VeX

Illegal Scripted Jobs

Yes or No?  

11 members have voted

1. 1. Should we?

• No
    • Yes

Suggestion: Illegal Scripted Jobs

Explanation: Like the regular scripted jobs, I think we should have some illegal ones to do, ones that play alot of money, higher than the regular scripted jobs, but you could be arrested if caught doing them by Law Enforcement. Not only that, but these jobs would only be available if a certain number of police officers were online, and perhaps you could only do a certain number in a set time-frame.

I've had a few ideas for these types of jobs - for example;

- Drug Trafficking for an NPC crime organization (You're given a package and asked to take it somewhere on the map for a reward, upon arrival you have to wait 2 minutes in which police are notified about 'suspcious activity' in a set search region around the marker, then they'd have to 'Search' that area to try find you.

- Robbery (NPC crime Orgiization sends you to a store on the map for you to steal from, you'd have to RP holding it up ect and have to wait while the clerk empties the register - meanwhile police are notified ect)
These are just two ideas, but i'm sure you could think of some better ones.    

- Hood Ornament Theft - You go around to cars and do a command and you're put in an animation and have to wait a few seconds while a /ame is shown about your head about the action's your taking to remove car hood ornaments. You can do this to several vehicles then send them to a factory or something to be melted down or sold. Each ornament generates a specific amount of money depending on the class of car it is taken from. Some vehicles like bikes ect wouldn't have them.

Edited by VeX
  • Like 1

The reason that scripted jobs are created aren't to make a living off of. Scripted jobs are there for players to get a head start and make easy money, so they are able to continuously develop their characters. Making illegal NPC jobs would basically remove the whole purpose of roleplaying and illegal factions, as players would be able to just join and make "a lot" of money from just going to an NPC (not to mention the rate it will be abused when no police are on). 

If you want to get into drug trafficking, create a faction. FT and the virtual market are there to help. If you want to rob a store, you can simply just rob a store and have an admin there to play as the NPC. However, having illegally scripted job NPC's removes a lot of the RP aspect and leans it more toward RPG.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, JohnM said:

The reason that scripted jobs are created aren't to make a living off of. Scripted jobs are there for players to get a head start and make easy money, so they are able to continuously develop their characters. Making illegal NPC jobs would basically remove the whole purpose of roleplaying and illegal factions, as players would be able to just join and make "a lot" of money from just going to an NPC (not to mention the rate it will be abused when no police are on). 

If you want to get into drug trafficking, create a faction. FT and the virtual market are there to help. If you want to rob a store, you can simply just rob a store and have an admin there to play as the NPC. However, having illegally scripted job NPC's removes a lot of the RP aspect and leans it more toward RPG.

I disagree, people who want to develop their characters as criminals, this would be a good (more realistic) way to start off their characters, without them having to go get a job as a bus driver, ect which wouldn't make sense for an Eastern European Illegal Immigrant to be driving a bus, would it? And by 'A LoT' of money I mean more than the legal jobs pay. This feature would work if it was restricted in its use. And I very much doubt that this feature would make the game more like an RPG. My suggestion can be changed or adapted differently. Maybe illegal factions will give out the jobs, who knows? All i'm suggesting is something more immersive for those illegal roleplayers who are just starting out, and perhaps don't want to associate with any factions. Think Lone-Wolf type.

• Like 1

I don't know, personally I am on the fence here. Considering that Vex and John did made a few fair arguments in regards to all of this.
But honestly, I wouldn't mind if illegal side was shown some love, but we have to take it very very cautious and I wouldn't exactly support "Jobs" idea that could be easily farmed and causing havoc all around the server not to mention abused when we do not have cops on 24/7. If anything, said "jobs" should be still initiated by admins and admins only.

Drug trafficking for example sounds alright. Maybe weekly or monthly could through command initiate an NPC call for faction leader giving him a GPS location where a group should deliver drugs? (It could really work AS VeX described) YET! I would cut down on the money (Give out like 60-70% value of said drugs?) That could somewhat help to keep a control over things and selling dope for players would still be more profitable than simply going for NPC... Or even it could work like that.
Deliver dope > NPC says that you will get money after XX:XX:XX time. Aka NPC simulates selling it to HIS customers and it could act like a passive income (Every risk stays i.e police is notified, 60-70 per value thing) 

Stores stick up? 
Hard to tell, I am a bit wary on this one. 

Another idea I could think of is usage of docks. Docks of Los Santos is a wonderful place and could be used for illicit activities as well. Like breaking into containers which could get you some useful stuff I assume? (Furniture/phones or w/e and could be resold for "interested benefactor" aka NPC for a certain amount of sum). 

Tbh, if we didn't shun an idea of NPC's a I would think of more stuff.

And in general, I would still believe that groups or solo players would have to do investments into their equipment and interiors to actually get into more profitable activities (I know drug growing will be a thing... Which means to make more potent drugs players would have to set up a lab, buy equipment, get chemicals and etc. Plus a timer to make a batch of let's say crystal meth would be much more longer than for example weed and to continue on getting better quality drugs organizations would have to invest into maintenance of their equipment or get better one). Keeping things somewhat fresh for organizations and consistent activity to take to keep things going.

Edited by Effect
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, JohnM said:

This basically. Not to mention the suggestion goes against the vehicle theft rule already in place.  You are only allowed one attempt of stealing a vehicle within a 24 hour limit. - And the LEO rule about having at least two on-duty officers online.

Faction Team is already working with illegal factions to do these kind of things without a script being needed. If you wish to do something like this submit an FT Contact telling us what you fancy doing and we will check it out. - But a script is not needed, regardless if you want to rob a store or steal a vehicle etc you can report to consult admins. 

Edited by QueenC
  • Like 1

This is a roleplay server not an NPC quest world. 

The idea isn't bad but it's not quite there.

Just a note we are certainly looking at ways to improve things for illegal roleplay and give players a lot more things to do. Having said that I don't believe scriped illegal jobs that have a huge pay reward is the route as that'll easily ruin the economy and get players to stop roleplaying with others.

Our main goal is to encourage player interaction and get people roleplaying together, and that's what we will continue to aim to do with our scripts, we have a LOT coming up in the future.

• Like 2

I agree the suggestion isn't perfect, but it's just food for thought. For all those saying it'd make the game more 'rpg' like -g iven the current server playerbase would these 'RPG' like elements really be a bad thing? I mean GTA World has similar things and it has alot of players on daily, and the RP there, is detailed and fun. I don't see why OwlGaming can't adapt and still maintain a high quality of RP? I'm not saying turn the server into SKYRIM or some light roleplay FiveM shit, but these light RPG elements would make the server more popular for newer players, as to make sure they don't get bored when they first join.

Edited by VeX
  • Like 1

I'm working on some ideas that you could say fall under this notion if you removed the word "job" of course. There will be scripts to support illegal activities coming soon! As an example, we're working on a script to acquire marijuana seeds and be able to grow marijuana plants and sell 'em for cold hard cash. More on this soon!

I agree that we are a role play server, but the development team is very keen to add more RPG elements in ways that will support player interaction and give players more to do in-game!

• Like 2

I have to agree with @VeX on this one. We are not just asking for some completely automatized crime system, but assistance and script support on certain things which could be profitable in long term of thinking (If drug growing will be a thing even simulated market for drugs will give more initiative to get involved into it)

Of course main argument is "that will make the server to RPG-ish" come on, scripted jobs experience system can be considered as RPG element and no one moans about it.

• Like 1