[Vehicles] - "Fixed"/Updated Mod Shops.

OwlGaming.png

Script Suggestion

What would be the name of the script(s)?-

"Fixed"/Updated Mod Shops.

What kind of script(s) are you suggesting?-
Vehicles

What is the suggestion?-
A cleaned up modshop, primarily UI things and ease-of-access to different modifications.

To explain my point, I'll make an example of my first time interacting with the in-game modshop on a motorcycle.
While the user interface is easy enough to use, and you can easily navigate around it - the categories get messy, especially on motorcycles. I do not recall what category did what at this point in time, but I recall things such as "Fender" being connected with the seat, "spoiler" was the oil tank, and whatnot. It certainly works well for four-wheeled vehicles, but it gets very messy to try and modify your motorcycle when you have to guess your way through the categories. Likewise, if you change something on your vehicle but want to revert the changes, simply exiting the modshop keeps the changes last done to your car, regardless if you paid for them or not. I.e. wheels on cars. I had a look through the car wheels, and I reverted back to 0 (default), which instead gave me another type of wheel than what is standard on the car. I exited out of the modshop, and the change persisted. To remedy this, I had to go into the modshop and click my way through the numbers until I found the standard wheels, and buy them for 00 instead.

My suggestion is, in short:
Clean up the modshop, make the categories easier to navigate and create a different system for motorcycles. Perhaps the script can check what vehicle you're in, and unlock features/modifications accordingly? Make sure changes that are done in the modshop won't persist if you back out of the vehicle shop, and that all values on 0 are stock on the vehicle model.

What are the advantages?-
It'll help people modify their vehicles, as modding won't be as much of a guesswork as it can be at times.

What are the disadvantages?-

The implementation might be difficult, depending on if a new script is made or if an already existing script is imported. I know little of GTAV scripts, so I am not the one to ask.

Do you have any resources to support our scripters in making said suggestion?-
Sadly, I lack any scripts as of now.

How would you go about implementing this idea?-
Keep the modshops as they are, and let the scripters test out their new solutions. Settle on a script that does what's asked, in this case "simplify" the process of modding vehicles - cleaning up the UI, and adapt the modshop to the vehicle presented (differentiate between motorcycle, car, type, and what mods are available to the vehicle). Once everything's settled, bugtest the script to make sure it doesn't break somewhere, and once everything's done - ship it out to the public.

• Like 1

This is already something on my personal TODO list.

The idea is to completely remove the current modshop and replace it with a player mechanic job like we had on MTA.
With this, I also intend to allow for more modification when it comes to RPM/Engine power multipliers. Traction and all that good stuff. This would mean that every vehicle would feel different when driving it if you have done modifications to it.

I will be discussing this further this weekend during the developers meeting.