GioSerpo

[Items] - Writeable Books (like were in MTA)

OwlGaming.png

Script Suggestion

What would be the name of the script(s)?-

Writeable Books (like were in MTA)

What kind of script(s) are you suggesting?-
Items

What is the suggestion?-
Making this, because I was surprised that it isn't already on the todo list, and I know there are a lot of people who have been talking about needing something like this. Essentially, books you can write IG, like we had in MTA. You could write to them, and it'd save the text, You could eventually close them out to make them not be writable any more. They could be used for a multitude of things to enhance RP, such as IG applications, documents, diaries, journals, and the like. Increases quality of RP and RP possibilities. Could even have an IG book publishing faction (however, the ability to copy books would be needed for that) and have famous writers as a new thing people could do.

What are the advantages?-
Increases quality of RP
Increases RP Possibilities

What are the disadvantages?-

none that I know of

Do you have any resources to support our scripters in making said suggestion?-
no

How would you go about implementing this idea?-
Script it?

I like the idea. I don't think this is a high priority thing to do though. 

• Like 1

Agreed, it's not high priority, but, its still something we need sooner or later.

• Like 1

At least with notes coming soon we have some way to create text content persistently in the server (obvs dont want a book of content though)

• Like 2
15 hours ago, Chaos said:

At least with notes coming soon we have some way to create text content persistently in the server (obvs dont want a book of content though)

I want to write the 'Chronicles of Crimstone Hoover Mafia'

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
On 7/16/2020 at 2:45 AM, Chaos said:

Books were pretty good though in MTA not just for RP sake but from an administrative standpoint. Example on my Cartel character I owned a heavy duty safe which had a ton of information that needed to be in the interior notes however due to the word limit all the information couldn't go in the admin note so all the information was put into a book which was stored outside of the interior walls so admins could check the interior note, see that there was a book and then go check the book. 

Also from an RP perspective books were good for jotting down notes ICly :P

• Like 2

@Alstanbery ikr, lol. On a positive, there are actual notes now, which, ik for a PI, that takes a ton of inventory space, but it's a start, so that's a plus.

@GioSerpoI also liked the idea that if someone were to get ahold of the notebook they would have access to a bunch of information involving the game world. :)

Also i'm not sure if the notes actually take up space but they do crowd up the UI and make it hard to manage.