CluelessNoob

[Vehicle] Speed Limiter/Cruise Control 2.0

What would be the name of the script(s)?-

Being able to limit how fast you go in a vehicle.

What kind of script(s) are you suggesting?-

A keybind to allow players to set a max speed they can drive. (Or remove the max they previously set ofc.)

What is the suggestion?

A keybind to allow players to set a max speed they can drive. I often find myself breaking the speed limits because there is no real way ingame to limit how fast you're going other than paying constant attention to the speed-meter. This results in driving like a idiot, pumping gas, releasing, breaking, pumping gas etc.

If I could set my max speed to 50 and just hold down accelerate and break accordingly for stoplights and turns, It would make my life a lot easier.

What are the advantages?-
- More attention to the road and world as opposed to the speed meter.

- Nice-to-have fix that provides for more immersion rather than driving like someone who is still learning how to get their drivers license.

- Easier to follow the traffic laws.

What are the disadvantages?-

None.

Do you have any resources to support our scripters in making said suggestion?-
A variation on the cruise control script, I suppose?

• Like 1

It does. But it is pretty difficult to use when driving in the cities. As soon as you break, or accelerate, the F8 dissapears/resets.

The suggestion I'm making is that there is a speed limiter which remains so that you can still accelerate/break with it. 

This way you can choose to keep the speed limit/abide by the law or drive too fast. Instead of struggling to do so by constantly monitoring your speed and driving like a idiot with breaking and accelerating every few seconds.

• Like 1