[Items] - Aim Dot

OwlGaming.png

Script Suggestion

What would be the name of the script(s)?-

Aim Dot

What kind of script(s) are you suggesting?-
Items

What is the suggestion?-
I suggest taking away the dot when aiming in on 3rd person.

What are the advantages?-
-Makes players have to use sights when aiming.
-Makes it harder for players to do drive-bys instead of just pointing the dot and shooting someone in the head while moving.

What are the disadvantages?-

None I can think of

Do you have any resources to support our scripters in making said suggestion?-
N/A

How would you go about implementing this idea?-
N/A

• Like 1

I know it can be done client side in options. Not sure about server side, but if so, go for it.  It'll force one to have actual skill instead of easy headshots all the time I figure. 

While it does take a bit of skill to get headshots while you and the target are moving, it's actually easier than one might think. GTA V does still use a hitscan ballistics system, so, the "bullet" is going to hit wherever that dot is aiming when you pull the trigger, so, provided that the sync is good and both players in question have a similar ping, then if one players dot is on the other players head when the trigger is pulled, then headshot. Now, getting said dot on the head is all that takes skill, but, for most gamers, especially those with a keyboard and mouse, that's not even really an issue. Not saying it takes 0 skill, but as long as the dot is there to show the shooters where the bullet is actually going to land, then it don't take much at all... That said, you remove the dot, forcing people to aim down the sights, it does two things positively. One, it raises the skill level needed to perform such headshots, and two, it adds to the realism. Is it going to make the gangbangers that make the videos that @rosemarie was talking about worse shooters? Probably not by much, but what it DOES do is adds an extra step that needs to be taken before actually shooting. At the end of the day, a hitscan system is a hitscan system, and using a 3rd person dot to help you aim, or using sights or a scope to help you aim will have similar results. Dot on the head (from 3rd person or 1st person scope) or iron sights on the head don't matter too much, cause the bullets gonna hit wherever it's aimed. Now, do I agree with implementing this? Yea I do. Implement it. Lots of people out there are good at shooting in 3rd person and not so good at shooting in 1st person, it can be a big difference in some cases. I also think it adds a touch of realism to the server. Are people going to abuse it and blind fire in 3rd person anyway? probably, but it's less likely that they'll be getting headshots that way, it's less likely that they'll even be able to hit their target at all. 

yeah would be quite an addition for all the immersion freaks, but it honestly doesn't make much difference since there's monitors with built-in crosshairs nowadays and those good ole ghetto DIY sticky note shenanigans aren't far out the reach either. honestly just quite unneeded and easy as fuck to exploit since there's no proper way to fight against it.

Edited by KLIPPAN

Yeah well that would be interesting addition if we talk about shootouts (eyyyy *insert that the wire shootout video here*) but like Klippan mentioned there's quite a few ways to go around it. So peeps will continue to be John Wick no matter what at this point