GioSerpo

[General] - Update the Owl Launcher or update the Documentation to not link to it

OwlGaming.png

Script Suggestion

What would be the name of the script(s)?-

Update the Owl Launcher or update the Documentation to not link to it

What kind of script(s) are you suggesting?-
General

What is the suggestion?-
Not as much of a script suggestion as it is a website/launcher suggestion. As it stands, the documentation links to the outdated Owl V Launcher, which has confused at least two people that I know of. I think that either the Owl V launcher be updated so there aren't issues with people who are running the Epic Games version of GTA V (which, both people who I've assisted have had) and to prevent it from creating the enable clientside cs text file as it's un needed anymore, or the Owl V Launcher be scrapped entirely. I also think that if we're going to keep the Owl V launcher the documentation pages need to be updated to state that if people are able to connect to other servers in RageMP then, the Owl V launcher is not required.

What are the advantages?-
Prevents confusion and issues caused by the fact that it is outdated currently.

What are the disadvantages?-

None that I can think of.

Do you have any resources to support our scripters in making said suggestion?-
Not specifically.

How would you go about implementing this idea?-
Personally, I'd scrap the launcher altogether, and remove the section for it from the documentation, as it's essentially irrelevant now. I would also look into updating the documentation with fixes for current common bugs, such as deleting client resources if your game crashes on spawn.

• Like 1

Agreed. Really no need anymore for the launcher because the creation of `enable_clientside_cs.txt` is obsolete