Yannick

Developers Roadmap - Now it's your turn!

Scripted VM

There should be a system in place to sell drugs (and other items later on) that is in game that promotes role play in certain areas. Factions should be able to set up a VM area and RP there to claim it as their own. 

Requirements

Player input on what areas they want to claim and manage to begin with. We'll need in depth discussion on how to properly implement a system that doesn't seem too RPGish, but also makes it more accessible. 

I think this is needed to eventually phase out most of the current FT responsibilities in regards to grinding and bring players IG rather than to the forums.

• Like 1

Item/Inventory

Wallets - The ability to store your creditcard/identification in your wallet.

Requirements

Scripting a new item called Wallet which has a few item slots in it. Where you can store only creditcards and Drivers licenses/Identification
The Wallet should only take up one spot in the inventory

With this when for example getting robbed you are able to give your whole wallet if the other party Roleplays that, etc. 

Edited by Jer
  • Like 3

3 minutes ago, Jer said:

Item/Inventory

Wallets - The ability to store your creditcard/identification in your wallet.

Requirements

Scripting a new item called Wallet which has a few item slots in it. Where you can store only creditcards and Drivers licenses/Identification
The Wallet should only take up one spot in the inventory

With this when for example getting robbed you are able to give your whole wallet if the other party Roleplays that, etc. 

Also makes your inventory less full. I.E some us have 4 items that we can never put elsewhere even though I could keep more than 5 cards in my pockets.

• Like 4

World

Synced weather

Requirements

Synced weather conditions so everyone has the same type of weather instead of one player having heavy rain while the other player is sunbathing

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Illegal Roleplay

Stealing vehicles and property breakins ability

Requirements

• Checkint and checkveh for admins
  • Ability for admins to see when someone was last logged in.

Currently as it stands we don't have the ability to vandalise things or break into places because admins don't have the above commands. Without this illegal roleplay is pretty limited.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Jer said:

Item/Inventory

Generic consumables
An admin will be able to create different kind of food/drink items with a custom name and add them to a shop

Maybe give restaurant owners or shop owners the ability to make food generics taking money from their bank or faction when doing so

Requirements

A modular consumales generics maker script and the ability to add them to exisiting shops or have a custom shop option where you can add specific items to it. 

This but also allow the ability to either choose from a list of icons to represent the item or upload your own.

• Like 1

Player customisation (Vehicles)

Need to be able to respray vehicles, also have an ability to remove vehicle plates (even if its via admin command)

Requirements

• Respray mechanic job, and ability to do so in mod shops.
  • /removeplate command for admins

We should be able to do basic vehicle customisation such as resprays.

• Like 4

Illegal Roleplay
Create a command which removes any serial number off a weapon.

Requirements

• This command should only be handed out to a TRUSTED player.
  • /removeserial

22 minutes ago, Incredible said:

Illegal Roleplay
Create a command which removes any serial number off a weapon.

Requirements

• This command should only be handed out to a TRUSTED player.
  • /removeserial

I agree but I would only give the command to an admin the if the admin approves the logs of the RP they can use this to remove the serial. Good suggestion though.

change map so more players join

give more incentive for people to join this community when there are other communities thriving, i suppose something that makes it distinguishable just like the MTA one

Edited by Mills

1 hour ago, Mills said:

change map so more players join

give more incentive for people to join this community when there are other communities thriving, i suppose something that makes it distinguishable just like the MTA one

Could you elaborate more please?

20 minutes ago, Yannick said:

Could you elaborate more please?

well the map is really tiny and does not inhabit the different types of roleplay required for a healthy environment

gang members simply can't exist in a neighborhood like this because it breaks immersion. the town is pretty small and the countyside just feels god awful for RP, it feels as if players are stuck to roleplaying a specific type of people and that's fine but it's not what most people are used to. think about it; gang territories in the main town are pretty much hard to come by when you can literally roam the entire map in 5 minutes on a car

the MTA community you guys had was special in its scripts and in how they were able to make the game feel different, yet if you compare OwlV to any other successful RP server you'll come to realize it doesn't make much of a difference. there's simply no incentive for people to join OwlV and not any other successful RP community with hundreds of players around.

