[Vehicles] - GPS trackers for vehicles

OwlGaming.png

Script Suggestion

What would be the name of the script(s)?-

GPS trackers for vehicles

What kind of script(s) are you suggesting?-
Vehicles

What is the suggestion?-
The suggestion is GPS trackers for vehicles, where, if a vehicle has one on it, the owner can see where on the map his or her vehicle is. It could work similarly to the transmission script, where not every car has one, and once the RP is done to install one, it can be set in the database. The units could be disabled if the car was stolen, and the RP was done to properly disable it.

What are the advantages?-
More work for mechanics to be able to do, RP possibilities for finding a lost car, options to have to look into when deciding to steal a car, RP for criminals to do if they decide to steal a car with a tracker.

What are the disadvantages?-

None that I can think of.

Do you have any resources to support our scripters in making said suggestion?-
The manual transmissions script could be looked at to get an idea for how to implement it.

How would you go about implementing this idea?-
I'd look at the manual transmission script to find out how the command to set a vehicle with one works, then using that same principal, I'd add the code needed to put a blip at the cars location IF it had a tracker.

• Like 4

I like the idea. I'd rather have it to where you can ping the car using an app on your phone. And not have the vehicles show up on the map all the time.

+1

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Qainer said:

I like the idea. I'd rather have it to where you can ping the car using an app on your phone. And not have the vehicles show up on the map all the time.

+1

+1 with this. Maybe allow the vehicle track to be shared among players whom the owner allows, this way, if the vehicle is report stolen, the cops have a way to follow an active ping and see it on their screens.

• Like 1

On 9/2/2020 at 6:03 AM, Qainer said:

+1

21 hours ago, Excyted25 said:

+1 with this. Maybe allow the vehicle track to be shared among players whom the owner allows, this way, if the vehicle is report stolen, the cops have a way to follow an active ping and see it on their screens.

I actually like the idea of doing it like this better than I like my original idea. I still think the tracker should be installed by a mechanic, but, once installed, you could load the app, and the app could have features like which car of yours are you looking for, would you like to temporarily share the ping with someone, and how long do you want the ping to last. Also, if someone is pinging it, and the tracker gets removed or disabled, the blip would go away.

Edited by GioSerpo

39 minutes ago, GioSerpo said:

I actually like the idea of doing it like this better than I like my original idea. I still think the tracker should be installed by a mechanic, but, once installed, you could load the app, and the app could have features like which car of yours are you looking for, would you like to temporarily share the ping with someone, and how long do you want the ping to last. Also, if someone is pinging it, and the tracker gets removed or disabled, the blip would go away.

Oh yes, I agree 100% that players should have to go through role play reason to get the tracker installed.

The ping should only be visable when the engine is on. Else it will ping the last location where the vehicle was with it's engine on? Assuming a tracking device needs power.

Not sure how this works IRL. They might have a battery in them that get's recharged by the engine?