[License plates] - New Rule

OwlGaming.png

Rule Discussion

Subject:

License plates

I want to...:

New Rule

Elaboration:

I know it's a donator thing, and I know donations help the server and we don't want to limit the donators to something. However, when someone wants to have a custom plate name, I do believe it should remain within the server's RP standards. So a vehicle driving around with the license plate "Fuck12" is a bit unrealistic as the DMV would not issue that. I believe that license plate should remain with no offensive languages and obscene wordage.

• Like 2

Always down for rules that pushes better player experience. Yet, just a random question wasn't there any rules for PD that allows to punish players such as these? (at least around a presumption that the car does not meet to be road ready? :D)

4 minutes ago, Effect said:

Always down for rules that pushes better player experience. Yet, just a random question wasn't there any rules for PD that allows to punish players such as these? (at least around a presumption that the car does not meet to be road ready? :D)

As in punish by charging with a crime, no. So, if the license plate is on and it's registered and the owner is driving it. At this point in time, it can say anything it wants to without any repercussions.

• Like 1
3 hours ago, Effect said:

There's really no IC method if of preventing this, because it's not quite the same as a vanity plate IRL where the DMV has an automatically applied list of restrictions of certain plate numbers. It's also not illegal or anything like that, however, common sense dictates that there would be restrictions to some degree.

3 hours ago, Excyted25 said:

As in punish by charging with a crime, no. So, if the license plate is on and it's registered and the owner is driving it. At this point in time, it can say anything it wants to without any repercussions.

We're looking into a script modification at the moment, thanks to @Yannick to adjust this so that admins have the tools to deal with silly license plate numbers, but not also remove that person's donator perk. The idea right now is that we'd reset the license plate to a randomly generated one but also give them the option to re-choose a custom license plate that wasn't unrealistic.

We hope given our current scripting schedule that this will absolve your suggestion @Excyted25 - thanks for the idea!

• Like 2