i know this is a suggestion that'll probably not be heard, but i would say take advice from players regarding map location and choose wisely according to what people say and through conducting your own tests with ALL types of RP put into consideration. this includes gang RP, police, prostitution, ricers, whatever.... everyone needs some sort of "area" for all characters to identify with and thus create more traction in the entire world

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mills said:

well the map is really tiny and does not inhabit the different types of roleplay required for a healthy environment

gang members simply can't exist in a neighborhood like this because it breaks immersion. the town is pretty small and the countyside just feels god awful for RP, it feels as if players are stuck to roleplaying a specific type of people and that's fine but it's not what most people are used to. think about it; gang territories in the main town are pretty much hard to come by when you can literally roam the entire map in 5 minutes on a car

the MTA community you guys had was special in its scripts and in how they were able to make the game feel different, yet if you compare OwlV to any other successful RP server you'll come to realize it doesn't make much of a difference. there's simply no incentive for people to join OwlV and not any other successful RP community with hundreds of players around.

i know this is a suggestion that'll probably not be heard, but i would say take advice from players regarding map location and choose wisely according to what people say and through conducting your own tests with ALL types of RP put into consideration. this includes gang RP, police, prostitution, ricers, whatever.... everyone needs some sort of "area" for all characters to identify with and thus create more traction in the entire world

You can RP in Los Santos and almost anywhere in the map. Paleto was once the restricted area but it isn't anymore.

20 hours ago, Deez said:

You can RP in Los Santos and almost anywhere in the map. Paleto was once the restricted area but it isn't anymore.

but there is no central support

when you have a map that's like 10x larger than the MTA server WHICH already did not look too lively despite getting 100+ players on it, of course there will be a struggle for people to find proper roleplay

my opinion is to centralize a few areas in los santos for RP and keep the rest of the map open

doesn't harm to have a "pizza stacks" on owlV, a hotspot that bands players around and brings about decent RP from time to time. this is just a stepping stone towards bringing more people around.

13 minutes ago, Mills said:

but there is no central support

when you have a map that's like 10x larger than the MTA server WHICH already did not look too lively despite getting 100+ players on it, of course there will be a struggle for people to find proper roleplay

my opinion is to centralize a few areas in los santos for RP and keep the rest of the map open

doesn't harm to have a "pizza stacks" on owlV, a hotspot that bands players around and brings about decent RP from time to time. this is just a stepping stone towards bringing more people around.

Mirror Park is a central hub that a lot of people choose to RP in.

• Like 1

Also heads up we're looking at adding some more middle class house interiors with the help of @Jer and @Neptune

If you think you can help, message me.

• Like 3

Factions

Would be great to have blips for 911 calls, so when you've accepted it it'll give you a GPS location since dispatch would realistically show a location.

Requirements

• Similar script to the advertisement system, just /acc911and it adds a blip to your location.

Needs adding for noobs like me who don't have the foggiest idea where things are.

• Like 2

Factions

Dispatch device for when EMS and PD go on duty. It'll show your location at all times, unlike now, where there's a static blip in the center of the map.. Until you come in streaming distance of your fellow copper/ems person, then it'll update to the correct location.

Requirements

Adjustment to the blip system as well as the map system, item system for the dispatch device.. And whatever else is needed for the feature to work properly.

21 minutes ago, Deuce said:

Factions

Dispatch device for when EMS and PD go on duty. It'll show your location at all times, unlike now, where there's a static blip in the center of the map.. Until you come in streaming distance of your fellow copper/ems person, then it'll update to the correct location.

Requirements

Adjustment to the blip system as well as the map system, item system for the dispatch device.. And whatever else is needed for the feature to work properly.

This, need to locate units fast and effectively especially if there's an 'officer down'

Factions

Impound lot for PD and PTWD & Ticketing vehicles PD

Requirements

• Impound lot for PD and PTWD to impound vehicles similar to how the current tow script works. They would take a vehicle to a location, then input how long it needs to be impounded for and a fine.

Actually ensures PTWD has a reason to exist since right now they can't do anything, also PD need to be able to tow vehicles for investigation or for breaking road laws. They can then either impound them indefinitely (for ongoing investigations) or for as long as the penal code states. 

PD Also need to be able to ticket vehicles including faction vehicles, since currently they are unable to.

• Like 2