[General] - Addiction

OwlGaming.png

Script Suggestion

What would be the name of the script(s)?-

Addiction

What kind of script(s) are you suggesting?-
General

What is the suggestion?-
Adding an addiction meter or gauge or some sort? Perhaps it could work in a way that, if your char smokes weed, does any other sort of drugs or drink alcohol or smoke cigarettes to a certain degree over a certain amount of time, they could develop an addiction/gain the meter. That goes up slowly over time, and they'll need to use that substance to keep the meter down. If the meter maxes out, it'll slowly start chipping away at HP or something perhaps. Or maybe...the camera could blur or ...get impaired in some way. Or something else, I don't know.

What are the advantages?-
RPing addiction of substances

What are the disadvantages?-

Some may not be interested in such a thing, or mayhap too "close to home" for them? I don't know. Or maybe some people may not care enough. It's just a thought though.

Do you have any resources to support our scripters in making said suggestion?-
Nopers

How would you go about implementing this idea?-
I duno. I'm not much help there, I know.

• Like 2

I think this would be a complicated system for the scripters to create, however, it would be pretty cool to have an addiction script. I think it'd give drug use and needs a whole different stage of needing. Drugs would then be required by "tweakers" thus making the drug business for dealers and bosses more beneficial. +1

I would think that drug addiction system could simply simulate withdrawal (flashing colors)  yet, what I am concerned, people are not exactly using drugs as of now, considering they do not offer any of advantages, so giving a system which would negatively try and impact them might push players even further more from buying them x.x

Drug addiction and withdrawal presents itself in a very varied way and while it has typical symptoms, unique ones appear and it is very individual

I suggest a meter to remind the player to roleplay it, but to not impair the player or character in a way that forces you to do it in a certain way

I like the idea but maybe people should just roleplay the addiction. It's a roleplayer server afterall.

But if it would be implemented it would force people to roleplay the addiction. And provide FD and PD some more roleplay opportunities whenever the addict doesn't get a shot.

Edited by Qainer
10 hours ago, Qainer said:

I like the idea but maybe people should just roleplay the addiction. It's a roleplayer server afterall.

But if it would be implemented it would force people to roleplay the addiction. And provide FD and PD some more roleplay opportunities whenever the addict doesn't get a shot.

+1