[General] - Illegal trucker

OwlGaming.png

Script Suggestion

What would be the name of the script(s)?-

Illegal trucker

What kind of script(s) are you suggesting?-
General

What is the suggestion?-
Since we already have a postal job I toughed it would be fun to add a little excitement to it. I'm suggesting an Illegal trucking job (delivery job)

The Illegal trucker job allows you to transport different illegal cargo around the map to earn money. You buy cargo from a TBD location and at the end of the route, the person driving the truck will receive a payout in either Cash, Gun parts, Drugs. depending on what shipment the player has chosen.

Once you get in the truck you will be prompted with a message which allows you to chose what kind of shipment you want to do. ex. Gun run or a drug run. You then start driving to a designated location (which can be random at all times to prevent cops from staking out one location) where you pick-up your illegal goods. You then start delivering the chosen goods to a random location at the end of the route you will be rewarded in Cash & Materials let's say gun parts (to assembly a gun when you have the required parts) or in drugs, depending on the chosen run.

What are the advantages?-
This will create more roleplay with delivery trucks and cops. Since one can be a legal delivery and the other one might contain some illegal goods.

It also adds more excitement while doing a delivery run.

It can create more faction roleplay.

What are the disadvantages?-

When the locations are publicly known, it can be used for OOC purposes. Ex hijackers, cops, etc.

Do you have any resources to support our scripters in making said suggestion?-
I do not.

How would you go about implementing this idea?-
Hoping that the development has a few tricks up their sleeves.

Edited by DanielH

This should be done through roleplay within illegal factions rather than turning it into a script job. Script jobs like the GoPostal delivery driver and bus driver are only there to help you until you're able to settle into factions and focus on roleplay rather than grinding for cash. Making it a script job will also make it available to every single character and with that, people will go for contraband deliveries rather than normal deliveries because it'd offer more money (Higher risk, higher rewards) even though their characters aren't for illegal purposes and they're doing it solely for the head start in funds. 

There's legal factions which already do logistics and deliveries, the means to do it on the illegal side are already there, there's no need for a script.   

Edited by DxRK
  • Like 1
Just now, Vubstersmurf said:

I am sure we can incorporate more of this kind of thing via FT events 😁

We can if people wish to do these types of deliveries we can figure out a way for it to happen without it being a script 

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, Incredible said:

If it becomes a script thing, hell no. It will be a RPG server. 
This has to be forbidden, no way it should be implemented. Sorry.

It would be made into FT roleplay events, not script side since it could potentially be abused and isn't as fun as it could be predictable :)

15 hours ago, DxRK said:

This should be done through roleplay within illegal factions rather than turning it into a script job. Script jobs like the GoPostal delivery driver and bus driver are only there to help you until you're able to settle into factions and focus on roleplay rather than grinding for cash.

I strongly believe this will only Improve the roleplay in general meaning. Having this as an extra job will give factions, such as LSPD an extra thing to do on a daily basis, performing car stops and searching the inventory of the vehicle for possible illegal goods, checking licenses, etc. You can also perhaps in the future of the script make it so that illegal shipments can only be dropped of at points controlled by a mafia faction, giving them materials after a successful delivery in order to assemble guns.

You also mentioned "griding for cash" I'm not saying payouts need to be extreme, all I said was that it should be worth your while. I believe there are options without breaking the economy, and still make it profitable.

15 hours ago, DxRK said:

people will go for contraband deliveries rather than normal deliveries because it'd offer more money (Higher risk, higher rewards) even though their characters aren't for illegal purposes

If a player wants to develop his character in a legal way, it isn't smart to do these kinds of deliveries. If they get caught by the PD then they would have a record. Hench, there are people doing legal work in real life doing not so legal things as a side hustle.

15 hours ago, Vubstersmurf said:

I am sure we can incorporate more of this kind of thing via FT events

You should elaborate more on this. not sure how one single FT event can generate more roleplay on a daily basis.

14 hours ago, Incredible said:

If it becomes a script thing, hell no. It will be a RPG server. 
This has to be forbidden, no way it should be implemented. Sorry.

Not the kind of input I expected. Also not sure how this will affect the soul purpose of the server.

This definitely will bring more RP and fun to a job, for the RP cause PD can do more trafic stops, while checking the cargo.
As for the players it will be exciting to drive around with illegal cargo, and ofcourse it earns a bit more. +1

• Like 1

Well instead of using actual illegal assets, add an option that adds more weight than you're actually allowed to transport inside of a van. 

For example:

Legal >>>> Transport 50L of fuel
Illegal >>>>> Transport 85L of fuel

Idk, you get the idea.
But there should never, and I repeat, never an option to transport guns or drugs or w/e and you getting some off it as well.

