Sign in to follow this  

Topic of Economy

Just wanted to start a topic on the economy of the server, so far from my experience I feel like economy is the core for a server, other than Role Play people wish to had some sort of

status through wealth but if wealth is in a way easy to obtain, the economy loses all face and people no longer will interact one to another for exchange of valuable items or assets.

For example I want to start a faction which will be a security company but I have no idea where I should pull pricing from because every job pretty much pays the same and is the same, businesses make

no money at all. My biggest earnings currently are from the welfare check, other than grinding GoPostal for hours.

I just want to see where the community stands with a transparent and fair economy for this server.

p.s. I finished business management so I'm just curious.

Gotta agree on a few points you've made actually.

It's relatively easy to obtain wealth. Specially if you grind scripted jobs on high level. Which might grow into unbalanced economy in a long term, but I assume people just lack of ways to "waste money" in general and that is why most of us are sitting on a huge pile of cash. 

Plus, economy is dynamic so I just assume that when we get a bigger influx of new players they'll just adapt and offer pricing which might reflect a current state of it...

Players in factions tend to do well money wise, better than the scripted jobs. You said that your highest income is your welfare check so are you not in a faction? Or are you trying to start a business? What exactly are you asking about here? I'd want to improve the income that independent business can make but there is not much they can sell that differentiates them from the NPC businesses.

I just want to try and see how people view virtual game economies and do they even care or bother with it.

As an example currently you can do jobs that in no way impact the economy in a positive or a negative way and to add the jobs actually increase your earnings substantially

with the same repetitive effort and pretty much no Role Play requirement(in a way that you can do it without interacting with anyone).

Jobs as such are okay for testing but they need to be put in place where players actually control the supply and demand, if that does not occur then

you simply increase the bubble of the economy and to put it in plain English, a bottle of water will cost $1000 because money will lose value and as of recent

update the starting money was already increased because of such economical bubble in the server.

Some of you will of course respond in a way, who cares its just a game, yes it is but why not have a realistic and dynamic economy with it where more unique

Role Play could occur with actual manufacturing, producing and trade. One of the main reasons for society to coexist is because of trade and currently there is no trade.

As a new player when you join the server you can straight away own a house and a super car, do a job quickly for a while and earn such a high paycheck that you can

purchase a mansion for credit, which is fine but the current jobs are just too simple and too easy. Think of jobs as a mini-game within the game, that awards you virtual

money to be able to boast IC with your vehicles, businesses, houses and more. You want to feel a sense of achievement instead of having everything handed to you because

when you have everything, you miss out on the road of achievement which bores a player in a long-run and well, just makes them leave. If you do not agree with this then

you are one of the few who like everything handed on a plate without struggle.

I feel like we need an economy system that is dynamic and everyone should give their input in building one, in a way that it does not benefit someone directly but instead

benefits the community in general with equal and fair opportunities for new and existing players.