

I returned in 2018 or 19 if I'm not mistaken and got a one-year forum ban request denied twice LOL

Nothing has changed, but keep telling yourself that. Enjoy your server guys. No one is willing to see the problem.

When I was in FMT I was singled out for having a different opinion. This entire server is a bit of a circlejerk if we're being honest. Either way, said what I had to say.

9 minutes ago, Valkyr said:

Gonna expand that last point a bit

We dont hate players, we do give them leniency and many chances, and DO know and remember if someone repetitively breaks rules(aKa trolls or whatnot), generally if there is some smaller rules broken a simple "hey you mind not doing that" and explaining to them what they did suffices, if the player is willing to understand what has been done wrong, we have all been players before being admins and know what being treated like ass feels like, and try to actively prevent it from happening to others, treat others how you want to be treated. Were all just trying to create a good environment for people to enjoy good RP on afterall.

There are good and bad admins, but ultimately there's so many bad experiences that led many people to quit because of poor administration including me and my older faction members. Maybe things did change, but there's nothing that compels people to return to a community that treated them terribly.

13 hours ago, Mills said:

I returned in 2018 or 19 if I'm not mistaken and got a one-year forum ban request denied twice LOL

Nothing has changed, but keep telling yourself that. Enjoy your server guys. No one is willing to see the problem.

When I was in FMT I was singled out for having a different opinion. This entire server is a bit of a circlejerk if we're being honest. Either way, said what I had to say.

There are good and bad admins, but ultimately there's so many bad experiences that led many people to quit because of poor administration including me and my older faction members. Maybe things did change, but there's nothing that compels people to return to a community that treated them terribly.

Most admins on Owl are very inactive in-game. It's really only QueenC, Vubs and Mel. I'm personally waiting for any kind of admin application to open, as i might apply myself into that.

The admins that are in-game usually just RP. They help out when people need help, nothing more, nothing less.

• Like 1
20 hours ago, Mills said:

but ultimately there's so many bad experiences that led many people to quit because of poor administration including me and my older faction members. Maybe things did change, but there's nothing that compels people to return to a community that treated them terribly.

I am sorry that you feel this way, however dwelling by the bad incidents done in the past will not do any good. The administration team is way different from what it was on MTA. We got a lot of new faces in the UAT, and generally a new admin team. I am almost certain that you will barely find anyone on the admin team from the MTA era. 

6 hours ago, xLeicy said:

Most admins on Owl are very inactive in-game. It's really only QueenC, Vubs and Mel. I'm personally waiting for any kind of admin application to open, as i might apply myself into that.

The admins that are in-game usually just RP. They help out when people need help, nothing more, nothing less.

Admins are more active than people realizes, however, we are not mind readers so if people don't post reports we are not aware that they need help. Admins are supposed to do exactly what you said, RP, and provide help when they are needed usually notified via the report system so I don't see an issue with that.  

Regarding the admin application, when it opens you are more than welcome to apply.  - Also thanks for the special mention ❤️ 

On 2/2/2021 at 5:09 PM, QueenC said:

I am sorry that you feel this way, however dwelling by the bad incidents done in the past will not do any good. The administration team is way different from what it was on MTA. We got a lot of new faces in the UAT, and generally a new admin team. I am almost certain that you will barely find anyone on the admin team from the MTA era. 

Admins are more active than people realizes, however, we are not mind readers so if people don't post reports we are not aware that they need help. Admins are supposed to do exactly what you said, RP, and provide help when they are needed usually notified via the report system so I don't see an issue with that.  

Regarding the admin application, when it opens you are more than welcome to apply.  - Also thanks for the special mention ❤️ 

Miss u queenC u sxc thang

• Haha 1