2 hours ago, Incredible said:

Well instead of using actual illegal assets, add an option that adds more weight than you're actually allowed to transport inside of a van. 

For example:

Legal >>>> Transport 50L of fuel
Illegal >>>>> Transport 85L of fuel

Idk, you get the idea.
But there should never, and I repeat, never an option to transport guns or drugs or w/e and you getting some off it as well.

I'm not quite sure you have read my suggestion right. I haven't mentioned anything about receiving a gun after just one successful delivery, I've only mentioned gun-parts. Let's take a Glock 17 for an example this gun consist of 37 parts to assemble divided into 5 main groups, the barrel, slide, frame, magazine, and recoil-spring assembly.

If a player successfully delivers an illegal shipment to the designated location the player can be rewarded with one part within one of the 5 main groups. if the player has all five groups complete the player can then assembly the gun.

The payout for gun parts can be randomized in order to keep it interesting. Also, this will create a whole other level of roleplay when I'm thinking about it.

2 minutes ago, DanielH said:

I'm not quite sure you have read my suggestion right. I haven't mentioned anything about receiving a gun after just one successful delivery, I've only mentioned gun-parts. Let's take a Glock 17 for an example this gun consist of 37 parts to assemble divided into 5 main groups, the barrel, slide, frame, magazine, and recoil-spring assembly.

If a player successfully delivers an illegal shipment to the designated location the player can be rewarded with one part within one of the 5 main groups. if the player has all five groups complete the player can then assembly the gun.

The payout for gun parts can be randomized in order to keep it interesting. Also, this will create a whole other level of roleplay when I'm thinking about it.

No, that's just unrealistic in my point of view. If I go work for DHL I won't be getting gunparts. 
I strongly disagree with you, sorry.

6 minutes ago, Incredible said:

No, that's just unrealistic in my point of view. If I go work for DHL I won't be getting gunparts. 
I strongly disagree with you, sorry.

Ha! I understand your point of view, unfortunately, you and I aren't on the same page. I appreciated the feedback you've been giving. let's leave this open for discussion for others.

• Like 1

It really shouldn't be made into a script, you're trying to solve a problem that doesn't exist. Turning this into a script, accessible to anyone makes this extremely RPG-ish, especially if you're then suggesting that "After X amount of successful deliveries, you'll be rewarded with "Item A" and once you have enough of "Item A", you can craft "Item B" such as a gun. 

You've already got everything needed in the server to be able to do this purely through roleplay, without the requirement of a script. This can all be done within illegal factions and can even be encouraged by FT with special events. 

Doing this purely through roleplay will actually lead to even more roleplay situations than just having it as a script. With illegal deliveries of contraband such as narcotics and guns between factions, it can lead to an increase or decrease in tension between them, the deliveries can be successful or go missing due to various different factors opposed to  just : "The delivery truck got pulled over by police and the delivery was unsuccessful" if the script was implemented. The delivery driver could go against their faction and steal or skim off the product being delivered if that is their intention which once again, leads to even more roleplay situations within factions and between players, not just between delivery drivers and cops. 

There's 👏 nothing 👏 stopping 👏 you 👏 from 👏 doing 👏 this 👏 in-game 👏 right 👏 now 👏 without 👏 a 👏 script 👏

Edited by DxRK
  • Like 1
1 minute ago, DxRK said:

It really shouldn't be made into a script, you're trying to solve a problem that doesn't exist. Turning this into a script, accessible to anyone makes this extremely RPG-ish, especially if you're then suggesting that "After X amount of successful deliveries, you'll be rewarded with "Item A" and once you have enough of "Item A", you can craft "Item B" such as a gun. 

You've already got everything needed in the server to be able to do this purely through roleplay, without the requirement of a script. This can all be done within illegal factions and can even be encouraged by FT with special events. 

Doing this purely through roleplay will actually lead to even more roleplay situations than just having it as a script. With illegal deliveries of contraband such as narcotics and guns between factions, it can lead to an increase or decrease in tension between them, the deliveries can be successful or go missing due to various different factors opposed to  just : "The delivery truck got pulled over by police and the delivery was unsuccessful" if the script was implemented. The delivery driver could go against their faction and steal or skim off the product being delivered if that is their intention which once again, leads to even more roleplay situations within factions and between players, not just between delivery drivers and cops. 

There's 👏 nothing 👏 stopping 👏 you 👏 from 👏 doing 👏 this 👏 in-game 👏 right 👏 now 👏 without 👏 a 👏 script 👏

straight up this