[Vehicles] - Ticket Vehicle

OwlGaming.png

Script Suggestion

What would be the name of the script(s)?-

Ticket Vehicle

What kind of script(s) are you suggesting?-
Vehicles

What is the suggestion?-
As I’ve been patrolling around the city as an LEO, I’ve noticed quite a bit of illegally parked vehicles. Not so severe that they need to be towed, but still parked incorrectly. At this point if they aren’t parked in bad enough to tow, I leave them. I’d like to see a punishable option without towing a vehicle, hence a /ticketveh

What are the advantages?-
Another option rather than just towing a vehicle.
More roleplay on LEO end of enforcing parking.
Hopefully less sloppy vehicle parking around the city.

What are the disadvantages?-

Can be abused by LEO. Although, I have an idea to counter this if script is accepted.

Do you have any resources to support our scripters in making said suggestion?-
No.

How would you go about implementing this idea?-
Scripted team.

Edited by Lemley25
  • Like 3

I've been crying about this myself for some time. I'm sure we'll get there. I'd love to see in place though yeah, for sure. :)

• Like 1
6 minutes ago, ShadowSix said:

I've been crying about this myself for some time. I'm sure we'll get there. I'd love to see in place though yeah, for sure. :)

For sure not a top priority, they’ve got better things to script right now, I just want to see this in the “Accepted” area of scripts haha 

How would that work on the LEO side? Should LEO's that ticket a vehicle report that on PD forums for each vehicle?

I would. To keep track at least. But scriptly, the leo could place the ticket then whenever the veh owner gets into the car, they're met with a notification to input XYZ command to pay said ticket scriptly. 

24 minutes ago, Qainer said:

How would that work on the LEO side? Should LEO's that ticket a vehicle report that on PD forums for each vehicle?

That’s what I’m talking about the counter to abuse. I would speak to PD command about making a policy that ANYTIME  an LEO writes a vehicle ticket, they must take pictures of the vehicle being illegally parked and write a short report, adding those pictures, and explaining under which section how the vehicle is parked illegally. If the LEO does not write that report, then the owner of the vehicle should have the ticket dropped and LEO possibly face reprimand or something. 

I think all of this would be unnecessary if PWTD would be more active. IMO.

It's just more PD document work I think.

I mean the faction to handle these kinds of problems is there but isn't active.

Edited by Qainer
1 minute ago, Qainer said:

I think all of this would be unnecessary if PWTD would be more active. IMO.

It's just more PD document work I think.

I mean the faction to handle these kinds of problems is there but isn't active.

Well, from what I understand PWTD can only tow, unless they make a “Parking Enforcement”  division in the faction that can cite vehicles. 

I for one, enjoy keeping the city clean and proper, so I really don’t mind enforcing the parking and doing the paper work required. It’s not everyone, and I know not every LEO is going to enforce parking like that because they may not want to do the paperwork, however, I enjoy it and don’t mind it at all. 

/ticket was a thing back on MTA where GUI would pop up and then you'd choose which entity an LEO is trying to cite whether it was a vehicle or person. Normally the officer would fill in necessary details like violation, fine, etc. and have it all registered on the MDT with the officer's information as well. It would be a cool touch if it were added an additional field to the MDT where you can put in the picture's link for future reference maybe. Most of the times it went one of two ways on MTA: either PD just cites the illegally parked vehicle right away with /ticket or call in for PWTD's help and have the vehicle towed at their lot. However, having a /ticket script shouldn't negate PWTD's duties and surely doesn't make up for PWTD's inactivity which is also caused due to lack of proper impound script but despite that we're currently aiming to bring PWTD's activity back up.

Anyways I'm all up to have /ticket back on V, would be quite handy at times where PWTD might be unavailable or if the officer believes the vehicle's violation doesn't qualify for an impoundment. 

Edited by Crane
  • Like 2

Seen this on the bug tracker already. Will be done eventually once the critical stuff is worked off the list. 

• Like 1