Sign in to follow this  
ShadowSix

RAGEMP Launcher Rollback

Hello kids, today on episode of Modding with Red, I'm going to teach you how to rollback your RageMP launcher. I know some of are you now wondering:

"Ahyuck hwy would I doe thayut?"

Well my inbred friend, there are some modifications that are RAGE side instead of game client side, but due to rage being updated to this newer version, no longer work, and only worked with the older version.

I figure this is likely to be a temporary thing as I'm sure someone down the line will be able to fiddle with things to where they'll work with the latest version(s) of the launcher. Or not, whatever.

To re-enable the old setup you need to open up your config.xml that's in your rage directory with Notepad or any other text editing software. 
You should see a line that says:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<channel>prerelease</channel>

To fix this and to reenable mods, replace the syntax above with this:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<channel>oldprerelease</channel>

To make sure that your mods are installed, it would be worth reinstalling the DLC packs because Rage's new update purges mods that aren't used.

Presto-chango, all betteh. And if you wanted to go back to using the newer/latest version of the launcher, just undo what you did there, that's all.

• Like 1